OT Civility on the forum

bpj

Re: OT Civility on the forum

Post by bpj » Wed May 29, 2019 5:56 pm

Ziskmagic wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:33 pm
In theory, I am against banning people. There are many voices to hear, and it's ok not to like all of them.

Name calling and droning on incessantly both reveal a great deal about one's character. It's tired and unoroginal - but that's on each of us. With real passion sometimes comes temporary insanity - occasionally it's chronic. Have a heart...AND grow a pair.

I for one am grateful to all who post, whether I like what you have to say or not. There's not a poster here whose words I haven't benefited at least a smidge from reading.
Agreed.

Stop trying to change people's minds. State your piece, move on, and let the season play out.

When I say Kyle Seager is a 2B and Mallex Smith sucks, I know the Mariners arent moving Seager right now, but I do think it will play out (just like Healy to 3B did, when needed. But I was told "never"), but then you see them send Smith to AAA shortly after we point out "time" wasnt the answer.

On the flip side, I'm open minded enough to think that Mallex may have gotten the help he needed like Nori Aoki did, but if I see he still sucks after starting hot I'll be right there to point it out and hope they act quickly. Not just trying to point it out to youse guys.

We've seen enough moves come about after discussions at the Times Forum, and now here, to know somebody has their ear to the ground on the local vibes in the M's front office.
Last edited by bpj on Wed May 29, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Wed May 29, 2019 5:58 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 4:07 pm
The Astroknott wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 3:59 pm
If this becomes some safe place for girly boys it will be the end of this place
Take away the independent thought and you take away the beauty of this place

Just foe if you can’t handle it

Some of you are just pussies
Not looking to take away independent thought just looking to eliminate the jr. high/grade school behavior which you were condemning recently as well.
Yes, that was me Astroknott was condemning. It was on the Game Thread Standings thread.

I chose to respond privately to him, not with a counter-attack but with an attempt for common ground and to keep it off the forum war ground ("the beauty of this place"). Of course there was no return message.

His post was classless, an overt attempt to be publicly insulting and demeaning. It was also done in a grade school, bullying manner while proclaiming Astroknott's own civility.

That post the moderator has chosen to not delete.......dt?

I do not know who he is from the other forum and as he has chosen to not respond to me I simply regard Astroknott as just another internet coward hiding behind anonymity.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Wed May 29, 2019 7:53 pm

Dr Naysay wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 2:24 pm
No one has to go, I'm on another sports forum mostly millennial users and it doesn't have to turn in to a shit fest every time someone doesn't agree with another person. It's a simple process, someone makes a statement then let them counter it with facts or opinion and let them counter. I can't however sit here through this and I doubt many more people would wan't to join through the pissing contests on here. My two cents, I am out!
You can't be out! What do you think this is, Shark Tank???
DMM

Greatest M's Fan

Post by Greatest M's Fan » Wed May 29, 2019 8:07 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:08 pm
Recent posts from "Greatest M's Fan":

"I just refuse to change my life around to watch every M's game, especially when I know the outcome will be bad. Unlike yourself, who is a braindead wanna-be meathead, I have better things to do. Watching your star starting rotation you've surely praised on the other forum (of course you'll deny it here like a lying little bitch) is NOT enjoyable."

"You need to drag your defenders into your moronic arguments in the instance that you are inevitably bitch slapped here about your stupidity. You sissy-ass bitch."

"I'm meat, maybe if I keep sucking Cano's asshole when he GIDP's everytime, he'll give me a ride in his cool car, maybe I can ride on his lap?"

"Sitting on your fat thumbs which are firmly planted up your fat ass while you proclaim & then endlessly wait for your favorite boyfriends like LeBlanc, Leake, Millone, Marco to be good at pitching."

"I know it's difficult being a zombie homer & defending these players who you idolize because you're a total lame. And you most definitely didn't start busting the balls of Cano until last year. You would attack other posters who were attacking him so STFU with your stupid lies."

"You ass hurts because I guarantee you've labeled scrubs like Leake & LeBlanc as actual good starting pitchers when they suck ass."

And let's not forget this gem you posted the other day which encompassed 19 out of every 20 of your fellow posters:

"For 5 years he loafed & slacked in Seattle, while the media & 95% of the guys on this forum licked his nutsack every single day."

So...would you like to change your story?
Here you go again. Sigh.

What story is supposed to be changed? I said all that stuff about you, following you attacking me FIRST. You thought I was Livesmatter & decided to attack my correct statement about the awful starting pitching.

