Felix already dealin for the Braves

Sexymarinersfan

Re: Felix already dealin for the Braves

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:10 pm

Wow, Felix looked good. Other than the walk he gave up and wild pitch thrown, he had 2 K's. I hope he has a great year. Not to mention Alex Jackson was behind the plate catching. Supposedly his bat has really come on. He's regaining his prospect shine back apparently, according to the broadcasters. Figures :roll:

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:02 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:10 pm
Wow, Felix looked good. Other than the walk he gave up and wild pitch thrown, he had 2 K's. I hope he has a great year. Not to mention Alex Jackson was behind the plate catching. Supposedly his bat has really come on. He's regaining his prospect shine back apparently, according to the broadcasters. Figures :roll:
Speaking of Jackson, has there been any word on Povse? He was the more promising prospect imo between him and Whalen.

Edit, found my answer. Such a bad trade. Sold low for 2 prospects with a low ceiling.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeDoyleMiLB ... 6946145280
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:27 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:02 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:10 pm
Speaking of Jackson, has there been any word on Povse? He was the more promising prospect imo between him and Whalen.

Edit, found my answer. Such a bad trade. Sold low for 2 prospects with a low ceiling.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeDoyleMiLB ... 6946145280
JD is so flucking lucky to be given a second chance. If he screws this up we can throw him in the Bavasi JackZ shit hole.
dt

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:32 am

D-train wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:04 pm

btw check out this tweet by a typical Mariner fan stating that Dee is a better hitter than Seager.

10h
Idk why dee doesnt play 3rd. Imagine replacing seagers bat with dee... idc if dee average an error every game.. it would still be an upgrade
[/quote]

The tip off is the "error a game" thing. Obviously a Gordon fanboy who saw one game last year.
DMM

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:36 am

D-train wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:46 pm

I just put down $16k for a $4k rental so I need to pinch pennies until my house sells but then its fat city.
It's Boston... so that $4K rental must be for your storage unit...
DMM

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:45 am

Dipoto has been fixing the mistakes that Z made thank you very much Mr. Cano and Diaz for J. Kelenic. Our system AND salary cap are in a lot better position than they were when Z was running the show. It's time to let him get his shot before we cast judgement.

The Mariners have been at this stage before, many, many times. Let's see what comes of 2021. That's when I feel it is more than fair to cast judgement, good or bad, at Jerry Dipoto. So far I like what I see.

Lots of youth, and even extra youth for that matter to augment the roster. We should continue to collect as much pitching during the draft as possible, as it is the hardest asset to acquire in baseball. I'm not saying the 1st pick HAS to be a pitcher either. But you can never have enough of it.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:21 am

D-train wrote:
AT Fresno wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:25 pm
You should add a tv subscription for MILB.com this year which isn't more than about 30 bucks a year for 2300 games..... might want to keep track of the MOdesto team or the Arkansas Travelers....
Great idea. Thanks brother!

btw check out this tweet by a typical Mariner fan stating that Dee is a better hitter than Seager.

OKCmarinerD
@OKCmariner
·
10h
Idk why dee doesnt play 3rd. Imagine replacing seagers bat with dee... idc if dee average an error every game.. it would still be an upgrade
It's got to be the cowdungdrugs they injest in OKC.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:29 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:45 am
Dipoto has been fixing the mistakes that Z made thank you very much Mr. Cano and Diaz for J. Kelenic. Our system AND salary cap are in a lot better position than they were when Z was running the show. It's time to let him get his shot before we cast judgement.

The Mariners have been at this stage before, many, many times. Let's see what comes of 2021. That's when I feel it is more than fair to cast judgement, good or bad, at Jerry Dipoto. So far I like what I see.

Lots of youth, and even extra youth for that matter to augment the roster. We should continue to collect as much pitching during the draft as possible, as it is the hardest asset to acquire in baseball. I'm not saying the 1st pick HAS to be a pitcher either. But you can never have enough of it.
“Fixing Jack Z’s mistakes?”

So that explains 4 years of generally dismal trades and free agent pickups.

If what looks to be a solid group of farmhands can turn around 100 moves that got us to Nowhere, that’s fine.

But the Statute of Limitations has run out per what Z did or didn’t do.

Gordon to CF, results poor. Valencia, Alonso, et al for first, then jettisoned, JD raves about the new pickup, over and over and over, for 4 years, broken record, next thing you know, he flips him, or dfa’s, another head-scratcher.

I remain to be convinced, cause the guy’s truly scatterbrained.

The Blue Jays btw, finished almost 30 games under .500 last year, albeit with three solid rookie position players in the starting lineup.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:07 am

"So that explains 4 years of generally dismal trades and free agent pickups."

He went for it with the aging stars that we had. It would have been unwise to offload anymore prospects towards a roster that had been constructed poorly.

And had he not offloaded Cano, the rebuild would have taken even longer. A rebuild doesn't just happen over night. If he hadn't of gotten rid of those over priced aging stars when he did, we'd of been set back at least another 2-3 years.

The actual reimagining has been about 2 years now. He has stated that the organization will begin to add pieces, to begin contention by as soon as the 2020 All-Star break this year.

While I agree with you that a lot of his trades didn't come out to our benefit, I still think he's on the plus side column when making a pro's and con's list.

For everyone of Gordon, Valenica, Alonso you bring up, you must add, Haniger, Segura, Narvaez, Murphy, Marco, Long to the equation.

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:16 am

D-train wrote:
AT Fresno wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:25 pm
You should add a tv subscription for MILB.com this year which isn't more than about 30 bucks a year for 2300 games..... might want to keep track of the MOdesto team or the Arkansas Travelers....
Great idea. Thanks brother!

OKCmarinerD
@OKCmariner
·
10h
Wow. Just wow.