An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83272
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:34 pm

Optimistic M's Fan wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:30 pm
I'd love to get Seiya Suzuki for Left, trade Kirby or Hancock plus for Otto Lopez or CJ Abrams, and then add 2 relievers thru trade. With the budget going to 175-180, we would be able to pull that off. We add enough thump, defense, and shore up our weakness in relief. I would think this is pretty realistic actually.
That would be a damn good off season and yes is realistic because we are at only $145M right now and will like land at about $170M

But Jerry says we just need to change the Culture and add a dash of Accountability so we shall see.
dt

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83272
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:35 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:03 pm
D-train wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:56 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 4:29 pm
Personally, I do not understand how in today's era... OF ALL ERAS... that organizations believe player's managers are the answer.

There has never been less focus and accountability in sports than displayed by the coming generation of athletes, particularly in baseball.

I was listening to Puck who I believe was on with Bill Krueger... Krueger mentioned that Dan's blind spot lied in the fact that he was a very focused, self-motivated, self-preparing player himself. Bill said he believed Dan thought all players are like that and didn't know how to manage players who weren't.

News flash... there's a lot of guys in this era who need guidance. It's not 1995... the mindset has changed.
Its so funny, If 100 people read this post and this was the first post of yours they ever read and were asked what they thought your age and politics were I bet that at least 95 would say you are a middle aged Conservative. And that goes for everyone of your philosophical Mariner/Julio posts. :)
Couldn't be.

I actually believe in holding millionaires accountable ;)
Ha! Touche!
dt

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83272
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:36 pm

GL_Storm wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:35 pm
Bil522 wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:28 pm
GL_Storm wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:05 pm


What are they going to get with a larger payroll?
I think George Springer is needed. He is a clutch player when playing and could help them as a RH bat vs.Lefties.
I hope that's sarcasm.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
dt

Post Reply