Re: Minor League Updates

Post by Hanjag » Mon May 06, 2019 6:34 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 12:23 am
rockycola wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 12:04 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 10:03 pm
Can't believe they tried to option Curletta. Option one of the crappy relievers like Altavilla
He's been in AA with Arkansas Travelers for the last week or so.
Isn't he still on the 40 man roster though?
I am tempted to say I now have zero respect for you Altavilla had the exact same scouting report as Diaz. Not to mention his performance.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon May 06, 2019 2:40 pm

I have seen Altavilla in the majors 3-4 times already and he was being destroyed in AAA the last 2 seasons. It's quite clear that he is not Diaz. If you can't see that, then I have no respect for you. Mariners have added 3-4 hard throwing relievers that couldn't get the job done for their previous organization the last 2 months. Seems those are pretty easy to come by.

Unless you like the near 10 ERA he has had in Tacoma the last 2 akala. He had decent numbers in MLB last year, but that was primarily really low leverage situations. He did not do well when the game was on the line.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue May 07, 2019 4:27 am

AAA Tacoma still going late. Sheffield with a decent start. 5 ip. 1 ER 5 K. Did have 3 walks and 4 hits. Needs to cut down the walks.

Crawford with a heck of a game. 4-5 with a HR, his 3rd of the year. Average up to .321 with OBP around .425.

Long 2-5 with a triple. Mallex Smith 2-5 as well.

Good to see Crawford continue to hit.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Tue May 07, 2019 5:54 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:27 am
AAA Tacoma still going late. Sheffield with a decent start. 5 ip. 1 ER 5 K. Did have 3 walks and 4 hits. Needs to cut down the walks.

Crawford with a heck of a game. 4-5 with a HR, his 3rd of the year. Average up to .321 with OBP around .425.

I was just going to cover that. Good job, Juliooooo! Rainiers won 12-8
Also, Ian Miller was 3-5 with a double, an rbi, 3 runs scored and he pilfered 2 bases along the way.
Both Leyer and Alaniz sucked while trying to give the game back to the Isotopes in relief. They gave up 7 runs in the last 2 1/3 innings. I've liked Robinson Leyer a bit this year but 'm ready to jettison Alaniz.

Now, whatever you and I have said here is:
..... is not sufficient. I like tracking each level. Tracking each player is too much. One thread is too much of a waste of time. I don't like reading pages and pages of crap to catch 1 little bit of relevant info. To me just have relevant top 5 or top 10 important guys at each level tracked and updated.
hanjag was a bit harsh and condescending there I thought but having a thread for each level is a good idea so I just may post on his AAA and AA threads and create an A+ and A- thread here soon. Don't want it to be too much crap of irrelevance for anyone for sure, at least not pages and pages of it.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

Dr Naysay

Post by Dr Naysay » Tue May 07, 2019 6:38 am

Personally dead against a thread for each level when I can open this thread and see the condensed discussion of how the prospects are performing rather than have to visit 3 or 4 different threads, but each to their own.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue May 07, 2019 4:08 pm

Dr Naysay wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 6:38 am
Personally dead against a thread for each level when I can open this thread and see the condensed discussion of how the prospects are performing rather than have to visit 3 or 4 different threads, but each to their own.
I agree. I'd rather open 1 thread and read 4-5 posts a day than open 4-5 threads to read 1-2 posts in each. You will only read pages on pages if you visit the forum once a week or less. I'd vote to keep it to 1 thread.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue May 07, 2019 4:13 pm

rockycola wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:54 am
I was just going to cover that. Good job, Juliooooo! Rainiers won 12-8
Also, Ian Miller was 3-5 with a double, an rbi, 3 runs scored and he pilfered 2 bases along the way.
Both Leyer and Alaniz sucked while trying to give the game back to the Isotopes in relief. They gave up 7 runs in the last 2 1/3 innings. I've liked Robinson Leyer a bit this year but 'm ready to jettison Alaniz.
Can't believe they optioned Curletta over Alaniz, or some of the other crappy relievers. Dipoto is collecting crappy hard throwing righties only to lose promising players like Curletta. 40 man roster has 24 pitchers on it to 16 position players.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 07, 2019 4:28 pm

Juliooooo wrote:

Looking forward to seeing Crawford replace Beckham within a couple months.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue May 07, 2019 5:20 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:28 pm
Juliooooo wrote:

Looking forward to seeing Crawford replace Beckham within a couple months.
Maybe they can move beckham to 2B and trade Dee. Or they trade Beckham. Maybe trade both and bring up the long shed with Crawford.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 07, 2019 5:21 pm

Or just make Beckham the UT and send Moore down. Always need a slick fielder at UT. lol
dt