Final Spring Training Trip/Crib thread

AZOldDawg

Re: Final Spring Training Trip/Crib thread

Post by AZOldDawg » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:51 am

If anybody wants to take a day off to golf I can take care of it.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:00 am

Pharmabro wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:40 am
Pharmabro wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:28 am
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:59 am

I have 1 extra ticket for the 16th
Can I buy it?

I will start looking for the other games and maybe we can try to have a big forum rooting section?
And is it the Chicago WS or is it the Reds game it is a split squad day.
White Sox you can pay me when you get there

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:18 am

AZOldDawg wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:51 am
It might be tough with my family, and not sure where we’ll stay, but I would love to golf. Where do you live, and what course would you play?
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:56 am

AZOldDawg wrote:
Maybe.

Where is the golf course?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:56 am

AZOldDawg wrote:
We have games all three full days and they are all at 1pm so I don't see it being feasible to play 18 prior when you include all the travel times and other logistics (not going to be scrambling around stressing out on my vacation) but I would be willing to play 9.

I could play 18 holes on Tuesday as I am staying with Friends until Friday the 22nd.
dt

desbcoach

Post by desbcoach » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:52 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:00 pm
Believe it or not we are on 60 days away!

So I would like to lock in the Guest list. There are Four Bedrooms and it sleeps 12. Please confirm or deny your attendance.

Master: Darren and Lynda
Bedroom 2: Jay and Julie
Bedroom 3: Chad and Belkys
Bedroom 4: Terry/TLO and Dave Sanders/Desbcoach.

As always there is zero cost to stay.

Anyone else???? There are four open spots unless I am forgetting someone.
Won’t be there taking wife on vacation

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:27 pm

Golf is really expensive in March because it's a perfect storm with people coming for Thanksgiving. The good courses are going to be over $200. I live on a course called Arizona Traditions that is short but narrow with tough greens. Next door is Great Eagle which is an older traditional course with excellent greens but spotty fairways. The Legend at Arrowhead is close to Darren's pad but more expensive. There are a bunch of older Sun City courses that were designed for seniors in the 70's. Sun City West has several nice courses but cart rental is extra. These are all courses within a half hour of the Peoria Complex. All should run under $100. My course is on an 8:00 and 1:00 shotgun start. Most course's primo tee times are reserved for members.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:33 pm

AZOldDawg wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:27 pm
Golf is really expensive in March because it's a perfect storm with people coming for Thanksgiving. The good courses are going to be over $200. I live on a course called Arizona Traditions that is short but narrow with tough greens. Next door is Great Eagle which is an older traditional course with excellent greens but spotty fairways. The Legend at Arrowhead is close to Darren's pad but more expensive. There are a bunch of older Sun City courses that were designed for seniors in the 70's. Sun City West has several nice courses but cart rental is extra. These are all courses within a half hour of the Peoria Complex. All should run under $100. My course is on an 8:00 and 1:00 shotgun start. Most course's primo tee times are reserved for members.
Thanksgiving??? :lol:
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:34 pm

AZOldDawg wrote:
What about where we played two years ago? That seemed convenient and inexpensive?
dt

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:01 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:34 pm
AZOldDawg wrote:
What about where we played two years ago? That seemed convenient and inexpensive?