Minor League Updates

Dr Naysay

Re: Minor League Updates

Post by Dr Naysay » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:55 pm

White is on a tear at the moment and getting a bit more power too, another guy doing well in AA but struggled in his move up to AAA is Cristmatt, doing very well in AA, strikes out a lot of guys and just 8 walks in 55 innings. All his other numbers look good right now too. Delaplane crusing in AA, three innings of relief yesterday the only stat apart from zeros across the board was 7 strikeouts.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:33 pm

Dr Naysay wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:55 pm
White is on a tear at the moment and getting a bit more power too, another guy doing well in AA but struggled in his move up to AAA is Cristmatt, doing very well in AA, strikes out a lot of guys and just 8 walks in 55 innings. All his other numbers look good right now too. Delaplane crusing in AA, three innings of relief yesterday the only stat apart from zeros across the board was 7 strikeouts.
Crismatt is one guy that probably needs to be tested in AAA. He pitched there last year with his previous organization and struggled.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Dr Naysay

Post by Dr Naysay » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:47 pm

Yeah I agree, I have a feeling that while a lot of people are filling our rotation with the usual suspects in the next 2-3 years someone will surprise us and take a spot.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:00 pm

Dr Naysay wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:47 pm
Yeah I agree, I have a feeling that while a lot of people are filling our rotation with the usual suspects in the next 2-3 years someone will surprise us and take a spot.
Between McCaughan, Sanchez, Crismatt, Murfee, Chandler Newsome or even Moyers you could be right.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:21 am

White with another bomb. OPS approaching .850 and BA approaching .300. Huge positive development.
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:13 am

Meanwhile, Sheffield gives up 8 runs in 1.2 innings tonight as the Rainiers were going for three straight... Might move him down the prospect list..... another gem from the Yankees to go along with Montero..

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:25 am

AT Fresno wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:13 am
Meanwhile, Sheffield gives up 8 runs in 1.2 innings tonight as the Rainiers were going for three straight... Might move him down the prospect list..... another gem from the Yankees to go along with Montero..
Man, at least Montero made it to the big leagues for us. This is looking like an epic bust right now.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:55 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:25 am
AT Fresno wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:13 am
Man, at least Montero made it to the big leagues for us. This is looking like an epic bust right now.
Hey, we got 3 innings out of Sheffield.

It is time to move him down to Arkansas though. Let him work stuff out in a league without a juiced ball, and a pitcher friendly park.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:14 am

Note that while he wasn't great prior to that ill advised cameo he has been horrid after it.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:30 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:14 am
Note that while he wasn't great prior to that ill advised cameo he has been horrid after it.
You can't blame that cameo for his problems. He had control issues before, during and after his stint in Seattle. He also already had made his MLB debut last year, so its not like M's gave him his first taste of MLB, he pitched in a playoff race for the Yankees last year.