Re: Virus Schmirus

Post by D-train » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:49 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:35 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:38 pm
Michigan's Governor has lost her mind:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... d_nn_tw_ma
Why would you not want to sell plants gardening things paint and don’t dare drive a boat. My word
The lunacy of it is beyond belief. So you are at the store already buying a non prohibited item but you can't by a prohibited item the next isle over???

This is what happens when the the government makes too many decisions and think its smarter than the people it represents.
dt

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:03 pm

The boat, travelling to a second home and golf are not allowed because they're all elitist. The WSGA is really leaning on Governor Inslee to let golf back into his good graces on May 5. If done correctly, with a multitude of safeguards, it is as safe as walking, running, biking, taking a crap.
DMM

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:10 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:54 pm
People should be given the choice in a free society.
Agreed. As long as they don't expect the government to pay their health bills....

Just like riding a motorcycle without a helmet. But don't expect some poor DOT worker to have to scrape your brains off the pavement.
Last edited by Double Mocha Man on Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DMM

BaseHitDerby

Post by BaseHitDerby » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:35 pm

Edward Snowden, the whistleblower who leaked information on America’s National Security Agency, has warned that governments may use the coronavirus to curtail freedoms.

Snowden, in an interview with Vice, said that governments may take advantage of the pandemic to impose authoritarian rules on populations.

Snowden said, “As authoritarianism spreads, as emergency laws proliferate, as we sacrifice our rights, we also sacrifice our capability to arrest the slide into a less liberal and less free world.

“Do you truly believe that when the first wave, this second wave, the 16th wave of the coronavirus is a long-forgotten memory, that these capabilities will not be kept? That these datasets will not be kept?”
The govt taking away our liberties which is what so many people are upset about.

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:58 pm

BaseHitDerby wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:35 pm
... has warned that governments may use the coronavirus to curtail freedoms.

Hmmm... why is it always assumed the gub'mint wants to curtail freedoms? Maybe I'm naive. Maybe I don't buy into too many conspiracy theories. Maybe I'm not that paranoid. I do keep my eyes open.
DMM

BaseHitDerby

Post by BaseHitDerby » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:06 pm

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:58 pm
BaseHitDerby wrote:

Hmmm... why is it always assumed the gub'mint wants to curtail freedoms? Maybe I'm naive. Maybe I don't buy into too many conspiracy theories. Maybe I'm not that paranoid. I do keep my eyes open.
The govt wants more power? Dems want a bigger govt whereas Republicans want a smaller one. Dems want more govt interference in the free market and people's lives, whereas Republicans want less.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:11 pm

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:03 pm
The boat, travelling to a second home and golf are not allowed because they're all elitist. The WSGA is really leaning on Governor Inslee to let golf back into his good graces on May 5. If done correctly, with a multitude of safeguards, it is as safe as walking, running, biking, taking a crap.
You basically have about one golfer per acre of land. It is literally the sport that defines social distancing. It's asinine that its banned.
dt

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:13 pm

BaseHitDerby wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:06 pm
Double Mocha Man wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:58 pm
BaseHitDerby wrote:

The govt wants more power? Dems want a bigger govt whereas Republicans want a smaller one. Dems want more govt interference in the free market and people's lives, whereas Republicans want less.
Perhaps there's a different way of looking at that??? Maybe Democrats just want to try to solve more of the problems that the poor and middle class have. It follows that government institutions would increase in size to handle this. But that doesn't mean Democrats are trying to curtail freedoms. It doesn't mean they're increasing the size of government for the sake of increasing the size of government. Maybe they're trying to increase freedoms for certain groups of people so they can experience a better life. Not everyone can pull themselves up by their bootstraps. It's a nice ideal in a civilized world.
DMM

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:15 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:11 pm

You basically have about one golfer per acre of land. It is literally the sport that defines social distancing. It's asinine that its banned.
Unless you and I both shank our tee shots onto the same little parcel of land... :)
DMM

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:25 pm

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:15 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:11 pm

Unless you and I both shank our tee shots onto the same little parcel of land... :)
Guessing when you shank one it still goes at least 200 yards. When I shank one watch it go in the the woods about 50 feet to my left, wave goodbye and pull out another ball so we are still safe.
dt