6%?

bhofferb

Re: 6%?

Post by bhofferb » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:24 pm

Here is what the 6% figure really means: https://www.newsweek.com/trump-death-to ... s-1529063

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:13 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:36 pm
I guess the WSJ has joined the right wing conspiracy publications.
IT'S AN OPINION PIECE WRITTEN BY A FORMER EDITOR AND COLUMNIST FOR THE NATIONAL REVIEW. Go to their website right now... every article posted is just nonsense trying to defame democrats.

That is literally what Donald L. Luskin has spent his career as a columnist doing.

Not to mention that he's currently the CIO of "Trend Macrolytics"... and their website is also used as a platform to do the exact same thing!!! He literally just reposts any Fox Business or personally written article that will paint Joe Biden in a negative light and scare investors into voting for Trump. They call it "Insights for action, for global investors." ... more like "I make a lot of money promoting right wing propaganda and business has never been better."

And yes... the WSJ is owned by The Dow Jones Company... you don't think these uber rich investors are doing everything in their power to keep the stock market at all time highs? They could care less about the average American so long as their pockets stay fat. And every opinion piece they have currently on their website is a hit job against Joe Biden because they know Trump will do everything in his power to keep them rich.

Don't mistake opinion for journalism. I'm asking you to consider the source before you post stuff like this... do some digging... see if this person has a reason to be biased.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:20 pm

Moe Gibbs wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:34 pm
IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:34 am
If by nobody you mean old white men who read right-wing conspiracy nonsense... then yes.
When first confronted with the truth by Dori Monson on KIRO Radio, "Right Wing Conspiracy Nonsense" was almost exactly what Jay Inslee called it.

https://www.freedomfoundation.com/press ... -all-true/

DOH: Freedom Foundation’s allegations of inflated COVID-19 death numbers were all true

Days after dismissing claims that the number of Washington COVID-19 deaths were being exaggerated by up to 13 percent as “conspiracy claims from the planet Pluto,” Gov. Jay Inslee sent officials from his Department of Health out for a hastily arranged videoconference on Thursday to admit it was true.

In fact, the numbers were padded by multiple Washingtonians who died of gunshot wounds.

The event became politically necessary when reporters blindsided Inslee during his regular weekly COVID-19 press briefing on Monday with questions about a report issued earlier in the day by the Freedom Foundation. In it, the organization revealed that DOH has a policy of padding the official number of COVID deaths in Washington by including victims who at one time had tested positive for the virus but subsequently died of some other cause.
Tries to make a point saying right wing conspiracy isn't a thing ...

Then points to a press release from the "Freedom Foundation."

An organization that is directly funded by the Koch Brothers foundation and Devos Family.

I mean it's like you're not even trying.

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:38 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:20 pm

An organization that is directly funded by the Koch Brothers foundation and Devos Family.

You are the one with the problem accepting facts, not me.
Do you REALLY think your reply has "debunked" this story ...?
Thanks for putting your twisted Liberal thought process on full display. It's amazing how horribly brainwashed Liberals are and to see the power that the Mass Media has over their Goyim Sheep.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:42 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:20 pm
Moe Gibbs wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:34 pm
IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:34 am
If by nobody you mean old white men who read right-wing conspiracy nonsense... then yes.
When first confronted with the truth by Dori Monson on KIRO Radio, "Right Wing Conspiracy Nonsense" was almost exactly what Jay Inslee called it.

https://www.freedomfoundation.com/press ... -all-true/

DOH: Freedom Foundation’s allegations of inflated COVID-19 death numbers were all true

Days after dismissing claims that the number of Washington COVID-19 deaths were being exaggerated by up to 13 percent as “conspiracy claims from the planet Pluto,” Gov. Jay Inslee sent officials from his Department of Health out for a hastily arranged videoconference on Thursday to admit it was true.

In fact, the numbers were padded by multiple Washingtonians who died of gunshot wounds.

The event became politically necessary when reporters blindsided Inslee during his regular weekly COVID-19 press briefing on Monday with questions about a report issued earlier in the day by the Freedom Foundation. In it, the organization revealed that DOH has a policy of padding the official number of COVID deaths in Washington by including victims who at one time had tested positive for the virus but subsequently died of some other cause.

So the Koch brothers are right wing conspiracy theorists because they started a successful business? And the Devos family is because they support.......God forbid.......school choice.

I agree, its good to educate yourself:
Prison reform
In July 2015, David and Charles Koch were commended by both President Obama and activist Anthony Van Jones for their bipartisan efforts to reform the prison system in the United States.[48][49] For nearly 10 years, the Kochs advocated for several reforms within the criminal justice system which include reducing recidivism rates, simplifying the employment process for the rehabilitated, and defending private property from government seizures through asset forfeiture.[49][50] Allying with groups such as the ACLU, the Center for American Progress, Families Against Mandatory Minimums, the Coalition for Public Safety, and the MacArthur Foundation, the Kochs maintained that current prison system unfairly targeted low-income and minority communities at the expense of the public budget
dt

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:24 pm

I didn't call the Koch Brothers right wing conspiracy theorists... they pay right wing conspiracy theorists to promote an agenda that makes them a lot of money. Are they incapable of good deeds? No. But lets not pretend that the vast majority of their fortune hasn't gone to promote right-wing agendas that enables mass income inequality.

