Minor League Updates

Vogelbomb

Re: Minor League Updates

Post by Vogelbomb » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:17 am

Dr Naysay wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:40 am
Gilbert with another good outing.
huh? he gave up 2ER in 4 innings on 6 hits. I want to know what they are holding this kid to pitch count wise. You almost cant even judge him. He might have seen a lineup a 3rd time thru once this year? And probably just a couple hitters at that.

Dr Naysay

Post by Dr Naysay » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:28 am

There is a lot more to look at in a pitching performance than how many er he gave up I like the fact he didn't give up a walk again and struck four out. Yeah it wasn't his best game but this is a hitter friendly league and this guy in his first pro season is putting these numbers up.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:32 pm

Dr Naysay wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:28 am
There is a lot more to look at in a pitching performance than how many er he gave up I like the fact he didn't give up a walk again and struck four out. Yeah it wasn't his best game but this is a hitter friendly league and this guy in his first pro season is putting these numbers up.

They should promote him to AAA so he can be Sheff's personal pitching coach.
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:45 pm

Visalia is about an hour's drive and the Nuts are there..... guess I'll run down the road tomorrow and take a look at Kellenic, Gilbert, Rizzo, and Raleigh

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:39 pm

AT Fresno wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:45 pm
Visalia is about an hour's drive and the Nuts are there..... guess I'll run down the road tomorrow and take a look at Kellenic, Gilbert, Rizzo, and Raleigh
I think tonight is their last game at visalia. They play again next week after the AS break. Should go the day that Gilbert is scheduled to pitch.

https://www.milb.com/modesto/schedule/2019-06/list
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:50 pm

I see Nashville was in town to play the Rainiers and a couple of Mariners draft picks came with them..... both drafted 7-8 years ago.... 1st round "relief pitcher" Josh Fields and catcher Adam Moore. Just think, if the Mariners had held on to these two draft picks... they could be playing today for the ....uh well.... Tacoma Rainiers... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:41 pm

Time flies when your team sucks. Fields was drafted 11 years ago and Moore was drafted 13 years ago
dt

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:12 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:41 pm
Time flies when your team sucks. Fields was drafted 11 years ago and Moore was drafted 13 years ago
Ah, the good ol' days.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:58 am

So Penn Murphee, who is pitching tonight for Modesto, is one guy in need of a promotion. He has a 0.56 ERA but just started being used as a starter and hasn't gone more than 5 innings to really be tested. He is also 25. Understandable as he is in High A as this is his first pro year pitching.

Problem is, I think there are a lot of guys that belong in Arkansas. Sheffield should probably be moved back there to get some confidence back. I don't think I'd promote Dunn or Sanchez yet. Newsome is ready to be moved to Arkansas as well. I don't know if McCaughan is ready for Tacoma yet either, but he's been the best starter for Arkansas so far.

Will be interesting to see what they do with their pitchers and promotions in the coming weeks.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:06 pm

move Sheffield back?...he has been pitching pretty well lately