I continued to destroy you when you kept on with your imbecilic comebacks. I'm pretty sure you went around the forum looking for people to come defend you, because that's what you do.

The fact of the matter is: YOU like to attack people here & not in a fun way as you dishonestly claim. You had a hard on for Livesmatter for some twisted reason & you've been waiting for him to appear here, so you could continue the nonsense.

You're still going on with the silly comebacks instead of admitting you were wrong to be acting like a 6 year old in the first place.

Logainismyhero

Post by Logainismyhero » Wed May 29, 2019 8:31 pm

Here is a novel idea.

Why don't the two of you take it to PM's so we don't have to see it?

Just saying.......

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:40 pm

Greatest M's Fan wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:07 pm
What story is supposed to be changed? I said all that stuff about you, following you attacking me FIRST. You thought I was Livesmatter & decided to attack my correct statement about the awful starting pitching.

I continued to destroy you when you kept on with your imbecilic comebacks. I'm pretty sure you went around the forum looking for people to come defend you, because that's what you do.

The fact of the matter is: YOU like to attack people here & not in a fun way as you dishonestly claim. You had a hard on for Livesmatter for some twisted reason & you've been waiting for him to appear here, so you could continue the nonsense.

You're still going on with the silly comebacks instead of admitting you were wrong to be acting like a 6 year old in the first place.
Here's the problem with that: people can easily look up our posts here and see that you're lying. You are aware that it's 2019 and people can do this, right? Seriously, you can actually click on posters' posting histories. How do you think I managed to put all your posts here?

And I see you conveniently failed to explain "For 5 years he loafed & slacked in Seattle, while the media & 95% of the guys on this forum licked his nutsack every single day." You insulted pretty much everyone here with that one.

If you're not LivesMatter, then why are you exhibiting all of his mannerisms? Why do you have the handle "Greatest M's Fan" like the handles you had on the Times Forum ("HardcoreMarinerFan", "Hawkbydynasty", "HuskyAndCougFan", etc.) yet just about everything you post is negative? The only thing different here that even creates a little bit of doubt is the incessant cursing.

Tell you what: you have an open invitation to click on the "Forum Members Introduce Yourselves" thread and tell us about yourself.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:40 pm

Logainismyhero wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:31 pm
Here is a novel idea.

Just saying.......
Please don't lump me in with him, I'm being civil.

Greatest M's Fan

Post by Greatest M's Fan » Wed May 29, 2019 8:49 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:40 pm
Logainismyhero wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:31 pm
Here is a novel idea.

Just saying.......
Please don't lump me in with him, I'm being civil.
Right, you're civil. After I pounded you into dust endlessly. You attacked someone with a disability for YEARS. You just told on yourself.... you attacked me because you thought I was Livesmatter, who you've been looking to bully around on here. It doesn't matter what someone's mannerism's are or whatever, this isn't the Soviet Union & you aren't the forum god. Anybody can post whatever they want, if you don't like it..... whatever. You're a forum bully & you can't handle somebody destroying you. Go find yourself a therapy dog.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu May 30, 2019 1:13 am

rockycola wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:58 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 4:07 pm
The Astroknott wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 3:59 pm
If this becomes some safe place for girly boys it will be the end of this place
Take away the independent thought and you take away the beauty of this place

Just foe if you can’t handle it

Some of you are just pussies
Not looking to take away independent thought just looking to eliminate the jr. high/grade school behavior which you were condemning recently as well.
Yes, that was me Astroknott was condemning. It was on the Game Thread Standings thread.

I chose to respond privately to him, not with a counter-attack but with an attempt for common ground and to keep it off the forum war ground ("the beauty of this place"). Of course there was no return message.

His post was classless, an overt attempt to be publicly insulting and demeaning. It was also done in a grade school, bullying manner while proclaiming Astroknott's own civility.

That post the moderator has chosen to not delete.......dt?

I do not know who he is from the other forum and as he has chosen to not respond to me I simply regard Astroknott as just another internet coward hiding behind anonymity.
Let’s see classless, bullying, coward....

Do you feel better now Phil, I thought you got it all off your chest when you threatened me in your pm, Evidently not...hopefully you feel better

Happy as hell

Post by Happy as hell » Thu May 30, 2019 1:34 am

Wow, does this sound like a kindergarten school room.

He started it. He called me names. He gave me a wedgie.