Why can't the Mariners sign a free agent hitter?

D-train

Re: Why can't the Mariners sign a free agent hitter?

Post by D-train » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:44 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:04 pm
It's interesting to me how pitcher oriented things seem to be, not that I strongly disagree. But on the other hand, the team they roll out sure looks to be lacking defense. That seems like a conflict to me, how it impacts the pitching. Dipolo won't sign schwarber but will trade for Winker?
Yeah, I was going to say, the Hawks do goofy shit too but when you are successful you can get away with it. This is JDs SEVENTH season and still hasn't even made the playoffs, yet he gets extended AND promoted, for what exactly? Coming up with "novel" ways to do things that don't result in making the playoffs???? No, because he has saved them hundreds of millions by trading Cano and other and coming up with trades instead of just paying FAs.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:50 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:44 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
It's interesting to me how pitcher oriented things seem to be, not that I strongly disagree. But on the other hand, the team they roll out sure looks to be lacking defense. That seems like a conflict to me, how it impacts the pitching. Dipolo won't sign schwarber but will trade for Winker?
Yeah, I was going to say, the Hawks do goofy shit too but when you are successful you can get away with it. This is JDs SEVENTH season and still hasn't even made the playoffs, yet he gets extended AND promoted, for what exactly? Coming up with "novel" ways to do things that don't result in making the playoffs???? No, because he has saved them hundreds of millions by trading Cano and other and coming up with trades instead of just paying FAs.
Hawks were held together by Russell Wilson. Schneider and Carroll are going to get exposed this year, and I'd be surprised if either had their job in 2025.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:53 pm

Check this out, JK is actually worse than Winker and Schwarber in UZR/150. Ignore the rows with Small sample sizes and only focus on the ones with 600-800 innings.
defense.JPG
defense.JPG (44.73 KiB) Viewed 608 times
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:55 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:50 pm
D-train wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:
Hawks were held together by Russell Wilson. Schneider and Carroll are going to get exposed this year, and I'd be surprised if either had their job in 2025.
Yeah that is the prevailing sentiment on the Hawks forum as well. So you don't think Lock will lead us to a SB? JS and PC seem REALLY like him. lol
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:03 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:55 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
D-train wrote:

Yeah that is the prevailing sentiment on the Hawks forum as well. So you don't think Lock will lead us to a SB? JS and PC seem REALLY like him. lol
I've thought that for years.

I think Lock is good enough to be a starting NFL QB. I don't think I'd trade for Baker Mayfield over him. He's no a top 8 QB, but I think he has a chance to be top 15.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:10 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:03 pm
D-train wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:

I think Lock is good enough to be a starting NFL QB. I don't think I'd trade for Baker Mayfield over him. He's no a top 8 QB, but I think he has a chance to be top 15.
Wow, interesting. Thanks. And some of the idiots on Twitter want Colin Kaepernick to come in to try to beat him out. :roll:
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:14 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:10 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:03 pm
D-train wrote:

Wow, interesting. Thanks. And some of the idiots on Twitter want Colin Kaepernick to come in to try to beat him out. :roll:
I'm in the minority though. Most people hated Lock. He tries to do too much at times, and that made his stats pretty bad in his second year. He needs to develop, but he can make some pretty great throws at times.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:33 pm

D-train wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:
But my point is what you çall goofy for dipoto I'm calling conservative. Hawks trading for Adams and dipotos 6 man rotation are opposites to me

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:36 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:53 pm
Check this out, JK is actually worse than Winker and Schwarber in UZR/150. Ignore the rows with Small sample sizes and only focus on the ones with 600-800 innings.

defense.JPG
Yeah, thought it interesting schoenfield pointing out the scariness of winker and jk playing next to each other in an outfield, dipoto had to have considered that.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:37 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:33 pm
D-train wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:
But my point is what you çall goofy for dipoto I'm calling conservative. Hawks trading for Adams and dipotos 6 man rotation are opposites to me
What's the best move the Seahawks have made the last 5 years, other than getting lucky that Metcalf dropped to the end of the second round (they passed on him twice before drafting him). I'll take Dipoto over Schneider personally. Schneider is fired 3 years ago if not for Russell Wilson.