It's time for a little Justus & a Vogelblast Game Thread 8/23

Juliooooo

Re: It's time for a little Justus & a Vogelblast Game Thread 8/23

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:21 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:54 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:57 pm
He'd have to be in the minors 16 days PLUS all the time he's already accrued to save a year of service time next year.
Are you saying he just needs to be with Tacoma/Arkansas for 16 more days? Why didn't they let him stay there another 16 days before bringing him back up then?
No. Im talking about acting service time next year. If he id with Seattle for 172 days in a calendar year, that is a full year, or if multiple years combine to equal 172 days. Let's say he was with NY 15 days last year, and between his 2 trips this year, he has 40 days. That is 65 days of service time. Next year if he plays 172 days or more, that is a full year. If it is less, say 160 days, then take 12 days from his service time to get to 172, and he has 1 year and 53 days.

Say they wanted to save a year of service time, he'd have to spend about 81 days on minor league rosters. That was his 106 days from last year and his 65 days already accrued are 171, not 172 equaling a full year of service time.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:22 pm

bpj wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:16 pm
The only argument I dont get with Sheffield is that he sucked in AAA because they use the MLB ball now.

But now that he's in MLB using the MLB ball, no, now everything will be fine..

Not sure I love the logic, but at least there's still hope for him until there's not.
He stunk because of control on AAA, any narrative other than that is uninformed and lazy. He walked way too many guys. The ball and smaller park's didn't help, but that's not what his problem was
Last edited by Juliooooo on Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:24 pm

roosevelt wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:04 pm
Truthfully, I don't think we will be worrying about six years of team control.
I think he will pan out to be a AAAA player. NY was thinking about making him a relief pitcher. Hence, the trade to Seattle.
He'll be a 4th starter or a reliever. He will be an MLB pitcher though most likely.

bpj

Post by bpj » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:55 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:22 pm
bpj wrote:
The only argument I dont get with Sheffield is that he sucked in AAA because they use the MLB ball now.

Not sure I love the logic, but at least there's still hope for him until there's not.
He stunk because of control on AAA, any narrative other than that is uninformed and lazy. He walked way too many guys. The ball and smaller park's didn't help, but that's not what his problem was
Maybe the ball affected his control. Open your narrative to alternate avenues to the same conclusion, dunce.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:23 pm

bpj wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:55 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:22 pm
bpj wrote:

Maybe the ball affected his control. Open your narrative to alternate avenues to the same conclusion, dunce.
I never said what caused his control issues. I don't think it was the ball itself personally. His confidence may have been down because of how the ball played in the PCL, but his control was the main problem.

I also didn't imply that you were the one that is uninformed and lazy. Sorry if my post seemed that way. It wasn't a shot at you. I thought that you were challenging that narrative yourself that it was only the ball. I don't think the ball was the primary concern. It factored in, sure, but the ball doesn't account for more than 3 times the BB/9

Now of you want to question if he'll be able to have enough control against mlb hitters, I think that's a legit concern, and only time will tell