Virus Schmirus

bpj

Re: Virus Schmirus

Post by bpj » Fri May 01, 2020 2:27 am

Good enough reason to transition out of liberal states.

Musk goes against the narrative, so I assume we'll see another media smear job soon.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 01, 2020 2:28 am

Millikin wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 2:27 am
Michael K. wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:16 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:57 pm

That said, the rules for New York City shouldn't be applied to Syracuse, or Olympia, or Royal City, WA

Love me some Royal City. Good pheasant hunting and good football!
Driving back from college, I had a tire blow and rolled my car off the highway near Royal City. The Royal City police officer said the last person to roll a car in the same area got killed, he said I was lucky, then he gave me a $500 ticket for "Wheels Off Roadway. "
Do you feel lucky? Well do ya punk? ;)
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 01, 2020 2:29 am

Just this on FB.
No one could have made this shit up. Can’t make this shit up!!!!!
Imagine if 10 years ago you were approached by a time traveler and he was like "Look, I don't have much time to explain, all I can tell you is that the year 2020 is going to be wild as fuck! You know Donald Trump, the star of the apprentice? Well he's the president of the United States and at the beginning of 2020 he gets into a Twitter beef with Iran that almost starts world war 3. Australia catches fire and a woman tries to save it by selling pictures of her tits. Kobe Bryant dies in a helicopter crash. Half the world is devasted, the other half just makes fucked up memes. Tom Brady leaves the Patriots to play for the Buccaneers and just when the world starts recovering from the loss of Kobe some dude in China eats a fucking bat and starts a global pandemic that specifically kills old people and asthmatics. Everyone loses their minds. 40% of the population thinks it's the end of the world another 40% thinks it's all fake and 20% blames the whole thing on cell phone towers. The one thing everyone seems to agree on is that the only way to survive is by hoarding toilet paper. Grocery stores are ransacked and Charmin ultra soft essentially replaces the dollar as the United States official currency. Eventually as hysteria grows, world governments are forced to shut the entire planet down and lock everyone in their houses and..... the only person that can keep the people from completely losing their fkn minds and starting a huge riot is a homosexual gun toting Oklahoma man with two husband's, a meth addiction, and 223 pet tigers...

And that was all before Spring!!!!!!!!!!
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri May 01, 2020 2:32 am

D-train wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 2:29 am
Just this on FB.
No one could have made this shit up. Can’t make this shit up!!!!!
Imagine if 10 years ago you were approached by a time traveler and he was like "Look, I don't have much time to explain, all I can tell you is that the year 2020 is going to be wild as fuck! You know Donald Trump, the star of the apprentice? Well he's the president of the United States and at the beginning of 2020 he gets into a Twitter beef with Iran that almost starts world war 3. Australia catches fire and a woman tries to save it by selling pictures of her tits. Kobe Bryant dies in a helicopter crash. Half the world is devasted, the other half just makes fucked up memes. Tom Brady leaves the Patriots to play for the Buccaneers and just when the world starts recovering from the loss of Kobe some dude in China eats a fucking bat and starts a global pandemic that specifically kills old people and asthmatics. Everyone loses their minds. 40% of the population thinks it's the end of the world another 40% thinks it's all fake and 20% blames the whole thing on cell phone towers. The one thing everyone seems to agree on is that the only way to survive is by hoarding toilet paper. Grocery stores are ransacked and Charmin ultra soft essentially replaces the dollar as the United States official currency. Eventually as hysteria grows, world governments are forced to shut the entire planet down and lock everyone in their houses and..... the only person that can keep the people from completely losing their fkn minds and starting a huge riot is a homosexual gun toting Oklahoma man with two husband's, a meth addiction, and 223 pet tigers...

And that was all before Spring!!!!!!!!!!
Doesn't matter how many times I read this....I laugh, and then shake my head!

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 01, 2020 2:52 am

We went camping at Rasar state park between Sedro Wooley and Concrete over New Year's. On new years eve I said ok this is going to be my year. I woke up New years day sick as a dog. lol Harbinger of things to come.
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sat May 02, 2020 3:07 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:32 pm
bpj wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:17 pm
Lol, how many covid deaths have we had again?

This is all such bs.
Love Candace on many levels. :)
And you call me a conservative!

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sat May 02, 2020 3:35 am

I'm thinking there is gonna be a boatload of civil disobedience people starting to break away from their "house arrest" this week. Next week will be even more people. Governor Inslee really screwed the pooch on this one. We have the entire state shut down (except for government workers) for .024% of the population.

Look, I realize that no amount of money can bring back any of those people who contracted covid-19. I cannot imagine having a friend or relative die from this crap. But we are approaching all sorts of economic trouble if the Governor doesn't change his mind and allow more businesses to open. What is so crucial about Pot Stores? OK, rhetorical question, I know. The answer is they pay big taxes. But why are Pot Store owners more important than the guy who is gonna lose his job, his home, and possibly his family when he could be back at work wearing a mask and rubber gloves.

Another month of staring at the walls and the party Mr. Inslee heads in this State may be in big trouble. Especially if, as expected, the death toll is far less than it has been. There also seems to be significant evidence that sunlight drives a stake through our little friend covid-19. We've all learned to distance ourselves and at least half of us wear masks. We're adults, Mr. Inslee. Let my people go!

bpj

Post by bpj » Sat May 02, 2020 3:47 am

Because they need everything to go bad or they have no chance to win the election.

Even though at this point everybody should be able to see what's going on and they have no chance of winning anyways.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 02, 2020 1:41 pm

bpj wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 3:47 am
Because they need everything to go bad or they have no chance to win the election.

Even though at this point everybody should be able to see what's going on and they have no chance of winning anyways.
Those two statements are 3rd and 4th truest statements ever written right behind the sun is hot and water is wet.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Sat May 02, 2020 4:05 pm

It looks to me that Inslee and the other governors may be suffering politically from continuing the lock down. Meanwhile, President Trump's net favorability surged in the last week (per 538.com), and my only good guess for why that happened is that he has been championing getting back to normal as soon as possible. So I wonder WHY the (Democratic) governors are not moving faster. If it is not politically beneficial to them, and fighting against the state lock downs is politically favorable for the President, why do the (Democratic) governors persist? At the risk of setting myself up big time, I can't believe that they are all stupid. [And by the way, the governors I'm referring to include Mike DeWine of Ohio, who was the first governor to order a statewide shutdown of schools. And the last time I checked, he's a conservative Republican.] Something else other than politics must be driving their decisions, don't you think? Clearly there are tradeoffs between public health and economic activity. Everyone knows that, including the governors. Is it possible that SOME people do things based on what they think is the right choice?