Thank you Mariners! vs Angels GT 2nd of October 2021

D-train

Re: Thank you Mariners! vs Angels GT 2nd of October 2021

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:33 pm

Hey Wacha pitched awesome his last outing vs. the Astros. He is our only hope.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play ... &year=2021
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:53 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:
joel.JPG
joel.JPG (12.28 KiB) Viewed 1246 times
dt

Petert

Post by Petert » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:47 pm

bpj wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 am
Haven't been much of a Sims fan, but loved this call, and especially seeing how he was rooting along, love it!
Those of us who deride him for his errors, partisanship, and prattle (like me) tend to forget that he actually has a very good voice for doing this stuff, and we don't get to see the physical expression that accompanies it. Thanks for posting this. It tempers my thinking with a bit of appreciation.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:15 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:13 pm
rockycola wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:26 am
AT Funchal-Madeira wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:14 am
And by the way..... Congratulations to D-Train and/or Linda for winning the game projection contest... It will be either 90 or 91 or 92 games... So you figured out a way to win.... amazing
Can’t be Lynda. M’s have 90. Only one left to play.
I prognosticated 90.
When we win #91 tomorrow, nobody wins the contest.
Nobody chose 91. Damn! That Nobody character is good.
(Darren will be a winner because he gets to keep his $100).
Not that it matters but I just realized it can be Lynda. Tie breaker games are considered part of the regular season so Monday counts if it happens.
Then Lynda is our Good Luck Charm.
The Magenta crowd needs to chant,
“Lynda! Lynda!! Lynda!!!” throughout the entire game!
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

Petert

Post by Petert » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:32 pm

I've been looking at Haniger's hit again and again. So much went on inside that moment.

Had he not swung, the pitch was so close to the bottom of the zone that it could have been called a strike. Had Haniger taken that pitch for a called ball four, we would have had a tie game, and it still would have been up to Seager facing Cishek or another bullpen arm. (But I can't remember seeing anyone warming up in the Angels bullpen.) Seager facing Cishek I wouldn’t have been comfortable with.

Haniger, in a right-on-right face-off, with that bent-forward-knee swing, picked perhaps the best pitch he was going to get from Cishek, to create the perfect dramatic moment, the pure essence of clutch.

It was Edgar all over again.
Last edited by Petert on Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:38 pm

rockycola wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:15 pm
D-train wrote:
rockycola wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:26 am

Can’t be Lynda. M’s have 90. Only one left to play.
I prognosticated 90.
When we win #91 tomorrow, nobody wins the contest.
Nobody chose 91. Damn! That Nobody character is good.
(Darren will be a winner because he gets to keep his $100).
Not that it matters but I just realized it can be Lynda. Tie breaker games are considered part of the regular season so Monday counts if it happens.
I just asked her and she said she was definitely considering the tie breaker game when she made here prediction. :lol:
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:39 pm

Petert wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:32 pm
I've been looking at Haniger's hit again and again. So much went on inside that moment.

Had he not swung, the pitch was so close to the bottom of the zone that it could have been called a strike. That would have brought Seager up with the bases loaded, and while he's no stranger to the dramatic moment, I think Cishek's loopy breaking pitch might very well have gotten the better of him, if Madden had stayed with him. If Madden goes to another pitcher, it resets everything, and who knows what could have happened. Had Haniger taken that pitch for a called ball four, we would have had a tie game, and it still would have been up to Seager facing Cishek or another bullpen arm. (But I can't remember seeing anyone warming up in the Angels bullpen.)

Haniger, in a right-on-right face-off, with that bent-forward-knee swing, picked perhaps the best pitch he was going to get from Cishek, to create the perfect dramatic moment, the pure essence of clutch.

Strike three would have ended the inning.
dt

Petert

Post by Petert » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:52 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:39 pm
Petert wrote:

Had he not swung, the pitch was so close to the bottom of the zone that it could have been called a strike. That would have brought Seager up with the bases loaded, and while he's no stranger to the dramatic moment, I think Cishek's loopy breaking pitch might very well have gotten the better of him, if Madden had stayed with him. If Madden goes to another pitcher, it resets everything, and who knows what could have happened. Had Haniger taken that pitch for a called ball four, we would have had a tie game, and it still would have been up to Seager facing Cishek or another bullpen arm. (But I can't remember seeing anyone warming up in the Angels bullpen.)

Thank you for that correction of my idiocy. 😳 I’m embarrassed beyond belief. Please delete my post before it gets around. 😳

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:53 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:38 pm
rockycola wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:15 pm
D-train wrote:

I just asked her and she said she was definitely considering the tie breaker game when she made here prediction. :lol:
:)

Petert

Post by Petert » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:57 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:39 pm
Petert wrote:

I amended my error in an edit. My own personal Dave Sims moment.