Back to our pitching

Hanjag

Re: Back to our pitching

Post by Hanjag » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:04 am

bpj wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:41 am
I dont view it as bleakly as I did last year because this is a long game.

We aren't saddled with Canos contract any longer. Felix is coming off the books.

Gordon and Seager can't be too far behind if they can perform enough that Dipoto can get back somebody with a pulse and salary relief of any kind.

It's easy to say let's see how he spends the money. I hope he doesn't. I hope he pulls in more draws at the Hanigers, Vogelbachs, Gonzales's, Narvaez's, etc.

He got most of those guys for nothing. I'm willing to wait on the Bruce trade and the others because it doesnt look nearly as barren as it did a year ago. In my opinion.
It's all about health and development. I remember when we had the big 3 (Walker, Paxton, and Hultzen) All three were top 100 prospect pitchers and the math said that on average one would play in mlb as a starter. Hultzen fell apart right before he would have been the 1st to make it.

We now have the four horseman: Justice Sheffield, Justin Dunn, Gilbert, and George Kirby.
You could add a 2nd group of four horseman arms.
Damon Casetta Stubbs, Sam Carlson, Brandon Williamson, and Isiah Campbell.
Right now The M's have 3 top 100 prospects arms. the 1st 3 of the first 4 horsemen list. I expect Kirby to make it with graduations and strong performance even is short season Everett.

The 2nd group has a lot of talent Carlson was considered a 1st Rd. talent, Campbell was the #45 rated player, and Williamson was # 83 in the draft. Stubbs is another player in that range.

Just my .02$