thank you..

D-train

Re: thank you..

Post by D-train » Thu May 02, 2019 3:19 pm

Dr Naysay wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:47 am
Yayyyyyy thanks for creating the forum I am a happy African camper today!!!
Welcome Doctor! Very happy you found just from the complete opposite end of the earth!
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 02, 2019 3:21 pm

Sibelius wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:38 am
I would hope that you are joking about banning anyone. I get a great deal of amusement from the back and forth between AllLivesMatter and David Gee or between SeattleSportsFan and JAWA. Besides you could reign in their activities if it ever got out of control. Or else just add a Cougar forum and let ALM waste his time with one-man threads that go on for pages. :lol: He almost repeated that feat with his M's game thread at ST today.

By the way, how many of his previous handles do you guys remember? All my failing memory can come up with is....

somethingmarinerfan
easternwasportsfan?
huskycougsomethingfan4life?
.... i think there were some others
I think if he was going to be here he would already be here by now? hardcoremarinerfan was the first I believe.
dt

bhofferb

Post by bhofferb » Thu May 02, 2019 3:31 pm

oldbob wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 5:21 pm
I'm a looong time lurker over there...Got tired of the politics and snark...Never did post...Hope to chip in here once in awhile..B
Despite me being old and Bob, you are "oldbob." Welcome aboard- The world needs more Old Bobs :D

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 02, 2019 3:37 pm

Welcome Oldbob II!
dt

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Fri May 03, 2019 12:41 am

Thanks from me too.
I have no problems with the Seattle Times. They were trying to provide a service to their readers, but didn't the the hassle and expense of dealing with the spammers. I'm sure they will be hitting here, but it is nice and peaceful.
DT, how much control to you have over accounts. Can you limit who starts threads? That is the worst spamming, although posting a hundred links in a post can be pretty annoying.
I have seen some boards where there are levels of permissions, is that possible here?

Anyway - great move, I hope it works out well.