I guess we aren't signing any Int. prospects

Dr Naysay

Re: I guess we aren't signing any Int. prospects

Post by Dr Naysay » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:09 am

Probably been mentioned but we signed Kristian Cardozo, the second pitcher I was hoping we might target. Deal was pretty much done with the Dodgers but somehow didn't and we snapped him up.

https://twitter.com/JesseSanchezMLB/sta ... 7568710656
First of all, Cardozo has the durable and athletic frame evaluators seek in starting pitcher prospects. He also features a lot more.

The young right-hander has an easy, repeatable delivery paired with a loose and under-control arm action. He has shown the ability to throw strikes and his mix of three quality pitches stands out for a player his age.

Cardozo's fastball usually sits in the 90 mph range for multiple innings and he has been up to 92 mph with good command. More velocity could be on the way as he grows and his body develops. Cardozo's curveball sits in the low 70s with depth and good tempo and his change hovers in the low 80s with some arm-side fade. Overall, his present pitch abilities and stuff combined with body projection has some scouts believing Cardozo has middle-of-the-rotation upside. He's a competitor that also known for his good makeup. He's confident on the mound.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:04 pm

ice99 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:38 pm
Beltre started out as a SS. I'd like them to sign a SS/3B type like Beltre. Perhaps one of those already signed is a Beltre type.
Hopefully that's Marte. He may end up in the outfield though. Definitely has the speed for the OF.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:10 pm

that deal with Cardozo seems interesting, he is reported everywhere as signed by the Dodgers but now that we signed him its not news...what happened?