Re: Former Mariners tracker

Post by D-train » Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:48 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:35 pm
Big_Maple wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:18 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:04 pm
Kelenic is considered a baseball gym rat, a workaholic. I doubt he's uncoachable. The guy lives and breathes baseball. Terms of being a little bitch, I don't know if the Braves would agree but what do they know about winning baseball.
I didn’t say he didn’t have a good work ethic. But being a gym rat doesn’t mean you’re coachable. If you think you’re the smartest and most talented guy in the room, you may be prone to shrugging off advice from coaches.

And I was speculating; not stating a fact. My main point was that there could be a dozen reasons for trading Kelenic. Being a bag of dicks was likely just one of them.
Yeah, I understand it was speculation. Obviously the money played a part. And there is the aspect that it's who the Braves wanted. I do think he fits their situation nicely. I think dipoto probably felt he was doing kelenic a favor. The opportunity at a fresh start.
Do JK favors and treat Seager, a borderline M's HOFer like a POS. Nice.
dt

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:52 am

Kelenic currently has two more homeruns than Julio, which is insane and says more about Julio's season than Kelenic's.
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:06 am

Do you guys think the fans will be mad about Kelenic having a few good seasons down the road?

Or will they just forget about it like they forget about Dipoto giving Pablo Lopez away for the great David Phelps....

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:41 am

They did get a couple of pitching prospects, both going under the knife. Philips could be an interesting player if he gets healthy

Southpaw773

Post by Southpaw773 » Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:52 am

The Mariners are an absolutely abysmal pos offense.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:17 am

Southpaw773 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:52 am
The Mariners are an absolutely abysmal pos offense.
Saw a headline today, didn't read the article, but the headline said that right now this is the worst offense in Franchise History. THAT is saying a lot.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:45 am

bpj wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:06 am
Do you guys think the fans will be mad about Kelenic having a few good seasons down the road?

Or will they just forget about it like they forget about Dipoto giving Pablo Lopez away for the great David Phelps....
If they develop hitters like they have pitchers, it will be an afterthought. Not going to hold my breath on that one though. They have the guys in the minors with 5-6 top 100 type prospects, and a few knocking on the door.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:23 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:45 am
bpj wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:06 am

If they develop hitters like they have pitchers, it will be an afterthought. Not going to hold my breath on that one though. They have the guys in the minors with 5-6 top 100 type prospects, and a few knocking on the door.
They can use free agency and trades to improve corner outfield also.

If Dipoto does his job for once, it shouldn't matter what happens with Kelenic, we don't need him in LF 4 years from now, and Raley adequately filled his hole (figuratively) this season.

As usual, the weakest parts of the team were the players Dipoto spent his available payroll on.

Big_Maple

Post by Big_Maple » Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:35 pm

We aren’t the only ones observing - and lamenting - Kelenic’s success since being traded:

https://www.si.com/mlb/mariners/news/se ... j1mfqb9gxj

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:39 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:41 am
They did get a couple of pitching prospects, both going under the knife. Philips could be an interesting player if he gets healthy
Jerry returns in the Salary dumps with the Braves and D backs:

Kowar: Worst pitcher in baseball. Just had TJ
Philips: Just had second TJ
Seby: -0.4 WAR in about a dozen games now in AAA
Vargas: ERA over 7 and WHIP over 2 AAA last season. Still with Tacoma
dt