Let's not go 0 fer ST game thread - Return of the Gamel toe

AT Funchal-Madeira

Re: Let's not go 0 fer ST game thread - Return of the Gamel toe

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:38 pm

Sims has been gushing like a cheerleader with sloppy panties over Mallex Smith.... then asked Blowers, "What do you think of him"? How do you answer that question??? Got to be a homer.... Can't say, "well, I don't think too much of him, Dave. He sucked last year at the plate.... .227 and he played center field like he had a cast iron skillet on his hand instead of a glove.... but he did steal 40+ bases." Not exactly the second coming of Ken Griffey Jr..

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:57 pm

Gordon had a nice day.. 3-3 and gets to go to the shower.... His replacement scores on a DOUBLE by Mallex Smith.... My underwear feels a little damp. :?

Shed Long is having a decent spring thus far..... 2nd hit today and an RBI..

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:10 pm

Gerber with a nice quick inning.... strikeout walk double play..... I hope to watch him in Arkansas this summer... if he conti Mes to make ;progress, he'll be knocking on the door. M's have a nice 6-2 lead and should be playing the extras pretty soon.

Yeah, 3 prospects go down in a hurry.... Raleigh, Rodriguez, and Rizzo.... Rizzo is still young, smallish for third base, he just dropped off the top 30 prospect list this year... I sort of figure NoElvi Marte will become our top third base prospect...Rizzo needs to show progress this year to realize his projected potential... he's been stalling out at A+...

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:26 pm

AT Fresno wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:10 pm
Gerber with a nice quick inning.... strikeout walk double play..... I hope to watch him in Arkansas this summer... if he conti Mes to make ;progress, he'll be knocking on the door. M's have a nice 6-2 lead and should be playing the extras pretty soon.

Yeah, 3 prospects go down in a hurry.... Raleigh, Rodriguez, and Rizzo.... Rizzo is still young, smallish for third base, he just dropped off the top 30 prospect list this year... I sort of figure NoElvi Marte will become our top third base prospect...Rizzo needs to show progress this year to realize his projected potential... he's been stalling out at A+...
Wyatt Mills gets through his inning with little trouble. He's a definite prospect for the MLB team in 2021. The M's have a lot of quality depth coming along both starters and relief.