Re: Nola traded to the Padres

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:46 am

rockycola wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:41 am
D-train wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:38 am
France has it well in 61 PAs this season:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play ... ty01.shtml
2019 AAA El Paso, he hit .399 .477 .770 1.247 . 27 homers in 76 games.
Jesus!
Deal as it stands, per sources and reports from @Dennistlin, @JeffPassan and @RyanDivish: Taylor Trammell, Luis Torrens, Ty France and Andre Muñoz from Padres to Mariners for Austin Nola, Austin Adams and Dan Altavilla.
dt

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:47 am

Andrés Muñoz is a beast. As a 20 year old he pitched in 22 games in relief for the Padres, 1-1 record, 1 save. 30 K's in 23 innings.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/regi ... noz-000and
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:48 am

Padres got our "A" team.
Austin
Adams
Altavilla

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:49 am

Torrens is our new starting catcher. Hit .300/.873 in AA last season.
dt

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:51 am

Man, am I going to have fun with my Game Thread tomorrow!!!

We're gonna knock the Fuckin' Angels all the way to fucking France :D

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:56 am

MLBTR comments from a few Padre fans:

jbigz12

8 mins ago

Torrens, Munoz and France would’ve been fine.

Trammell. Wow. Hope he isn’t developing very well if I were a Pads fan. He is a high variance prospect. Lewis Brinson/Anthony Alford useless if he can’t hit upper level arms. I’d hope he looks absolutely horrendous in camp if I were a Pads fan. Preller’s making deals like his chair is on fire.

Statcast supports Nola’s performance. I don’t watch much Mariners baseball so I haven’t really been privy to the even bigger breakout this year. That’s a whole hell of a lot to give though. In the year where you thought that returns might be light. This sure as hell wasnt

MikeEmbletonSmellsBad

6 mins ago

I don’t doubt for one second that Trammell is overrated. Still don’t like the trade.

DVail1979

7 mins ago

Guess this means Nola will be playing everyday … if not there was NO point to giving up that much

hiflew

11 mins ago

Maybe Preller just wants to collect all the Austins. Maybe he could convince Austin Kearns to come out of retirement.

Mjm117

7 mins ago

Nice return for Seattle.

14yearoldbaseballfanatic

11 mins ago

What the heck? Jerry Dipoto is singing songs of joy as we speak.

1 •

Bryzzo2016

9 mins ago

If any two GMs could pull off a 7 player deal, especially given the current challenges, it’s these two crazy cats. I bet this deal happens.

JDGoat

9 mins ago

I think I’d rather have the Munoz, France, and Trammell (Torrens seems like a non factor) rather than Nola, Adams, and Altavilla. Very odd deal, don’t know what Preller is thinking with this.

8ManLineupNoPitcherNoDH

8 mins ago

padres are dumb and got fleeced

houkenflouken

8 mins ago

Wow the Padres got fleeced here for sure. Dipoto trades 3 older guys that didn’t factor into the future for 4 useful young guys??

I love you dipoto

bighiggy

8 mins ago

What in the holy hell? Good get by Seattle. Ty France is a beast, and 3 other good pieces for 2 terrible pitchers and 1 good not great catcher? Would have loved for the cards to get in on that action.

soylentwill

7 mins ago

Wrong Austin Adams link.

Tipsy McStagger

3 mins ago

Thanks for pointing that out. The correct Austin Adams looks like a good fit.

CNichols

4 mins ago

What is the point of the Adams/Altavilla aspect of this for the Padres?

Like if they want to give up Trammel to fill a void at C, then I get that aspect of it but it feels like they gave up other pieces with value for scraps in return.

Indiansjoe

4 mins ago

Well if this is the deal for Nola, can’t wait to see what ridiculous is for Clevinger.

14yearoldbaseballfanatic

4 mins ago

Munoz throws gas and even after the TJ, this is selling low. Trammell has lost a bit of his prospect shine but still has serious potential. France has been incredible in the minors and has shown flashes of greatness in the bigs. Torrens hits well and has drastically improved defensively. So many talented players for 2 meh relievers and a decent catcher. (shakes head)

1 •

rpf515

3 mins ago

that is a ton to give up for Nola and 2 relievers

8ManLineupNoPitcherNoDH

2 mins ago

Preller’s phone ringing constantly now that teams know how dumb he is and how easily he can be fleeced LMAO

Rangers29

1 min ago

Well hello.

Is Trammel still considered a top prospect, because he is getting pasted around like a… newspaper

BTW, I think San Diego is giving up way too much in this. Yes you get two pitchers and a catcher, but those are some dang good prospects. IDK if it’s worth it.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:58 am

Great trade for us though.

Solid MLB player where we need one at 3B/2B in France
Lights out reliever in Munoz
MLB catcher where we had none in Torrens
High upside OFer in Trammell.

for

Solid versatile player that was already 30 yo
Trash Reliever in Altavilla
Hurt reliever in Adams

That's a win for JD no matter how you slice it.
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:09 am

Munoz is the real star in this trade.... currently coming off Tommy John. The Padres’ top international signee ($700,000) in 2015, Muñoz hailed from the same Mexico City youth program that produced Luis Urias and Tirso Ornelas. His right arm as a 15-year-old was 88 to 89 the day the Padres stumbled upon him and only ticked up from there as he put on weight via professional weight training and nutrition programs. He first topped 100 mph in 2016, hit 103 mph on the gun at Double-A San Antonio in 2018 and even reached 104 mph in May 2019 at Double-A Amarillo. Yet as impressive as that was, the Padres knew his ultimate ceiling was tied to developing his slider into a put-away pitch. To speed up that process, the required him to throw it in certain counts and a certain a number of times per outing — whether Muñoz wanted to or not. After some initial rough patches, the mandate began to pay off as he reeled off a string of 17 straight scoreless innings (33 Ks) in rising from the Texas League to Triple-A El Paso. Muñoz debuted in the majors after the all-star break, set a Padres Statcast-era record with a 101.9 mph fastball in his first game and became the youngest Padre, at 20 years and 230 days old, to ever record a save. And as heavy as his fastball was, his slider, like the Padres foresaw, was a weapon as it accounted for 18 of his first 30 strikeouts in the majors, where limited opposing hitters to a .188 average in 23 innings (3.91 ERA) in his debut. Opponents hit .033 against Muñoz’s slider and .269 against a fastball that ranked among the best in the majors last year. In fact, his average fastball velocity of 99.9 mph ranked second to Hicks (101.1) among big league pitchers last year.
WHAT’S NEXT
Like Reggie Lawson, Muñoz underwent Tommy John surgery in March, likely knocking him out of action until the middle of the 2021 season. The injury was not all that much of a surprise as the hard-throwing right-hander required a platelet-rich plasma injection for a bothersome forearm early in 2018 and he opted for the elbow reconstruction after complaining of soreness following his first Cactus League appearance. Muñoz had been pegged for a middle relief role in San Diego in 2020 but will be starting from scratch when his rehab begins later this year.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:17 am

Ok. I'm happy. Great trade.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:20 am

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:17 am
Ok. I'm happy. Great trade.
Yep, but won't you miss Altavilla? lol

Trammell: