Re: Looks like we could have May baseball

Post by D-train » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:45 pm

This one is even better. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7nvq5M-MY4
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:38 pm

I read today that they are talking about realigning into cactus and grapefruit leagues for the entire year. I can't imagine playing outdoor games in August in Phoenix . I feel like they should scrap this idea and just play a 100 game or 81 game season or whatever time they have once this is over.

BaseHitDerby

Post by BaseHitDerby » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:40 pm

Make it a 2 week season so the Ms can make the playoffs.

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:32 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:20 am
This ridiculousness is in my face daily and people are hurting, dying, and very sick! 9 of my colleagues have contracted it protecting people like you. You'd be best to tread carefully.
Getting sick due to contracting the various viruses that plague our human race has always been a concern that we deal with on a daily basis. There's very little different here. So what it's more contagious? Illness is and always will be a concern for humans going about daily life. Putting a halt to that life out of fear of falling sick is asinine in my opinion. Social distancing to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed... they're overwhelmed as it is! Again, illness is a part of being alive.

This is just so ridiculous to me I can't even handle it.

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:33 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:38 pm
I read today that they are talking about realigning into cactus and grapefruit leagues for the entire year. I can't imagine playing outdoor games in August in Phoenix . I feel like they should scrap this idea and just play a 100 game or 81 game season or whatever time they have once this is over.

I don't think they are going to play THE ENTIRE SEASON in Arizona. They can do the first couple of months and then return to their ballparks once the social distancing mandates are removed.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:29 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:32 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:20 am
This ridiculousness is in my face daily and people are hurting, dying, and very sick! 9 of my colleagues have contracted it protecting people like you. You'd be best to tread carefully.
Getting sick due to contracting the various viruses that plague our human race has always been a concern that we deal with on a daily basis. There's very little different here. So what it's more contagious? Illness is and always will be a concern for humans going about daily life. Putting a halt to that life out of fear of falling sick is asinine in my opinion. Social distancing to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed... they're overwhelmed as it is! Again, illness is a part of being alive.

This is just so ridiculous to me I can't even handle it.
It makes sense if you have a vaccine. It's ridiculous to think you actually should be around highly infectious people without a cure and expect to be treated at an overrun hospital. Yes we are curing many, but our healthcare workers are stressed and hospitals running low on equipment. I do believe that there are different hotspots in America. Just because yours is ok doesn't mean that it's ok in mine. It's a shit show in my ER every night. Being around constant misery night in and night out wanes on you. Hearing that this all ridiculous and no big deal? You have no idea what some of us are going through. None. My hospital hasn't seen anything like this in over 30 years. I'm glad the rest of the country is all hunky dory.

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:55 pm

Thank you for your diligence and what you are doing. I know you probably don't think so but you are a hero. Hang in there. People can have opinions all they want but very few are scientists or experts. Maybe you and "Vogelbomb" should change positions???
Last edited by Double Mocha Man on Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DMM

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:44 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:33 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:38 pm

I don't think they are going to play THE ENTIRE SEASON in Arizona. They can do the first couple of months and then return to their ballparks once the social distancing mandates are removed.
i see where they are talking about moving back to the respective cities now...I was thinking, if you are trying to squeeze in a season in a short amount of time Arizona gives you some weather advantages, at least at the end of the season, if they wanted to extend the season. We shall see...