Mariners acquire Jorge Polanco from the Twins!!!!!

bpj

Re: Mariners acquire Jorge Polanco from the Twins!!!!!

Post by bpj » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:31 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:07 am
bpj wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:28 am
D-train wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:26 am
Tough to lose Topa and GG but I like the trade.

Capture.JPG
That ~.800 OPS looks a lot better than the .700 guys we have laying around.

I remember big sexy wanted Polanco a year or two ago.

Dipoto's always just a little late to the party.
SS-Crawford
CF-JRod
2B-Polanco
C-Raleigh
DH-Garver
LF-Raley
1B-France
3B-Rojas
RF-Haniger

Looks pretty complete
We can hope.

To me it looks like a lineup without any actual middle of the order hitters.

It's a lineup full of guys that should be batting 6th and nobody deserving of hitting 3rd or 4th.

Hopefully their depth can carry them but they just look like another team that'll almost make the playoffs, but won't, imo.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:34 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:31 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:19 am
Why would you have Rojas starting 3rd base over Urias?
I think it'll be a platoon. I haven't seen Urias, so I don't know what kind of hitter he is. I hope he's as good or better than Rojas. I'll reserve judgement until I can get my eyes on him.
Neither should be staring 3B for a playoff hopeful team
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:35 am

bpj wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
bpj wrote:

SS-Crawford
CF-JRod
2B-Polanco
C-Raleigh
DH-Garver
LF-Raley
1B-France
3B-Rojas
RF-Haniger

Looks pretty complete
We can hope.

It's a lineup full of guys that should be batting 6th and nobody deserving of hitting 3rd or 4th.

Hopefully their depth can carry them but they just look like another team that'll almost make the playoffs, but won't, imo.
I was thinking about that too. This lineup would look a lot better with Teo right smack dab in the middle of it.

desbcoach

Post by desbcoach » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:37 am

bpj wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
bpj wrote:

SS-Crawford
CF-JRod
2B-Polanco
C-Raleigh
DH-Garver
LF-Raley
1B-France
3B-Rojas
RF-Haniger

Looks pretty complete
We can hope.

Pessimistic attitude, the line up is as good as we end end the season with and better then day 1 we started and wasted 3 months with. IMO good enough to get to -layoffs. Addition by subtraction with Pollock, Lastella, and Wong gone.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:46 am

bhofferb wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:28 am
GL_Storm wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:12 am
D-train wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:01 am

There isn't going to be any more trades. They were going with Urias at 3B from the second they traded for him. They didn't trade Campbell to pay $5M for a bench guy. Rojas put up almost 1 WAR in just 134 PAs. He can platoon with Urias if need be.
Rojas, Urias, and Polanco give us redundancy in the infield, which we've not had since I don't know when.
Feels like we are in a much better spot counting on either Rojas or Urias instead of having to count on Rojas AND Urias...
Yes, exactly my point. There's still risk with both of those players but having both means the one that sort of loses out gets to be the backup at both 2nd and 3rd, which means they can use Dylan Moore more selectively. Cross our fingers and hope everyone hits and everyone's healthy.

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:50 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:00 am
Hate losing G2, I think he’s going to be a good one. I also worry about a 30 year old 2B in Tmobile park. 14 HR in 80 games is nice, and he’s better than the last 2 they got. He’s an upgrade from Rojas, but I would have preferred they get a better 3B.

I don’t hate it as much as the Castillo trade though, and don’t think G2 has quite the same star potential as Marte (because of position and speed mostly, he would be so much more exciting for next year than Urias at 3B). Hope it works out.

Going to have to pick a new favorite prospect. It will likely be between Colt Emerson and Arroyo. I’ll decide after the first month or so of minor leagues
I don't get the Arroyo shout out. But I get all weak in the knees about how Da-Wel Young Colts Felnin their royal oats Bliss fully Tai-ing others Axel Arroyos in knots because when in Rome do as Romero does. :lol: I like a lot of our young SS prospects which is crazy because they are all so young that none of them cracked pipeline top 10 for SS. I say that with a grain of salt the only SS that I have as heads and shoulders above Young is Jackson Holiday the 70 overall #1 ranked prospect overall. And his 55 grade ties him #6 in the SS but compare age-level performance and tell me who has been better besides Jackson? Seattle has invested a ton of 1st and 2nd Rd picks along with a number of top IFA big bonus guys at SS/2B.
I count 9 2B/SS prospects that were either top 2 round picks or were top 50 rated IFA at SS/2B. 7 of them are 16 to 20 years old right now and the only two that are not are 2 of the lower ranked guys Axel Sanches 21, and Bliss 24.

Anyhow my .02$

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:51 am

I don't see it as a competition, Urias needs to produce at 3rd base, if he doesn't you're not going to get significant production out of Rojas there. Really that's what the lineup turns on seems to me. If you can get Geno level production out of Urias then it looks pretty good

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:57 am

desbcoach wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:37 am
bpj wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

SS-Crawford
CF-JRod
2B-Polanco
C-Raleigh
DH-Garver
LF-Raley
1B-France
3B-Rojas
RF-Haniger

Looks pretty complete
We can hope.

Pessimistic attitude, the line up is as good as we end end the season with and better then day 1 we started and wasted 3 months with. IMO good enough to get to -layoffs. Addition by subtraction with Pollock, Lastella, and Wong gone.
It's just as good as last season!

When we didn't make the playoffs.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:01 am

There's a lot of wishful thinking there

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:03 am

Pharmabro wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:50 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:00 am
Hate losing G2, I think he’s going to be a good one. I also worry about a 30 year old 2B in Tmobile park. 14 HR in 80 games is nice, and he’s better than the last 2 they got. He’s an upgrade from Rojas, but I would have preferred they get a better 3B.

I don’t hate it as much as the Castillo trade though, and don’t think G2 has quite the same star potential as Marte (because of position and speed mostly, he would be so much more exciting for next year than Urias at 3B). Hope it works out.

Going to have to pick a new favorite prospect. It will likely be between Colt Emerson and Arroyo. I’ll decide after the first month or so of minor leagues
I don't get the Arroyo shout out. But I get all weak in the knees about how Da-Wel Young Colts Felnin their royal oats Bliss fully Tai-ing others Axel Arroyos in knots because when in Rome do as Romero does. :lol: I like a lot of our young SS prospects which is crazy because they are all so young that none of them cracked pipeline top 10 for SS. I say that with a grain of salt the only SS that I have as heads and shoulders above Young is Jackson Holiday the 70 overall #1 ranked prospect overall. And his 55 grade ties him #6 in the SS but compare age-level performance and tell me who has been better besides Jackson? Seattle has invested a ton of 1st and 2nd Rd picks along with a number of top IFA big bonus guys at SS/2B.
I count 9 2B/SS prospects that were either top 2 round picks or were top 50 rated IFA at SS/2B. 7 of them are 16 to 20 years old right now and the only two that are not are 2 of the lower ranked guys Axel Sanches 21, and Bliss 24.

Anyhow my .02$
I just love me an international prospect. He has a big jump to Modesto last year after not much time in the rookie league. I think he’ll stay there for the first half of the season, and do much better. Good K rate, great OBP. The average was down a bit though. He’s not going to likely be my top prospect like G2 was most of last year, but I’m rooting for him
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez