Virus Schmirus

D-train

Re: Virus Schmirus

Post by D-train » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:38 pm

Ha! I see you referenced car crashes as well.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:53 pm

Ben,

So is the cause of death typically just lack of O2 resulting in the patient going into a coma and then dying?
dt

godawgs28

Post by godawgs28 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:02 pm

God Bless Texas

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/healt ... c62ffcb39b

Somebody had to go first. Heard Florida and Indiana may be close behind.

Hopefully this starts a snowball of common sense and puts pressure on some of the ultra liberal wimpy Governors who are trying to extend stay at home measures to 2023

Petert

Post by Petert » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:12 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:15 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:08 am
bpj wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:10 pm

Yes that is very interesting. Have to wonder how many deaths were happening anyways that were classified as covid.
you were at 500,000 total cases on May 1 and i commented it seemed low to me
Yep we shall see. Good news for me is I have Vodka. Hit me up and I will ship some to you.
I just finished Batch #1 of my Fir-infused vodka, with a couple more on the way. Despite the fact that it looks like a urine sample, it actually is quite good, and makes a superb ‘Firball’.
Attachments
1160565E-440A-45A8-862C-A4DFF3442D65.jpeg

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:11 am

A couple of thoughts as the U.S. now has over 500K cases.

In Iceland, they have tested 10% of the population, and found that half of the positive results were for people that were asymptomatic. Extending that to the U.S. implies 1,000,000 cases.

Note that this is still less than 1% of the population, so there is plenty of fuel for the fire left.

I am all in favor of reopening business, but I do not think that we have enough testing capability to do this and not create a expansion of Corona cases. If there is an antibody test showing that people have resistance to the virus, or the people going back to work are tested and clear, then it can work. Without that data, we'd be flying blind, and I predict problems will ensue.

I am guessing that once you relax the rules, that making them strict again will be tougher than it was to impose them the first time. That is my reading of human nature.

BTW - I have gotten a bit of stimulus money living here in Canada, a rebate of some taxes. Fortunately, I do not need much assistance, others are getting more, but it is good to know that the money is getting out.
Last edited by Oso Dorado on Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:15 am

great points ron. Thanks for everything. You are a good man sir.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:17 am

Watching mark cuban. Another good guy. I love you my brothers.
dt

godawgs28

Post by godawgs28 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:34 am

Oso Dorado wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:11 am
A couple of thoughts as the U.S. now has over 500K cases.

In Iceland, they have tested 10% of the population, and found that half of the positive results were for people that were asymptomatic. Extending that to the U.S. implies 1,000,000 cases.

Note that this is still less than 1% of the population, so there is plenty of fuel for the fire left.

I am all in favor of reopening business, but I do not think that we have enough testing capability to do this and not create a expansion of Corona cases. If there is an antibody test showing that people have resistance to the virus, or the people going back to work are tested and clear, then it can work. Without that data, we'd be flying blind, and I predict problems will ensue.

I am guessing that once you relax the rules, that making them strict again will be tougher than it was to impose them the first time. That is my reading of human nature.

BTW - I have gotten a bit of stimulus money living here in Canada, a rebate of some taxes. Fortunately, I do not need much assistance, other a getting more, but it is good to know that the money is getting out.

On the flip side, if that's true, then the morbidity rate for this virus plummets even further and lockdowns become even more silly than they already are.

You are right that we are flying a bit blind, but more and more experts (not dr doom fauci) are becoming convinced that as you said, this thing is probably much more prevalent than we realize, and has probably been around for months.

Likely that many of us are already immune. Time to accept the risk (just like we do for 1000's of other things) and get back to life.

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:36 am

D-train wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:15 am
great points ron. Thanks for everything. You are a good man sir.
I try.
I like Cuban too. Don't always agree, but he's a guy that cares about stuff.

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:12 am

It's almost like going to a speakeasy. There's a course near me (a good one) that's secretly open... all on the hush hush. You just show up and play, for free. I told Olivia of the pro shop on the phone that I wanted to pay something but she wouldn't let me. So I'll go back at some point and buy some gear, and thank them. So I played there yesterday after 3 weeks and 4 days of no golf. Sunny, almost 70 degrees, perfect!
DMM