Robbie Ray rakes Royals with relish... GT

desbcoach

Re: Robbie Ray rakes Royals with relish... GT

Post by desbcoach » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:17 pm

Case_Of_The_Runs wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:24 pm
This may be grist for a separate thread, but how do you all feel about the runner on 2B in extra innings? For some reason I thought this was a vestige of last year that we had done away with, so I was surprised to see the runner at second to start extra innings.

Yeah, I guess it speeds the game up a little, but it's a little less exciting.
Or one could say creates excitement. There I believe 3 instances with bases loaded and no one out, the pitchers had to get out of lam.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:49 pm

Case_Of_The_Runs wrote:
This may be grist for a separate thread, but how do you all feel about the runner on 2B in extra innings? For some reason I thought this was a vestige of last year that we had done away with, so I was surprised to see the runner at second to start extra innings.

I hate it. This isn't softball. Fuck time limits thats what extra innings are all about.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:53 pm

I am not sure if I like it or not but I certainly don't think it makes it less exciting. Baseball is always more interesting when there are guys on base. I enjoy seeing if they can get that first guy to pop out or strike out to give them a chance to wriggle off the hook.

Case_Of_The_Runs

Post by Case_Of_The_Runs » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:21 pm

Does anyone know if this is somehow weighted so that it doesn't unduly impact a reliever's ERA? I am guessing that a runner starting at 2nd isn't charged as an earned run if they come across on a pair of sac flies. If there isn't a weighting scheme, I'd be pissed to be called into duty in extra innings.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:25 pm

Case_Of_The_Runs wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:21 pm
Does anyone know if this is somehow weighted so that it doesn't unduly impact a reliever's ERA? I am guessing that a runner starting at 2nd isn't charged as an earned run if they come across on a pair of sac flies. If there isn't a weighting scheme, I'd be pissed to be called into duty in extra innings.
The run counts as an unearned run so it does not count against their ERA.

bhofferb

Post by bhofferb » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:52 pm

Isn’t the ghost runner thing supposed to go away after this year?

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:23 pm

Case_Of_The_Runs wrote:

I thought it was cheesy when they started using it but I absolutely love it now. Nothing worse than sitting through 4-5 more scoreless inning. And even if a team scores a run you feel like you can at least tie it up. I LOVE it.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:25 pm

bhofferb wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:52 pm
Isn’t the ghost runner thing supposed to go away after this year?
Yep they kept it do to shortened ST. Even for games that start at a reasonable hour here, I don't want to have to keep watching late into the night to see who wins live.
dt

Case_Of_The_Runs

Post by Case_Of_The_Runs » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:41 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:25 pm

Yep they kept it do to shortened ST. Even for games that start at a reasonable hour here, I don't want to have to keep watching late into the night to see who wins live.
Move to the west coast, D-Train.

Better yet, move to Hawaii!

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:55 pm

Case_Of_The_Runs wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:41 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:25 pm

Move to the west coast, D-Train.

Better yet, move to Hawaii!
Will never forget watching live March Madness at 6am in the morning on the Big Island one trip there! Paradise squared! LOL
dt