D-train

Re: 2024 Prospects thread

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:58 am

Smoked!
dt

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Fri Jul 12, 2024 6:54 am

I don’t know if this is good news, or no news, or bad news. But, Logan Evans was blown up for 3 or 4 runs on June 30th. His two appearances since then have been starts. Maybe he was a back-up thought should it be proven that Greg Santos was not healthy and ready? Maybe they saw that he had struggled to recover and do 2 or 3 days in a row? Maybe they heard other teams that were interested in him as a trade chip but not if he was a BP guy?

What do you all think?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:57 am

They said they gave up on the reliever experiment because they didn't see the uptick in his pitches they were hoping for without his control deteriorating. His tools lend themselves more to starting
His performance out of the bullpen was satisfactory, but the Mariners did not see the uptick in stuff they thought they might. Placing a high value on his arm, the decision was made to end the experiment.

“When we did get it (the uptick), it came at the expense of command,” said assistant general manager Andy McKay. “This kid’s telling us he’s a starter. It’s just who he is.”

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:46 am

Pharmabro wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 6:54 am
I don’t know if this is good news, or no news, or bad news. But, Logan Evans was blown up for 3 or 4 runs on June 30th. His two appearances since then have been starts. Maybe he was a back-up thought should it be proven that Greg Santos was not healthy and ready? Maybe they saw that he had struggled to recover and do 2 or 3 days in a row? Maybe they heard other teams that were interested in him as a trade chip but not if he was a BP guy?

What do you all think?
Your either delayed access or complete lack of access to news is truly stunning. It is like you are the forum's Unabomber. :lol: :lol: :lol:
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:48 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:57 am
They said they gave up on the reliever experiment because they didn't see the uptick in his pitches they were hoping for without his control deteriorating. His tools lend themselves more to starting
His performance out of the bullpen was satisfactory, but the Mariners did not see the uptick in stuff they thought they might. Placing a high value on his arm, the decision was made to end the experiment.

“When we did get it (the uptick), it came at the expense of command,” said assistant general manager Andy McKay. “This kid’s telling us he’s a starter. It’s just who he is.”
Ted Kaczynski's window to the world....lol
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:00 am

Ted stayed in pretty good contact to some extent, developed his targets for his war on technology. I guess he used a library. Begs the question, how did he get to the library?

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:21 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:00 am
Ted stayed in pretty good contact to some extent, developed his targets for his war on technology. I guess he used a library. Begs the question, how did he get to the library?
He had a bike.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:41 pm

Okay, that makes sense but I thought he was pretty remote. I just checked, he was five miles from Lincoln Montana, that's closer than I imagined. Lincoln was very remote but it gave him some access to civilization. And he was a heck of a smart nut, so he made the most of it I imagine.

His dissertation on boundary functions, one of his profs claimed maybe there were 10-12 people in the country that could understand it. Guess the field doesn't exist anymore, everything has been proven, it was a pretty arcane mathematical field i guess

I sort of feel a kinship. I'm in what is a pretty remote part of the Philippines which is pretty remote in itself. But I can bike into the local market which is probably about five miles. These days I have internet access which is of course the game changer. I still do not have phone access. When I first came here I had neither. I sort of miss those days. I'm totally internet addicted now. It's hard for me to imagine living happily without either a phone or internet. That was another lifetime ago

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:45 pm

Yep, more proof that Laz can't play OF.

https://www.milb.com/video/lazaro-monte ... rid-703155
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:14 pm

Laz is having a horrid start in Everett. They is literally Nothing to be excited about in the entire org right now with position players.
dt