To your point about the Devos family and "school choice." The only school choice they want to see is one where private investors make millions off of your child's education and they want to control curriculum that puts Christianity first. The Devos family has donated over $200 million to right-wing think tanks since the 1970's... That family has been working to soften the separation between church and state for forever... she's not just "promoting school choice..."

gil

Post by gil » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:41 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:24 pm
I didn't call the Koch Brothers right wing conspiracy theorists... they pay right wing conspiracy theorists to promote an agenda that makes them a lot of money. Are they incapable of good deeds? No. But lets not pretend that the vast majority of their fortune hasn't gone to promote right-wing agendas that enables mass income inequality.

To your point about the Devos family and "school choice." The only school choice they want to see is one where private investors make millions off of your child's education and they want to control curriculum that puts Christianity first. The Devos family has donated over $200 million to right-wing think tanks since the 1970's... That family has been working to soften the separation between church and state for forever... she's not just "promoting school choice..."
These are pretty accurate statements as far as I can tell. The Koch brothers, the Devos family, Donald L. Luskin, and others have long had "agendas". Agree with them or not, I don't think they are neutral about their actions. They selectively use facts to support their pre-determined agendas. (Luskin is notorious for this, and is not a good forecaster based on his record.) The Koch brothers or the Devos family can spend their money they way they please (within the law, of course) but I think it's dangerous to have someone like Devos leading education policy. By the way, I'm all in favor of school choice; please just don't ask me to pay for your kid to go to a private for profit Christian school.

gil

Post by gil » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:46 pm

bpj wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:44 am
gil wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:51 pm
Double Mocha Man wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:16 pm

Source? "Last time I checked..." is not sourcing material.
"For the majority of deaths where COVID-19 is reported on the death certificate (approximately 95%), COVID-19 is selected as the underlying cause of death." This is from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covi ... deaths.htm This is the report that is the source of the "only 6% actually died from COVID" story, but that interpretation is twisting the data (to the point it is screaming for a mercy killing). Many other causes of death are things like pneumonia and respiratory failure that were thought on by the viral infection.

Damn I wish that people were not using this to (presumably) support a political position. Saying that people aren't dying from COVID is a bit like saying that no one dies from a gun shot; they die from profuse bleeding, organ failure, etc.
The opposite of this is what's actually happening, no matter how much you try and gaslight people into seeing the opposite.

Saying they died of covid- not the cancer, gun shot wound or heart disease they were hospitalized for- is what actually happened and is represented in those numbers.
bpj: I disagree. I think the 94% are not "hey this guy also tests positive" cases. I think they are mostly people who developed pneumonia etc from the virus. This doesn't mean they didn't have co-morbidities, but they would be alive if not for the virus. That is what a cause of death means. Are the data perfect? of course not. But the 6% figure is a purposeful misrepresentation.

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:26 pm

1000s of people have tested positive and those results are kept on record by the State's DOHs. In 81% of these cases, those people who tested positive were symptom free and in most cases their close friends and relatives ALL tested negative. This fact alone creates a virulent breeding ground for DEATH COUNT FRAUD. Significant numbers of these people who at a later date died from a totally seperate cause were automatically counted as COVID19 deaths.
If there wasn't such a transparent agenda to sabotage all the gains that were made by the Trump Admin via all the turmoil that hyping the death count and shutting down our society accomplishes, the Wolves in our society wouldn't smell anything rotten going on. The most flagrant cases of Death Count Fraud are ALL at the hands of Liberals.

gil

Post by gil » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:46 pm

Moe Gibbs wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:26 pm
1000s of people have tested positive and those results are kept on record by the State's DOHs. In 81% of these cases, those people who tested positive were symptom free and in most cases their close friends and relatives ALL tested negative. This fact alone creates a virulent breeding ground for DEATH COUNT FRAUD. Significant numbers of these people who at a later date died from a totally seperate cause were automatically counted as COVID19 deaths.
If there wasn't such a transparent agenda to sabotage all the gains that were made by the Trump Admin via all the turmoil that hyping the death count and shutting down our society accomplishes, the Wolves in our society wouldn't smell anything rotten going on. The most flagrant cases of Death Count Fraud are ALL at the hands of Liberals.
Moe, I'd be INCREDIBLY angry if this were happening but I don't see a shred of evidence that it is anywhere near the 94% or whatever people are implying it is. Do you have a source OTHER THAN those that clearly have a right wing bias? You know, there are a lot of people who would like to see Trump defeated but want it to happen fairly.