Finally! Official Hot Stove League Thread

Sexymarinersfan

Re: Finally! Official Hot Stove League Thread

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:41 pm

Yeah, a couple of people have posted this. I just read this article. I'm good with it. I've heard Gleyber's numbers are atrocious however when Judge isn't in the lineup. Don't know how much stock I put into this. Curious as to what those numbers would look like.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:30 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:41 pm
Yeah, a couple of people have posted this. I just read this article. I'm good with it. I've heard Gleyber's numbers are atrocious however when Judge isn't in the lineup. Don't know how much stock I put into this. Curious as to what those numbers would look like.
LOL judge missed five games. Who the hell is looking at his stats in five games out of 162
dt

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:02 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
The fact that we are hearing these rumors about Wong and Torres shows how what a stubborn ass these GM guys can be. For God's sake there are 4 or 5 exciting and proven shortstops available. Move Crawford to second. He can't hold their jockstraps. I like JP's defense and seriously would like to see him plug holes with the new shift rules.

With that said...

Kiner-Falefa just resigned with the Spanks. We might get Torres for the right pieces. I'm not sure how he is defenisvely I don't watch the Yankees games but as a bat he's a beast from what I remember. Yes please Jerry. :roll: I'd rather have Torres over Wong.

Historically we don't trade very well with NY. Hope we don't lose someone really valuable from our pen. We should be shoring up the pen. Not giving it away.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

ice99

Post by ice99 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:15 pm

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:02 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
The fact that we are hearing these rumors about Wong and Torres shows how what a stubborn ass these GM guys can be. For God's sake there are 4 or 5 exciting and proven shortstops available. Move Crawford to second. He can't hold their jockstraps. I like JP's defense and seriously would like to see him plug holes with the new shift rules.

With that said...

Kiner-Falefa just resigned with the Spanks. We might get Torres for the right pieces. I'm not sure how he is defenisvely I don't watch the Yankees games but as a bat he's a beast from what I remember. Yes please Jerry. :roll: I'd rather have Torres over Wong.

Historically we don't trade very well with NY. Hope we don't lose someone really valuable from our pen. We should be shoring up the pen. Not giving it away.
Bogaerts isn't coming here. Correa hits about the same as JP in TMobile, but who wants a cheater at $250+ million? PLEASE, PLEASE Jerry, don't bring the CHEATER here. Dansby had a career year, but he probably hits close or worse than JP if he comes here. I'm not seeing JD spending $200+ million on TT, LOL.

Senga is a player I could see JD pursuing hard.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:29 pm

ice99 wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:15 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

With that said...

Bogaerts isn't coming here. Correa hits about the same as JP in TMobile, but who wants a cheater at $250+ million? PLEASE, PLEASE Jerry, don't bring the CHEATER here. Dansby had a career year, but he probably hits close or worse than JP if he comes here. I'm not seeing JD spending $200+ million on TT, LOL.

That's right. Good point ice. I do NOT want Correa here for sure.
I really dig Bogaerts. A player for the dramatic. Imagine Xander, Julio, and Teo in the same lineup. 8-)
I do like the idea of Senga too. Anything to make a strength we have (starting pitching) even better. YES!
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:53 pm

ice99 wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:15 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

With that said...

Besides only room in the town for one TT! :)
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:59 pm

dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:42 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:59 pm
Torres again

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/seattle-mariners
This was a comment from that.

Seattle loves trades. Not all of them work, but they’re trying to get back to the island of relevancy and stay there. Much like my Yankees, they have to deal with Houston as well.
Gleyber is kind of redundant at this point in New York. Power bat, shift didn’t help him on offense, helped him on defense. Swing and miss stuff when he’s not right. Doesn’t always hustle or overdoes it when base running. Great talent, lousy instincts.
Volpe projects as a second baseman due to a below average arm,but with very good range and fluidity in motion. Peraza is more of a classic shortstop with decent offensive potential. Cabrera will play anywhere at any time. IKF gives you very little on either side of the game.
Gleyber is probably our easiest player to move this off-season. Two years of control and a good bat. Could be an All Star with consistent production. With all the arm injuries, Cashman is going to look to replenish.
We’re willing to talk.
Thought that was interesting. Lousy instincts….we have had our share of those

harmony

Post by harmony » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:59 pm

Another comment from the Pinstripe Alley blog:
What are they getting back
There's the rub. Thinking off the cuff here, but I don't see a clear match. It makes great sense from M's perspective. Now, what do they offer to make the Yanks pull the trigger?

Dylan Moore is kind of interesting. He could slot into LF. But I would hope that the Yanks are aiming at a better LF; and I'm not sure how willing M's are to part with Moore anyway.

Pitching? I don't think M's will give you Brash or Munoz. Would you do it for a deal centered on Murfee? I wouldn't, although his numbers look better than he does with that sinker.

Best I can come up with is Gleyber and a lower prospect for Brash or Munoz. And I'm a little concerned about Brash's inability to throw strikes so far.

So, I think it's unlikely M's are willing to part with Munoz, yet who else would you take for Gleyber? Maybe M's are willing to gamble that Munoz can close, and so they're willing to deal Sewald? If so, that would be a pretty fair trade: Gleyber for Sewald
https://www.pinstripealley.com/2022/11/ ... e#comments

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:04 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:42 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:59 pm
Torres again

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/seattle-mariners
This was a comment from that.

Seattle loves trades. Not all of them work, but they’re trying to get back to the island of relevancy and stay there. Much like my Yankees, they have to deal with Houston as well.
Gleyber is kind of redundant at this point in New York. Power bat, shift didn’t help him on offense, helped him on defense. Swing and miss stuff when he’s not right. Doesn’t always hustle or overdoes it when base running. Great talent, lousy instincts.
Volpe projects as a second baseman due to a below average arm,but with very good range and fluidity in motion. Peraza is more of a classic shortstop with decent offensive potential. Cabrera will play anywhere at any time. IKF gives you very little on either side of the game.
Gleyber is probably our easiest player to move this off-season. Two years of control and a good bat. Could be an All Star with consistent production. With all the arm injuries, Cashman is going to look to replenish.
We’re willing to talk.
Thought that was interesting. Lousy instincts….we have had our share of those
Julio will get him on track...
dt