Virus Schmirus

Coeurd’Alene J

Re: Virus Schmirus

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:44 am

We had better open this economy now. Start with restaurants, leave room inside for distancing, open golf courses, boat ramps,open fishing, open hobby lobby’s, open clothing stores, if you can go to a liquor store, you can go to Macy’s. Open hair salons, barber shops, basically open back up. This pandemic was and is overblown. Leaving our great country on lockdown will do far more damage than the pandemic ever will. Milk producers and egg producers are throwing away goods intended for restaurants, We either open them now or there won’t be a restaurant to go to soon. Basically the WHO and China lied to us. By withholding all the critical information and killing any whistleblowers, we have nothing to go by....What we are finding out is that yes it’s a killer virus, but not any worse than what we had in years past. Practice social distancing and get this country going again. If New York and Others refuse, than let them stay locked down. What doesn’t make sense is keeping the lid on rural America

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:56 am

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:44 am
We had better open this economy now. Start with restaurants, leave room inside for distancing, open golf courses, boat ramps,open fishing, open hobby lobby’s, open clothing stores, if you can go to a liquor store, you can go to Macy’s. Open hair salons, barber shops, basically open back up. This pandemic was and is overblown. Leaving our great country on lockdown will do far more damage than the pandemic ever will. Milk producers and egg producers are throwing away goods intended for restaurants, We either open them now or there won’t be a restaurant to go to soon. Basically the WHO and China lied to us. By withholding all the critical information and killing any whistleblowers, we have nothing to go by....What we are finding out is that yes it’s a killer virus, but not any worse than what we had in years past. Practice social distancing and get this country going again. If New York and Others refuse, than let them stay locked down. What doesn’t make sense is keeping the lid on rural America
Good, then you can take over my shifts inside the Covid rooms with the infected patients that are dying cause I need a fucking break.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:17 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:56 am
[quote="Coeurd’Alene J" post_id=43231 time=<a href="tel:1586778247">1586778247</a> user_id=57]
Good, then you can take over my shifts inside the Covid rooms with the infected patients that are dying cause I need a fucking break.
[/quote]

How many have died over the weekend in your hospital?
How many had underlying health issues and were going to die from these other conditions?
Your demeanor isn’t familiar to me....ie an emergency room physician usually isn’t as flippant.......I’ve known and continue to know dozens of physicians. My past profession had me in direct communication with just about every physician in town and I gotta say, very few have a sense of humor that makes sense to the average person. So you don’t think this is overblown?

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:38 pm

A study released this week in Germany last week found the mortality rate of the coronavirus factoring in the asymptomatic cases is much lower than is being reported.

The German study found that around 15% of the population in the Gangelt had the coronavirus antibodies and were infected at some point without knowing it. Using this data the researchers concluded that the coronavirus mortality rate was 0.37%.
A second study in Iceland found that half of those tested had had the coronavirus and that only 7 in 1600 known COVID-19 cases ended in death.
This is good news.
It shows the coronavirus is only slightly more deadly than a seasonal flu.

[WHO leader, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, stoked fear across the planet when he claimed the COVID-19 had a 3.4% mortality rate and then compared that to the annual estimated flu mortality rate of 0.1%./quote]

That lying Idiot was off by a factor of 10

As a business man you constantly assess the business climate to gain knowledge and effectively make course corrections on a daily basis, The same can be and should be done with this pandemic...We had faulty information from the start, we were lied to. The national model used by this country came from U of Washington and it was completely flawed.......

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:44 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:17 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
[quote="Coeurd’Alene J" post_id=43231 time=<a href="tel:1586778247">1586778247</a> user_id=57]
How many had underlying health issues and were going to die from these other conditions?
Your demeanor isn’t familiar to me....ie an emergency room physician usually isn’t as flippant.......I’ve known and continue to know dozens of physicians. My past profession had me in direct communication with just about every physician in town and I gotta say, very few have a sense of humor that makes sense to the average person. So you don’t think this is overblown?
[/quote]

This is the worst it's been in 30 years at my hospital. 11 of my coworkers have been infected with Covid including 2 of them that are close. I'm done with this shit. They don't pay me enough. The public needs to Social Distance as long as possible because US healthcare workers can't keep going like this. And that's straight from the horses mouth. I don't know about the physicians you talk to but here in Texas at JPS I see the worst of the worst every night. No it is not time to unlock the doors yet unless someone wants to come and take over for me or we have a vaccine. We all just need to suck it up. I'm waiting for the numbers to start dwindling. Not the projections, but the ACTUAL infected.

It's just one ER's RT's opinion. So take it for what its worth.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:51 pm

You suggest 11 coworkers are infected and I assume none have died just sick and getting better I presume. Any using hydroxiq as a profilactic?
also what does hydroxiq do for flu and pneumonia?
Could this be why some continue to get worse with the use of the drug

We leave this country on lock down past May and we will have a FAR worse problem on our hands than the wuhuflu

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:24 pm

First of all, that's you're opinion about it getting worse.

And yes we addressed the fact that we are treating some Covid patients with "Hydroxychloronique+Azithromyicin+Zinc." It has shown to be successful on the mediocre cases. It's the same thing we use to treat cases for Malaria. It helps keeps the virus from bonding. The more severe cases where the patients lungs are just crap has shown little to no effect. So yes, there is some positive there, but it's mostly for comfort until we come up with a vaccine.

The stress comes and goes in waves, and we try to manage it the best we can. However, moral amongst coworkers is straining, and that's also something I, we all have had to deal with. Finding time to vent and yet maintain composure while offering the best care we can.

Thank you's, kind words of encouragement, moral support to our healthcare workers cannot be overstated. It goes a long way in our field.

godawgs28

Post by godawgs28 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:57 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:44 pm
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
This is the worst it's been in 30 years at my hospital. 11 of my coworkers have been infected with Covid including 2 of them that are close. I'm done with this shit. They don't pay me enough. The public needs to Social Distance as long as possible because US healthcare workers can't keep going like this. And that's straight from the horses mouth. I don't know about the physicians you talk to but here in Texas at JPS I see the worst of the worst every night. No it is not time to unlock the doors yet unless someone wants to come and take over for me or we have a vaccine. We all just need to suck it up. I'm waiting for the numbers to start dwindling. Not the projections, but the ACTUAL infected.

[/quote]

Your situation is so bizzare.

Most hospitals across the country, save for a few hotspots (sounds like yours I guess) are empty and laying off staff. There just arent any patients to be seen. I wonder why your hospital is such an outlier?

And the actual infected are dwindling, not just the projections btw.

And while we all sympathize with guys like you laying it on the line everyday, I really do appreciate it..... I'm sorry no, we cannot keep locked up for 18 months for a vaccine. Thats absurd. The world around us is crumbling as it is, and its not from the virus....

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:59 pm

Sad news. Former hawk Tarvaris Jackson died in a car crash last night. Hopefully he isn't tested for the virus.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:19 pm

godawgs28 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:57 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:44 pm
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:

Your situation is so bizzare.

Most hospitals across the country, save for a few hotspots (sounds like yours I guess) are empty and laying off staff. There just arent any patients to be seen. I wonder why your hospital is such an outlier?

And the actual infected are dwindling, not just the projections btw.

And while we all sympathize with guys like you laying it on the line everyday, I really do appreciate it..... I'm sorry no, we cannot keep locked up for 18 months for a vaccine. Thats absurd. The world around us is crumbling as it is, and its not from the virus....
[/quote]

I've been listening to the news today to find out why people think it's ok to go back to work and yes, I think its hitting different area's of the country harder. So that has to be taken into consideration. My hospital is a LVL 1 trauma, the most severe cases come here along with the President if he were ever in town, so that might be why we're seeing higher numbers.

Plus I work in ER and have been buried in work. So I haven't really had time to watch the news, or really even want too for that matter. I should take in others perspectives as well, just been overwhelmed and stressed where I am at. I don't mean to bark at anyone in particular. I miss baseball. 😢