Wow Servais with an Epic quote. Something is up.

Donn Beach

Re: Wow Servais with an Epic quote. Something is up.

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:24 pm

As opposed to who, the Donald?
Asked in particular about a 2017 statement regarding the value of Trump’s penthouse apartment in Trump Tower in Manhattan, Trump said it “probably” came at his direction.

“Probably, I said I thought it was too high,” Trump said. “I don’t know what’s too high anymore, because I’m seeing things sold at numbers that are very high.”

In earlier financial statements, Trump falsely claimed the apartment was more than 30,000 square feet, a significant exaggeration that had to be walked back after a Forbes magazine investigation found the property was actually less than 11,000 square feet.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:28 pm

Lucky for you, looks like you will have another 5 years to obsess about Trump. LOL
Tuesday, December 5
Race/Topic (Click to Sort) Poll Results Spread
General Election: Trump vs. Biden The Messenger/HarrisX Trump 53, Biden 47 Trump +6
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:31 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:28 pm
So there is about $20M in payroll to add and they are unlikely to trade a SP. How are they going to add more than one bat??????????????????????????????
This brings up a trade they did last year. The trade is worse because of their handcuffed salary restrictions. Having 22 million more, and a good young bat sure would help. Hard to blame Jerry though. He’s handcuffed, and probably didn’t realize at that time the belt would be tightened even more.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:36 pm

Jerry flushed $33M for negative WAR this past off season. Hopefully he can find a way to eek out some positive WAR with the ~$20-25M he has this off season...
dt

Mesully11

Post by Mesully11 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:39 pm

I am not full of optimism but I have reached my bull shit capacity.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:42 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:28 pm
Lucky for you, looks like you will have another 5 years to obsess about Trump. LOL
Tuesday, December 5
General Election: Trump vs. Biden The Messenger/HarrisX Trump 53, Biden 47 Trump +6
Not obsessed in the least, the guys Teflon with his groupies that's all. I know what it's like to be a land developer, you lie, inflate your assets when you want a loan and reduce them when it's tax time..

I'll tell you a story...I went in for a loan to build an apartment house. It was going to need to be 100% financed. I sat at a table with my banker, he went through my numbers. He concluded I'd need like $30,000 in deposit to qualify or something. Swear to God, this was the only time in my life I thought on my feet. I took the paperwork from him, told him it was actually old numbers. Sat there in front of him and changed them, crossed them out, reduced my construction costs and raised the value of my assets. He ran it again and gave me 100% financing, that's land development

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:51 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:42 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:28 pm
Tuesday, December 5
Not obsessed in the least, the guys Teflon with his groupies that's all. I know what it's like to be a land developer, you lie, inflate your assets when you want a loan and reduce them when it's tax time..

I'll tell you a story...I went in for a loan to build an apartment house. It was going to need to be 100% financed. I sat at a table with my banker, he went through my numbers. He concluded I'd need like $30,000 in deposit to qualify or something. Swear to God, this was the only time in my life I thought on my feet. I took the paperwork from him, told him it was actually old numbers. Sat there in front of him and changed them, crossed them out, reduced my construction costs and raised the value of my assets. He ran it again and gave me 100% financing, that's land development
Exactly, which is why all the faux outrage from the left shows their hypocrisy.

Trump doesn't have groupies, he just has people that have supported him through one hoax after another. All turned out to be false, but because their support didn't waver, you dopes call them groupies.

Groupies support someone in spite of the evidence.

Trump had support because of the evidence.

It was all the people falling for the fake news one after another that were the groupies (TDS).

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:27 pm

I guess we can trade prospects for a bat but most of the bats that have been brought up aren't on rebuilding teams.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:34 pm

It's just interesting to speculate in regards to Dipoto's comments that they have already done it, that is traded a starter. They could put together a package of other pitchers perhaps, but you're not trading for a premium hitter

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:37 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:34 pm
It's just interesting to speculate in regards to Dipoto's comments that they have already done it, that is traded a starter. They could put together a package of other pitchers perhaps, but you're not trading for a premium hitter
He did say less likely. Might be a way to get the Rays to reduce demands from Gilbert to Woo/Miller + Prospects.

Hey this off season isn't ideal but is FAR from boring. At least fans aren't apathetic.....yet.
dt