6/6 Afternoon Delight or Disaster GameThread

D-train

Re: 6/6 Afternoon Delight or Disaster GameThread

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:00 am

Millikin wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:58 am
There are a billion reasons why the Mariners lost, and Long Shed was only one.

How about the much more dependable Vogey striking out, bases loaded, when all we needed was a medium flyball to win, followed by Seager making a weak out. Or Ansel Adams pitching in the first, ...

Seriously the Servais Derangement Syndrome around here is getting out of hand.
I actually doubt there is a take sign in the big leagues. Usually they expect guys to have an IQ higher than a corn nut.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:01 am

Too bad RG isn't here we could ask him. :lol:
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:12 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:01 am
Yes, he could share from his massive major league experience.....

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:13 am

D-train wrote:
Can I get in trouble for posting this from that other graveyard?
Re: Season
Postby r.g. on Fri May 17, 2019 8:53 pm

I have said this before, but I have been an M's fan since they were the Pilots. But I have to admit, for the first time, EVER I have quit watching them. It is just brutal to me, just completely brutal to watch them pitch horribly, defend terribly, blow leads nightly and be managed by a skipper that is so freaking completely clueless. It is so painful for me to not watch because of all of this as much as I love baseball.

I watch other teams and see them defend and pitch and do the little things that win them games. I ask myself why isnt this team like that? This organization has a GM that has been here for years and we the fans are expected to "wait it out on a step back plan" and also hope the "prospects" pan out. I am just really, truly down on this team. I never thought I would say that but I cannot lie and say I have hope. Just truly depressing knowing another season is going down the drain and nothing will come of it. This truly stinks. :x :x
I wish he would come over here. r.g., r.g., wherefore art thou r.g.meo?
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:14 am

rockycola wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:13 am
D-train wrote:

I have said this before, but I have been an M's fan since they were the Pilots. But I have to admit, for the first time, EVER I have quit watching them. It is just brutal to me, just completely brutal to watch them pitch horribly, defend terribly, blow leads nightly and be managed by a skipper that is so freaking completely clueless. It is so painful for me to not watch because of all of this as much as I love baseball.

I watch other teams and see them defend and pitch and do the little things that win them games. I ask myself why isnt this team like that? This organization has a GM that has been here for years and we the fans are expected to "wait it out on a step back plan" and also hope the "prospects" pan out. I am just really, truly down on this team. I never thought I would say that but I cannot lie and say I have hope. Just truly depressing knowing another season is going down the drain and nothing will come of it. This truly stinks. :x :x
I think he's made that same post about 27 times the last few years. Why do you wish a fraud would come over here?
dt

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:18 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:14 am
rockycola wrote:
D-train wrote:

I think he's made that same post about 27 times the last few years. Why do you wish a fraud would come over here?
He tells a good story and doesn't crap on people. He's a voice and it says he's from Lynnwood on his profile. I wonder if I know him???
Although hasn't he mentioned he lives in Arizona or something loke that now?
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

:::

Post by ::: » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:20 am

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:49 am
Shed Long also sucks. He blew just as many opportunities as Seager. Jesus pal... 3-1 count and you swing? Let the guy who is walking everyone throw a ball you clown.
How dare the 23 year old with 50 mlb at bats under his belt make a mistake. :evil:

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:42 am

rockycola wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:18 am
D-train wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:14 am
rockycola wrote:

He tells a good story and doesn't crap on people. He's a voice and it says he's from Lynnwood on his profile. I wonder if I know him???
Although hasn't he mentioned he lives in Arizona or something loke that now?
I would consider falsely accusing someone of being a racist is crapping on them on a level rarely seen on the forum.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:45 am

Scratchiro wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:20 am
IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:49 am
Shed Long also sucks. He blew just as many opportunities as Seager. Jesus pal... 3-1 count and you swing? Let the guy who is walking everyone throw a ball you clown.
How dare the 23 year old with 50 mlb at bats under his belt make a mistake. :evil:
I get that but man the second the ump called ball 3 he should have been thinking either don't swing or at least don't swing unless its an absolute cookie. It wasn't like he had to make a split second decision. My 14 yo nephew doesn't make that mistake. I would bet my life on that.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:46 am

I guess trying to be a hero and end the game instead of tying it up and having it go another hour or two could have been on his mind and in a meaningless game that's a pretty good rationale. Or maybe he was thinking about our 2020 1st round draft pick. :)
dt