D-train

Re: Minor League Updates

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:46 pm

Hanjag wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:08 am
rockycola wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:55 am
Uncle Ray must be very proud....who the F*** is Uncle Ray :?: :?: :?:

Anyway, I stuck by my man while many said he would never hit, never have power and would never make it .299 \ .358 / .484 \ .842. He's on his way......which means White or Vogey will eventually be on Dipoto's trade block.

White was supposed to be a pretty good OFer but hasn't played an inning yet in the M's org.
By Arkansas Travelers | July 3, 2019 8:16 AM

Arkansas Travelers first baseman Evan White was selected as the Uncle Ray's Texas League Player of the Month for June. White played in 22 games during the month posting a slash line of .371/.396/.691 with three doubles, two triples, eight homers and 19 runs batted in. Included in the month was the majority of a 23 game hitting streak, the longest in the TL this season. He paced the league in homers, runs scored (22) and slugging percentage during June. White is the second consecutive Traveler to win the league's player of the month award after Jake Fraley was honored in May.

The former Kentucky Wildcat has been raking in the honors lately. White was voted the starting first baseman for the North Division in the Texas League All-Star game last month,going 2-4 with a double and an RBI. White was also chosen by Major League Baseball to participate in the Sirius XM All-Star Futures Game scheduled for this Sunday night, July 7, in Cleveland. Overall this season in 55 games, he is hitting .299/.358/.484 with 10 homers and 28 RBIs. He ranks sixth in the league in batting average and slugging percentage. The winner of a 2018 Rawlings Minor League Gold Glove Award, White was drafted by the Mariners in the first round, 17th overall, in 2017.

White and the Travs wrap up a road trip tonight at Northwest Arkansas before returning to Dickey-Stephens Park for a 5:30 game on Independence Day. The Travs were the first half North Division champions and will host the opening two playoff games at Dickey-Stephens Park on September 4 and 5. Tickets for home playoff games are now on sale through the Travs box office. For all the latest information or to purchase tickets to any Travs games, log on to travs.com.

This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.
https://www.milb.com/arkansas/news/evan ... -308718622
I don't know why you would need to put one of them on the trade block because they could both be 1B/DH obviously White would need to see more of the field.
Yeah, Vogey isn't even playing 1B full time now.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:11 pm

3 hit game for Marte, BA over .300. OPS over .800.

Raleigh hitting .361 in his past 10 games. 5 bombs.
dt

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:12 pm

Hanjag wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:08 am
rockycola wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:55 am
Uncle Ray must be very proud....who the F*** is Uncle Ray :?: :?: :?:

Anyway, I stuck by my man while many said he would never hit, never have power and would never make it .299 \ .358 / .484 \ .842. He's on his way......which means White or Vogey will eventually be on Dipoto's trade block.

White was supposed to be a pretty good OFer but hasn't played an inning yet in the M's org.
By Arkansas Travelers | July 3, 2019 8:16 AM

Arkansas Travelers first baseman Evan White was selected as the Uncle Ray's Texas League Player of the Month for June. White played in 22 games during the month posting a slash line of .371/.396/.691 with three doubles, two triples, eight homers and 19 runs batted in. Included in the month was the majority of a 23 game hitting streak, the longest in the TL this season. He paced the league in homers, runs scored (22) and slugging percentage during June. White is the second consecutive Traveler to win the league's player of the month award after Jake Fraley was honored in May.

The former Kentucky Wildcat has been raking in the honors lately. White was voted the starting first baseman for the North Division in the Texas League All-Star game last month,going 2-4 with a double and an RBI. White was also chosen by Major League Baseball to participate in the Sirius XM All-Star Futures Game scheduled for this Sunday night, July 7, in Cleveland. Overall this season in 55 games, he is hitting .299/.358/.484 with 10 homers and 28 RBIs. He ranks sixth in the league in batting average and slugging percentage. The winner of a 2018 Rawlings Minor League Gold Glove Award, White was drafted by the Mariners in the first round, 17th overall, in 2017.

White and the Travs wrap up a road trip tonight at Northwest Arkansas before returning to Dickey-Stephens Park for a 5:30 game on Independence Day. The Travs were the first half North Division champions and will host the opening two playoff games at Dickey-Stephens Park on September 4 and 5. Tickets for home playoff games are now on sale through the Travs box office. For all the latest information or to purchase tickets to any Travs games, log on to travs.com.

This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.
https://www.milb.com/arkansas/news/evan ... -308718622
I don't know why you would need to put one of them on the trade block because they could both be 1B/DH obviously White would need to see more of the field.
I didn't say they'd be on my trade block, just itchy trade trigger finger JD's trade block. 8-)
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:35 pm

I'd hesitate before getting excited about an .840 OPS from a 1B in minor leagues.

His recent numbers have looked how a real MLB 1B should look, so let's hope he continues hitting.

If he ends with a cumulative .840 OPS this season, they need to keep looking for a 1B, imo.

We dont need another defense first 1B. They have to contribute at least average for a 1B offensively then the defense can be the added value.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:50 pm

bpj wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:35 pm
I'd hesitate before getting excited about an .840 OPS from a 1B in minor leagues.

His recent numbers have looked how a real MLB 1B should look, so let's hope he continues hitting.

If he ends with a cumulative .840 OPS this season, they need to keep looking for a 1B, imo.

We dont need another defense first 1B. They have to contribute at least average for a 1B offensively then the defense can be the added value.
He has had well over a 1.000 OPs Since June 1st. The hope is he can repeat that .840 OPS with great D in the Bigs in 2021.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:18 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:50 pm
bpj wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:35 pm

He has had well over a 1.000 OPs Since June 1st. The hope is he can repeat that .840 OPS with great D in the Bigs in 2021.
There is a difference between being excited and being encouraged. I'm excited about Jrod, Kelenic, Fraley and Gilbert right now. I'm encouraged by Dunn, White, Newsome, Sheffield (his last 2 start in Arkansas), Raleigh and a few others. The first 4 I feel really good about their chances of contributing in the MLB right now, the others have shown signs that they may get there. I thought White might develop some power with time, but to have 11 HR at this point (after missing time with injury) his first year in AA in a pitchers park, that is more than I expected. Will he be a plus hitter in mlb? not sure, but if he can be an average hitting 1B, then his elite defense will make him valuable. 20-25 HR a year is plenty for a 1B if he's the best defender in baseball and hits for a good average.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:14 am

dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:21 am

Rizzo with 2 HRs, Raleigh with another one. His 15th. The cream is starting to rise as my good friend AT would say.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:23 am

Gilberts ERA about to fall under 2. I could see him promoted to AA in August and with the M's in a year.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:59 am

Sheff is back! 7 IPs 2 hits 1 B and 5 Ks. 1.00 ERA in AA.
dt