Looks like we could have May baseball

Sexymarinersfan

Re: Looks like we could have May baseball

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:04 pm

If you actually believe China's statistics you are very naive. I don't mean to name call, but they are projecting over a 100,000 deaths here in the country. We started too late. It's getting worse down here. I'm not sure what "stats" you're looking at, but I can assure you they aren't what I am seeing first hand with my own eyes.

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:04 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:59 pm
bpj wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:49 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:20 am
This ridiculousness is in my face daily and people are hurting, dying, and very sick! 9 of my colleagues have contracted it protecting people like you. You'd be best to tread carefully.
What area of the country are you in? Are you seeing any benefits treating people with the medicines that Trump suggested?

https://twitter.com/BlondieVex/status/1 ... 53667?s=09
I'm in Ft. Worth Texas at John Peter Smith hospital. The only Lvl 1 hospital in the city. And I can tell you no one has seen anything like this at our hospital in the last 30 years. It's worse than bad. We're exhausted, last pay period I pulled 102 hours. We're rationing out supplies. I have to keep my same mask for a week because we are extremely low. I've been exposed to 3 Covid patients and some how miraculously not gotten infected or worse yet my wife or 2 year old daughter. This is not something you do for just any old virus like the flu.

Do you know what happens to a person after they've been cured of the Covid-19 virus, if you should happen to even catch it in time? Fibrosis of the lung tissue sets in, and you lose you're lung capacity. Let's hope it's not permanent. Sorry for the lecture, just super stressed and have to be back in ER tonight and hope we find a vaccine soon.
What is exhausting you? Is your hospital actually overrun or just preparing to be?

You've had 9 colleagues infected but have seen 3 patients? What gives? How are your colleagues?

You are rationing because you're actually out or told theres a shortage?

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:05 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:07 pm
I am saying the plan as stated, as I understand it, is to play the entire season in Arizona. There is nothing about adjusting that as events change. I think they want to set this thing up and forget about it, get it running and call it a success, not plan on moving everything again during a season
MLB, at the moment, is talking about moving the whole season to Arizona. Yes, that includes 30 teams spending the whole season in one state. Without knowing what other options are under consideration, it makes sense. At least on the surface.
Well that have moved from AZ to the MLB stadiums for 91 years so they probably have it down.
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:06 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:04 pm
If you actually believe China's statistics you are very naive. I don't mean to name call, but they are projecting over a 100,000 deaths here in the country. We started too late. It's getting worse down here. I'm not sure what "stats" you're looking at, but I can assure you they aren't what I am seeing first hand with my own eyes.
3 covid patients, what exactly are you seeing? What's getting worse?

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:07 pm

bpj wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:59 pm
bpj wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:49 pm

What area of the country are you in? Are you seeing any benefits treating people with the medicines that Trump suggested?

https://twitter.com/BlondieVex/status/1 ... 53667?s=09
I'm in Ft. Worth Texas at John Peter Smith hospital. The only Lvl 1 hospital in the city. And I can tell you no one has seen anything like this at our hospital in the last 30 years. It's worse than bad. We're exhausted, last pay period I pulled 102 hours. We're rationing out supplies. I have to keep my same mask for a week because we are extremely low. I've been exposed to 3 Covid patients and some how miraculously not gotten infected or worse yet my wife or 2 year old daughter. This is not something you do for just any old virus like the flu.

Do you know what happens to a person after they've been cured of the Covid-19 virus, if you should happen to even catch it in time? Fibrosis of the lung tissue sets in, and you lose you're lung capacity. Let's hope it's not permanent. Sorry for the lecture, just super stressed and have to be back in ER tonight and hope we find a vaccine soon.
What is exhausting you? Is your hospital actually overrun or just preparing to be?

You've had 9 colleagues infected but have seen 3 patients? What gives? How are your colleagues?

You are rationing because you're actually out or told theres a shortage?
I've seen more than 50 cases, but have been exposed bare naked to 3. That's just me on my own. When I say exposed I mean out in the open, no protection, no mask, no warning signs, nothing.

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:07 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Even the federal government isn't saying 100k deaths anymore.

They revised their own model down to 60k, which still seems like it will be at least 2x higher than actual numbers.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:11 pm

My hospital's quarantine protocol is on LOCKDOWN. It has changed daily for 3 weeks straight. The numbers have not gone, but only up. We do not treat any elective cases but Covid and the most serious "life-threatening" patients. We started just just 4 Covid rooms just 2 weeks ago. Now it's over half of our entire ER and the entire 4th floor of our Pavilllion tower.

We have to be screened daily and walk around in suits just like in the movie Outbreak, although they are white, not yellow. There is a hotline you can call daily that changes at every 10 am the next day to give you the exact numbers.

817-927-1222
Last edited by Sexymarinersfan on Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:12 pm

bpj wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:07 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Even the federal government isn't saying 100k deaths anymore.

They revised their own model down to 60k, which still seems like it will be at least 2x higher than actual numbers.
Its constantly changing yes. And that's better, if we can keep that number as low as possible.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:18 pm

38 year old female. 1 week apart. She is intubated and has about a 20% of living. This was my latest patient.

I love my Mariner baseball more than just about anything, but I do not wish this virus on anyone, much less any of us. It's hard staring at all these people daily who are suffering praying they you don't wind up getting infected and then have to not only be quarantined off from you're job, but youre own family. Its shitty man, it's just shitty.
Attachments
received_1059909764393004.jpeg
received_567218973887429.jpeg
Last edited by Sexymarinersfan on Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:25 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:11 pm
My hospital's quarantine protocol is on LOCKDOWN. It has changed daily for 3 weeks straight. The numbers have not gone, but only up. We do not treat any elective cases but Covid and the most serious "life-threatening" patients. We started just just 4 Covid rooms just 2 weeks ago. Now it's over half of our entire ER and the entire 4th floor of our Pavilllion tower.

We have to be screened daily and walk around in suits just like in the movie Outbreak, although they are white, not yellow. There is a hotline you can call daily that changes at every 10 am the next day to give you the exact numbers.

817-927-1222
Are you seeing any benefits for your patients using the Trump Cocktail?