Virus Schmirus

Donn Beach

Re: Virus Schmirus

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:12 am

interesting article, makes more sense than it being engineered or studied as a weapon

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... naviruses/

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:57 am

I got my $2400 from the feds this morning. Couldn't believe all the people crying about how long it would take IF they didn't have direct deposit. Here is an idea. Instead of bitching about it, get f-ing direct deposit like every other normal functioning adult.

Same thing with voter id. But half of our voters don't have ID??? :cry: :cry: :cry: If you don't have the motivation or the IQ to get an ID then you aren't a functioning adult and should not be allowed to vote.
dt

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:19 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:57 am
I got my $2400 from the feds this morning. Couldn't believe all the people crying about how long it would take IF they didn't have direct deposit. Here is an idea. Instead of bitching about it, get f-ing direct deposit like every other normal functioning adult.

Same thing with voter id. But half of our voters don't have ID??? :cry: :cry: :cry: If you don't have the motivation or the IQ to get an ID then you aren't a functioning adult and should not be allowed to vote.
DT... You are feisty this morning. Would you talk to my son about direct deposit? So that he doesn't carry his entire paycheck, in cash, in his wallet.
DMM

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:25 pm

that is a function of trusting the banking system it seems

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:28 pm

People who don't research initiatives or candidates should not be allowed to vote. But, unfortunately, they are out there. That is my pet peeve. A few years ago a gal came into the bar with her ballot in hand and asked everybody how she should vote. Unbelievable!
DMM

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:54 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:25 pm
that is a function of trusting the banking system it seems
Yeah, I guess they really took to heart the stories from great Grand Dad about all those runs on the banks during the great depression 90 years ago.

I remember when I was a bank teller in 1990 at third and pine and after lining up outside on the 1st of every month people would all rush in to cash their checks.

Of course US Bank charged a fee for that as well as for money orders and cashiers checks. So I would ask if they would like to open an account and they would look at me like, "watchchoo talkin bout Willis, you ain't stealing my money" Then they would smile and shake their head like they had outsmarted me before spending about 10% of their check on fees and walking out with a bunch of money orders. lol
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:59 pm

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:28 pm
People who don't research initiatives or candidates should not be allowed to vote. But, unfortunately, they are out there. That is my pet peeve. A few years ago a gal came into the bar with her ballot in hand and asked everybody how she should vote. Unbelievable!
Its amazing how many people just vote the same way their whole life because that's "who they are" and that is what their race or people of their sexual orientation or religious beliefs or income level are supposed to do.

otoh I have noticed a lot of African Americans on Twitter recently that are huge Trump supporters. Good to see their are independent thinkers still out there willing to break out.
dt

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:42 pm

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:28 pm
Rest of the story: Sure glad I was there because Kevin, he of an extreme political persuasion, immediately started telling her who to check off. Had to balance him out... actually suggesting to her that it is no sin not to vote if you know nothing about the candidates or initiatives. Melinda's a sweetie, a warm-hearted bartender from a rival bar but she does not believe in watching that boring news on TV or in reading. Though she makes a good gin & tonic. Don't even know why she ever registered to vote... maybe her parents made her...
DMM

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:02 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:57 am

Post of the day..!
The morally corrupt Libtards who are against a voting system that enforces and legitimizes voter eligibility can all go to HELL. These traitors are not legitimate citizens of ANY country that has had so many soldiers give their lives to prevent us from becoming a Single Party Banana Republic like Obama-Soros tried to do.

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:04 pm

Nice rant. How do you feel about voting by mail, for the entire country?
DMM