France placed on waivers finally

desbcoach

Re: France placed on waivers finally

Post by desbcoach » Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:15 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:13 am
This doesn't make any sense to me. France certainly isn't having a great season by any stretch of the imagination but he is far from the worst on the team. He is 4th in batting average, 3rd in OBP and 6th in OPS. Locklear didn't do any better when he was up here so why do you want to cut bait and go all in on an unproven rookie who really has never even been a very highly rated prospect?
Except if you want to send a message jobs are on the line , France is the cheapest guy and his performance since June 1 is 0.159 and 1 HR I believe. So message sent

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:22 pm

desbcoach wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:15 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:13 am
This doesn't make any sense to me. France certainly isn't having a great season by any stretch of the imagination but he is far from the worst on the team. He is 4th in batting average, 3rd in OBP and 6th in OPS. Locklear didn't do any better when he was up here so why do you want to cut bait and go all in on an unproven rookie who really has never even been a very highly rated prospect?
Except if you want to send a message jobs are on the line , France is the cheapest guy and his performance since June 1 is 0.159 and 1 HR I believe. So message sent
They are so stupid they probably think they are saving money by cutting him instead of Haniger.....
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:11 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:14 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:36 am
seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:01 am
As much as we bash Ty freakin France....he is out of a job tonight.
He was a Mariner and will wish him the best.
This is a "what have you done for me lately" driven league and Ty was sucking it badly.
Too bad driveline didn't have the magic solution.

Bottomline we are better by subtraction. I say good riddance to Polanco and Mitch Haniger. Why stop there?!?!
Hoping this is a prelimanary move in lieu of a new but experienced MLB bat via trade that can really help the club.
If not, oh well then, play the kids.
He’d be a great pickup by a team that’s out of it. Get him out of the shit show mariners offense, and see what he can do. I think they will try to trade Polonco and Haniger to try to save the money they are owed…
They will need to include top prospects just like with the JK trade...Nobody would waste their time and on those two if not.
And unfortunately that’s what they will probably do. Trade for a bat, and include an extra prospect so they take on Hanigers salary for 2025.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:13 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:11 pm
D-train wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:36 am

He’d be a great pickup by a team that’s out of it. Get him out of the shit show mariners offense, and see what he can do. I think they will try to trade Polonco and Haniger to try to save the money they are owed…
They will need to include top prospects just like with the JK trade...Nobody would waste their time and on those two if not.
And unfortunately that’s what they will probably do. Trade for a bat, and include an extra prospect so they take on Hanigers salary for 2025.
They owe about $20M so it will need to be something like JK.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:41 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:13 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:11 pm
D-train wrote:

They owe about $20M so it will need to be something like JK.
They’ll probably add 10 million or so with it. If it doesn’t work out, they might cut him, but as long as they are paying him, I think they like his club house presence.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:44 pm

That's why I don't think you can call the Robbie Ray trade successful in terms of dumping his salary if they have to now give up more pieces to dump Haniger's salary. They needed haniger to generate some production

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:57 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:44 pm
That's why I don't think you can call the Robbie Ray trade successful in terms of dumping his salary if they have to now give up more pieces to dump Haniger's salary. They needed haniger to generate some production
It was successful to them they traded 70 million owed for about 45 million owed.

roosevelt

Post by roosevelt » Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:57 pm

At least this guy had a BA above the .200 range. This can't be said for some of the teammates. The M's ownership is at best peculiar.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:13 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:57 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
It was successful to them they traded 70 million owed for about 45 million owed.
They averted some risk I guess but tj surgery seems pretty successful these days. For the cost of dumping his salary they could have waited until he was healthy and traded him then. Seems to me they ate the equivalent of his salary up until he would be pitching again and then gave him away

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:18 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:13 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:57 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
They averted some risk I guess but tj surgery seems pretty successful these days. For the cost of dumping his salary they could have waited until he was healthy and traded him then. Seems to me they ate the equivalent of his salary up until he would be pitching again and then gave him away
I’m just looking at it through the eyes of Dipoto and the owner and what they care about.