Inaugrual Marinertalk.com game thread!!

D-train

Re: Inaugrual Marinertalk.com game thread!!

Post by D-train » Thu May 02, 2019 3:43 pm

rockycola wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:42 am
Had a lot to do this afternoon. Had an 18 year old loaner car, no radio, hand crank windows from an automotive place that does collision work (tree limb from the storm fell on my hood) and had them do my front brakes. They forgot the oil change which was written on the Work Order in 3 places, too.

The good news is that they pulled it right back in and did the oil change/filter/etc. for free.
The better news is I was distracted by that and distracted by the hot woman dealing with my paperwork and getting the oil change handled by their team.
The bad news is when I got into my car and tuned in to KIRO 710 the score was 9-zip going into the 7th inning.

I went to Dairy Queen for a Double Fudge Blizzard to console myself.
Yikes, I took the Hummer to Bellevue Cadillac and they provided me with a brand new XT5. I know what you are talking about though. Last August the Hummer was having issues on a camping trip new Shelton and the repair shop gave me like a 20 yo pick up with no AC or much of anything. As fate would have it my nephew made it to the LL state championship in Burlington and I drove that thing up there on about a 5 hour round trip!
dt

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Thu May 02, 2019 3:46 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:43 pm
rockycola wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:42 am
Had a lot to do this afternoon. Had an 18 year old loaner car, no radio, hand crank windows from an automotive place that does collision work (tree limb from the storm fell on my hood) and had them do my front brakes. They forgot the oil change which was written on the Work Order in 3 places, too.

The good news is that they pulled it right back in and did the oil change/filter/etc. for free.
The better news is I was distracted by that and distracted by the hot woman dealing with my paperwork and getting the oil change handled by their team.
The bad news is when I got into my car and tuned in to KIRO 710 the score was 9-zip going into the 7th inning.

I went to Dairy Queen for a Double Fudge Blizzard to console myself.
Yikes, I took the Hummer to Bellevue Cadillac and they provided me with a brand new XT5. I know what you are talking about though. Last August the Hummer was having issues on a camping trip new Shelton and the repair shop gave me like a 20 yo pick up with no AC or much of anything. As fate would have it my nephew made it to the LL state championship in Burlington and I drove that thing up there on about a 5 hour round trip!
:D At least we're not still hiking to State Championships in home-made moccasins!
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:16 pm

Off-day today and the Mariners pick up a half-game on the Astros just like they did on Monday. If we can get another 50 or so off-days this season we might have a chance here.

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Thu May 02, 2019 11:36 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 10:16 pm
Off-day today and the Mariners pick up a half-game on the Astros just like they did on Monday. If we can get another 50 or so off-days this season we might have a chance here.
Good one David! How's about we just quit while we're ahead and see if our winning percentage can get us into the playoffs. It could save a lot of stress and anxiety on this forum... and provide more time to mow our lawns and barbecue our ribs.
DMM

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 03, 2019 12:09 am

Astros LOST!!! If we somehow win tomorrow we are back in 1st place!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: By FAR the strangest start to a season in 43. And that is sayin a LOT!

dt
dt

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Fri May 03, 2019 12:12 am

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:36 pm
DavidGee24 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 10:16 pm
Good one David! How's about we just quit while we're ahead and see if our winning percentage can get us into the playoffs. It could save a lot of stress and anxiety on this forum... and provide more time to mow our lawns and barbecue our ribs.
And pick up giant fallen branches from the winter storms. We've been in our house in Lynnwood for 30 years. I'd swear there's a giant X painted on our roof indicating we're the epicenter of the convergence zone. We have tons of 100 foot cedar and fir trees. This past season we had 20 times the number of giant branches come crashing down.

I was out yesterday with a saw cutting some in half so they'd be just 20 feet long and dragged a bunch; already have a pile, about 1/50th of what is out there. Slowly I'll make progress and then chainsaw some into firewood and rent a huge chipper for the rest.

I'm too old and out of shape for this :evil:

I gave up on a lawn many years ago. Too many trees.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Fri May 03, 2019 12:40 am

Traveling this week asked Siri the score and she said the mariners were trounced by the cubs

So I did a search for trounced and it made perfect sense