Former Mariners tracker

Juliooooo

Re: Former Mariners tracker

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:12 pm

bpj wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:32 pm
Kelenic has a .584 OPS his last 7 games including the homerun.

He's always been dependent on the HR. Unfortunately he doesn't hit enough to make up for how bad he is otherwise.
He has a bit more this year though. He’s at.272 with a .772 OPS. Not spectacular, and he’s probably been protected a bit with the platoon. He’s clearly a serviceable outfielder. Another indictment of the FO ability to develop add/or set up hitters for success. I don’t think he’s going to be the star we hoped, but my comment was more about the FO than lamenting losing him.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:19 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:12 pm
bpj wrote:

He's always been dependent on the HR. Unfortunately he doesn't hit enough to make up for how bad he is otherwise.
He has a bit more this year though. He’s at.272 with a .772 OPS. Not spectacular, and he’s probably been protected a bit with the platoon. He’s clearly a serviceable outfielder. Another indictment of the FO ability to develop add/or set up hitters for success. I don’t think he’s going to be the star we hoped, but my comment was more about the FO than lamenting losing him.
He started off hot last season also. I'll never blame the front office for Kelenic.

Well, except that they shouldn't have traded Cano and Diaz for him just so they could pocket the money.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:24 pm

bpj wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:19 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
bpj wrote:

He started off hot last season also. I'll never blame the front office for Kelenic.

Well, except that they shouldn't have traded Cano and Diaz for him just so they could pocket the money.
I was OK with the rebuild. I just wish they would have traded Haniger as well then.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:39 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:24 pm
bpj wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:

I was OK with the rebuild. I just wish they would have traded Haniger as well then.
I was ok with it if they had done what they said they were going to do and reinvest the savings in the team.

Instead they bought a failing cable network and a restaurant next to the stadium.

Just buffoons.

Agreed, Haniger should have been sold off when he had 1 or 2 years left.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:42 pm

bpj wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:39 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
bpj wrote:

I was ok with it if they had done what they said they were going to do and reinvest the savings in the team.

Instead they bought a failing cable network and a restaurant next to the stadium.

Just buffoons.

He was too injured at that point. He had much more value with 3-4 years left, then he busted his nut.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:01 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:42 pm
bpj wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:

Just buffoons.

He was too injured at that point. He had much more value with 3-4 years left, then he busted his nut.
Yeah if they would have sold him after his 2018 6.5 bWAR season with FOUR years of control they would have got a HAUL. Instead they got NOTHING. Idiots!
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:57 am

Mariners have never embraced a full rebuild

bpj

Post by bpj » Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:18 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:42 pm
bpj wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:

Just buffoons.

He had more value with more time, like most players, but they had chances to trade him for good value.

People around here were still pretty enthusiastic about the potential returns-

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4786

Big_Maple

Post by Big_Maple » Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:29 am

Juliooooo wrote:
bpj wrote:

I could be wrong, but I don’t think he’s platooning anymore. He’s their regular, top of the order, full time CF since Acuna went on the IL.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:31 am

Big_Maple wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:29 am
Juliooooo wrote:
bpj wrote:

I could be wrong, but I don’t think he’s platooning anymore. He’s their regular, top of the order, full time CF since Acuna went on the IL.
He was early though, and that accounts for a good portion of his AB. His OPS is .130 points higher vs righties, so not platooning has seemingly hurt his overall numbers.