Looks like we could have May baseball

D-train

Re: Looks like we could have May baseball

Post by D-train » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:24 pm

bpj wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:48 pm
As far as I've heard they are already drugs that are used and prescribed, this is just a different use, but can be prescribed for "compassionate care" or some bureaucratic BS.
Yes, it is a 60+ yo drug approved for lupus and malaria. It can be used off label for situations like this given its benign side effect profile.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:48 pm

bpj wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:00 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:47 pm
bpj wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:44 pm

https://youtu.be/3GuNbGC2D_8

This was the second time I had heard him talk about this combination of drugs, from a couple weeks ago.
Brother I hope we find something soon. Like I said, I'll let you know if I hear of anything. We are updated on a nightly basis and waiting, no praying for aid.
Ok, get some sleep, but when you get to work see what they're doing about the Hydroxychloronique+Azithromyicin+Zinc Trump Cocktail that people are feeling better within hours of treatment.
I've got a friend in the Lab, a pharmacist, I just spoke with her a couple of nights ago. She seemed clueless about a vaccine anytime soon. However, I'll speak with her about this "cocktail" you are referring too.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:57 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:48 pm
bpj wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:00 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:47 pm

Brother I hope we find something soon. Like I said, I'll let you know if I hear of anything. We are updated on a nightly basis and waiting, no praying for aid.
Ok, get some sleep, but when you get to work see what they're doing about the Hydroxychloronique+Azithromyicin+Zinc Trump Cocktail that people are feeling better within hours of treatment.
I've got a friend in the Lab, a pharmacist, I just spoke with her a couple of nights ago. She seemed clueless about a vaccine anytime soon. However, I'll speak with her about this "cocktail" you are referring too.
Here is a dem politician that credits Trump for saving her life. If that isn't an endorsement I do not know what one is .

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 955430001/
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:39 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:05 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:07 pm
I am saying the plan as stated, as I understand it, is to play the entire season in Arizona. There is nothing about adjusting that as events change. I think they want to set this thing up and forget about it, get it running and call it a success, not plan on moving everything again during a season
MLB, at the moment, is talking about moving the whole season to Arizona. Yes, that includes 30 teams spending the whole season in one state. Without knowing what other options are under consideration, it makes sense. At least on the surface.
Well that have moved from AZ to the MLB stadiums for 91 years so they probably have it down.
but that is before the season starts, this would be in the middle of one where they are playing 15 double headers a day, its not like they are taking an all star break is it.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:02 am

Quick update:

Yes we are using the "cocktail". It has shown to be successful on the mediocre cases. It's the same thing we use to treat Malaria. It keeps it from bonding to it, or something along those lines. The more severe cases where the patients are just shit has shown little affect. Have a good night boys.

godawgs28

Post by godawgs28 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:43 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:02 am
Quick update:

Yes we are using the "cocktail". It has shown to be successful on the mediocre cases. It's the same thing we use to treat Malaria. It keeps it from bonding to it, or something along those lines. The more severe cases where the patients are just shit has shown little affect. Have a good night boys.
It has been being used for weeks now all over the country. The case studies actually have been showing just the opposite, mostly used in severe cases with great results.

Case studies in Europe (over a month of data) showing the same.

I'm sure your head is spinning these days, but really odd that you hadnt heard. But thanks for all you do!

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:33 am

I appreciate it, thanks brother. It hasn't been used for weeks here because we just got our first Covid patient in the middle of March. Plus I work in Radiology, not the Labs, so we are just trying to get on the same page.

My friend's hospital in Detroit just reported 23 employees who've been infected with Covid-19. This is getting ridiculous. It's almost not worth coming into work for. I'd rather be just about anywhere else right now than here as a medical worker.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:16 am

21 doctors so far have died from it here in the Philippines, that's crazy. Reminds me of the ebola crisis I read about in Africa, the first thing to get wiped out were all the heath care workers, hospitals were nothing more than morgues
At least 21 doctors have died in the Philippines due to the novel coronavirus, local media reported on Wednesday

The country has reported 177 deaths as the confirmed cases of COVID-19 has climbed to 3,764.

"Doctors who died due to the coronavirus was primarily due to patients lying about their condition or exposure history," local broadcaster GMT quoted Rustico Jimenez, the president of the Private Hospitals Association in the country, as saying.

So far, 740 medical staff in the Philippines contracted the coronavirus and are under 14-day self-quarantine after suspected exposure, said the association.

Jimenez argued that the shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE) for doctors and other health staff in private hospitals was also behind their deaths.

"Private hospitals do not receive PPEs, we buy our own. But at this point, it's hard to buy supplies," said Jimenez.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:42 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:16 am
21 doctors so far have died from it here in the Philippines, that's crazy. Reminds me of the ebola crisis I read about in Africa, the first thing to get wiped out were all the heath care workers, hospitals were nothing more than morgues
At least 21 doctors have died in the Philippines due to the novel coronavirus, local media reported on Wednesday

The country has reported 177 deaths as the confirmed cases of COVID-19 has climbed to 3,764.

"Doctors who died due to the coronavirus was primarily due to patients lying about their condition or exposure history," local broadcaster GMT quoted Rustico Jimenez, the president of the Private Hospitals Association in the country, as saying.

So far, 740 medical staff in the Philippines contracted the coronavirus and are under 14-day self-quarantine after suspected exposure, said the association.

Jimenez argued that the shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE) for doctors and other health staff in private hospitals was also behind their deaths.

"Private hospitals do not receive PPEs, we buy our own. But at this point, it's hard to buy supplies," said Jimenez.
:o

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:41 pm

True heroes.
dt