Mariners vs Marlins - Game 3(Rubber Match)

Seattle or Bust

Re: Mariners vs Marlins - Game 3(Rubber Match)

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:29 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:14 pm
I really wonder what the Mariner players say to one another in the clubhouse following games like this. Other than Raley they should feel ashamed and embarrassed with what they did out there and limit their communications to utterances of grief and repentance.
I don't think they say much of anything to be honest.

There's no leadership in that dugout. That's why you see all the laughing and giggling from France, JP, Julio who all stink. If I were in that dugout and I saw Julio laugh after another strike out I'd get straight in his fucking face and let him have it.

The guys who you might think could be leaders are hitting .175 and .200 with OPS's in the low .600's. Who would want to listen to Garver and Haniger right now?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:32 am

I really wonder what the Mariner players say to one another in the clubhouse following games like this. Other than Raley they should feel ashamed and embarrassed with what they did out there and limit their communications to utterances of grief and repentance.
Which is why all the grousing over the manager seems silly to me. These guys get paid millions and millions to hit a baseball and damn near every one of them is pretty damn bad at it.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:48 am

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:32 am
Which is why all the grousing over the manager seems silly to me. These guys get paid millions and millions to hit a baseball and damn near every one of them is pretty damn bad at it.
What does a manager get paid to do other than put players in positions to succeed and act as a motivator?

From where I sit, Scott doesn't do anything of the sort... hell, might as well put Pete Carroll in an M's uniform and have him do it. His spirit might lead to a few more hits.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:15 am

If the Mariners were a Japanese team one of the players would have had to commit harakiri to preserve their honor after their pathetic showing today.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:28 am

Can someone explain to me why the Mariners cut Tyson Miller and signed Baumann?

bpj

Post by bpj » Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:43 am

Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:28 am
Can someone explain to me why the Mariners cut Tyson Miller and signed Baumann?
Only thing that makes sense to me is he wasn't a "clubhouse guy".

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:49 am

Santos seems about ready to return

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:51 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:48 am
Michael K. wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:32 am
What does a manager get paid to do other than put players in positions to succeed and act as a motivator?

From where I sit, Scott doesn't do anything of the sort... hell, might as well put Pete Carroll in an M's uniform and have him do it. His spirit might lead to a few more hits.
So, you think these hitters stink because the manager hasn’t asked them not to stink yet?

I feel this is about what most expected. A team without the necessary offense to really contend, but they’d be “good enough” again.