Minor League Updates

rockycola

Re: Minor League Updates

Post by rockycola » Sat May 04, 2019 3:05 am

rockycola wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 2:46 am
AA Arkansas saw it's first poor outing by Ricardo Sánchez tonight against the Frisco Roughriders.
In his sixth game of the season he only got through 4 innings, giving up 9 hits (2 doubles), 1 walk and no strikeouts. He gave up 4 runs, all earned and yet his ERA is still a fine 1.75.

Travs are down 4-2 with Frisco batting in the bottom of the 8th, Altavilla on the mound,

Dom Thompson-Williams is 2-4. Catcher Joseph Odom also has 2 hits, both doubles. RF David Sheaffer has a HR. Kyle Lewis is 0-3 with a walk and 2 K's.

It ain't over yet. Arkansas get one more turn at the plate.
It ain't over yet!!! Top of the 9th, a Shaeffer walk, White single, DTW double followed by a Lewis single has scored 3. 5-4 Travelers.
Logan Taylor singles, Joe DeCarlo walked and it's bases loaded with 1 out for Odom.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Sat May 04, 2019 3:06 am

rockycola wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 3:05 am
rockycola wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 2:46 am
AA Arkansas saw it's first poor outing by Ricardo Sánchez tonight against the Frisco Roughriders.
In his sixth game of the season he only got through 4 innings, giving up 9 hits (2 doubles), 1 walk and no strikeouts. He gave up 4 runs, all earned and yet his ERA is still a fine 1.75.

Travs are down 4-2 with Frisco batting in the bottom of the 8th, Altavilla on the mound,

Dom Thompson-Williams is 2-4. Catcher Joseph Odom also has 2 hits, both doubles. RF David Sheaffer has a HR. Kyle Lewis is 0-3 with a walk and 2 K's.

It ain't over yet!!! Top of the 9th, a Shaeffer walk, White single, DTW double followed by a Lewis single has scored 3. 5-4 Travelers.
Logan Taylor singles, Joe DeCarlo walked and it's bases loaded with 1 out for Odom.
Odom singles 2 more in!!! 7-4 now.

https://www.milb.com/gameday/travelers- ... ame=584567

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Sat May 04, 2019 6:28 am

Odom singles 2 more in!!! 7-4 now.

https://www.milb.com/gameday/travelers- ... ame=584567

Arkansas got the 7-4 victory. Altavilla the win, RHP Darin Gillies got his 2nd save.
DTW and Odom both 3 hits.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Sat May 04, 2019 9:30 pm

YIKES ~ I didn't see this coming and I thought Curletta might be an option should an injury to the big club happen or EEE gets traded.
I heard on the radio this morning driving to Tacoma that Healy may be out for a bit with a groin pull.......................
05/04/19 Boston Red Sox claimed 1B Joey Curletta off waivers from Seattle Mariners.
Washington Nationals traded RHP Austin Adams to Seattle Mariners for cash and LHP Nick Wells.
Seattle Mariners optioned Austin Adams to Tacoma Rainiers.
From the Mike Curto blog today:
ROSTER MOVES: Today the Boston Red Sox claimed Rainiers first baseman Joey Curletta off waivers. Apparently the M’s thought they could sneak him off the 40-man roster, but no such luck. This causes an immediate problem for the Rainiers, who are suddenly short position players. Prior to yesterday’s game, reliever Ruben Alaniz was activated from the Injured List and reliever Matt Tenuta was transferred to Double-A (I’m sure we’ll see him again later this season). Outfielder Mallex Smith – who was optioned to Tacoma on Tuesday – is working independently with a Mariners hitting coach and he will report to Tacoma whenever the organization feels he is ready. It could be as soon as today. Shed Long jammed his thumb trying to steal second last night and is day-to-day.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat May 04, 2019 10:03 pm

Can't believe they tried to option Curletta. Option one of the crappy relievers like Altavilla
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat May 04, 2019 10:44 pm

Dipoto must be back to taking stupid pills. Curletta was the M's minor league hitter of the year in 2018 and at 25 yo he still has a chance to develop into something. So Sham-wow decides to just give him away. :roll:

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Sun May 05, 2019 12:04 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 10:03 pm
Can't believe they tried to option Curletta. Option one of the crappy relievers like Altavilla
He's been in AA with Arkansas Travelers for the last week or so.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun May 05, 2019 12:23 am

rockycola wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 12:04 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Isn't he still on the 40 man roster though?
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Sun May 05, 2019 12:56 am

rockycola wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:30 pm
YIKES ~ I didn't see this coming and I thought Curletta might be an option should an injury to the big club happen or EEE gets traded.
I heard on the radio this morning driving to Tacoma that Healy may be out for a bit with a groin pull.......................
05/04/19 Boston Red Sox claimed 1B Joey Curletta off waivers from Seattle Mariners.
Washington Nationals traded RHP Austin Adams to Seattle Mariners for cash and LHP Nick Wells.
Seattle Mariners optioned Austin Adams to Tacoma Rainiers.
From the Mike Curto blog today:
ROSTER MOVES: Today the Boston Red Sox claimed Rainiers first baseman Joey Curletta off waivers. Apparently the M’s thought they could sneak him off the 40-man roster, but no such luck. This causes an immediate problem for the Rainiers, who are suddenly short position players. Prior to yesterday’s game, reliever Ruben Alaniz was activated from the Injured List and reliever Matt Tenuta was transferred to Double-A (I’m sure we’ll see him again later this season). Outfielder Mallex Smith – who was optioned to Tacoma on Tuesday – is working independently with a Mariners hitting coach and he will report to Tacoma whenever the organization feels he is ready. It could be as soon as today. Shed Long jammed his thumb trying to steal second last night and is day-to-day.
Catcher Austin Nola is at 1st for Tacoma, which he has experience at. Lobaton, the grizzled vet is catching.
Bergman has given up 4 runs in less than 3 innings to the Isotopes.
In the bottom of the 1st, Mallex singled, stole 2nd and 3rd. J.P. singled him in for the Tacoma sloe run so far.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Sun May 05, 2019 12:58 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 12:23 am
rockycola wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 12:04 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Isn't he still on the 40 man roster though?
Yes he is. I'd rather they option Alaniz than Altavilla.