Re: France placed on waivers finally

Post by D-train » Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:54 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:41 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:13 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:11 pm

And unfortunately that’s what they will probably do. Trade for a bat, and include an extra prospect so they take on Hanigers salary for 2025.
They owe about $20M so it will need to be something like JK.
They’ll probably add 10 million or so with it. If it doesn’t work out, they might cut him, but as long as they are paying him, I think they like his club house presence.
Clubhouse presence of a guy who is a Thanksgiving Turkey that was left in the oven until Christmas Eve can't be worth shit especially given nobody but Robles can hit.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:01 pm

“Mitch Haniger, that really fills a void, both as a right-hand-hitting outfielder in our mix, which was really light, frankly -- we had Julio [Rodríguez] and a number of lesser-proven left-hand hitters, and we needed a right-hand bat,” Dipoto said. “As significant with Mitch, it also fills a void that we created in clubhouse leadership and guys that have been through it before.”
It really doesn't make sense to take on haniger's contract and get nothing out of it. They gave Ray away by paying down half his salary. You can say all they cared about was dumping Ray's salary, but let's grade the trade. I think dipoto expected to get some value back with haniger for the investment they made in him

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:10 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:01 pm
“Mitch Haniger, that really fills a void, both as a right-hand-hitting outfielder in our mix, which was really light, frankly -- we had Julio [Rodríguez] and a number of lesser-proven left-hand hitters, and we needed a right-hand bat,” Dipoto said. “As significant with Mitch, it also fills a void that we created in clubhouse leadership and guys that have been through it before.”
It really doesn't make sense to take on haniger's contract and get nothing out of it. They gave Ray away by paying down half his salary. You can say all they cared about was dumping Ray's salary, but let's grade the trade. I think dipoto expected to get some value back with haniger.
And he hadn't been good since 2021. Just Moronic and will get worse when RR starts vs. the Dodgers Wednesday.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:33 pm

He put up 1,3 war in 2022. That's all they really needed, 3 war over the two years, they didn't need 6 war. Figure if he's healthy he could put up 1,5 war.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:49 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:54 pm

Clubhouse presence of a guy who is a Thanksgiving Turkey that was left in the oven until Christmas Eve can't be worth shit especially given nobody but Robles can hit.
I’m not the one making decisions, I just have seen how the management has operated and making predictions based off that.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:51 pm

Moneyball rankings, teams ranked by roster value. Mariners ranked fifth. This is last season, this tells me even with the bad contracts there are a lot of teams with underperforming contracts

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/100 ... 023-roster

mostonmike

Post by mostonmike » Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:46 pm

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:01 am
As much as we bash Ty freakin France....he is out of a job tonight.
He was a Mariner and will wish him the best.
I tend to agree with this sentiment.

I wouldn't mark him as the biggest problem in this impotent line-up and though he may deserve to be on his way, I would say there are others stinking out the place who are more worthy of being essentially binned first.

Good luck France, which as you know isn't easy for me to type.

Lamda

Post by Lamda » Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:55 pm

He needed to go and everyone knew it. People said they wanted this FO to start showing accountability for players - well this is it. He won't be the last if some others don't start hitting.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:56 pm

mostonmike wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:46 pm

I wouldn't mark him as the biggest problem in this impotent line-up and though he may deserve to be on his way, I would say there are others stinking out the place who are more worthy of being essentially binned first.

With Julio on the mend. Ty has the bestBA against the Angels on the team. Obviously we need some changes. But expect Ty to play tonight

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:26 pm

mostonmike wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:46 pm

:lol:
dt