5/10 GameThread-JP Shredding at the Boston TeeOff Party

Jack Merridew

Re: 5/10 GameThread-JP Shredding at the Boston TeeOff Party

Post by Jack Merridew » Sat May 11, 2019 3:13 am

Freespeech wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 3:02 am
Jack Merridew wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 2:46 am
Jerry Dipoto is a real genius. He realized the good ship Mariner was sinking and that his days here were swiftly drawing to a close, so he managed to buy himself 3 more seasons (at least) of job security by creating this whole "we're setting up to compete in 2021" thing. By then, he'll have enough in the bank account to retire to Tahiti, and we'll still be stuck with a crappy baseball team with Ackley/Smoak/Franklin/Montero/Saunders/Liddi/Carp 2.0
You read my book. Both Bavasi and JackZ pulled similar scams and ownership bought into it. I remember Chuck Armstrong's reasoning for bringing Bavasi back for his last year; he wanted to establish consistency. Adam Jones and others for Erik Bedard? Sure, consistent with a losing organization.
It's amazing how many failed prospects this organization has put out over the past 12 years or so. The only ones, in fact, that didn't fail were Jones, Felix, Seager, and a couple others that were lucky enough to get traded away before their careers ended in a flaming wreck.

Hy Feiber

Re: 5/10 GameThread-JP Shredding at the Boston TeeOff Party

Post by Hy Feiber » Sat May 11, 2019 5:32 pm

Jack Merridew wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 3:13 am
Freespeech wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 3:02 am
Jack Merridew wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 2:46 am
Jerry Dipoto is a real genius. He realized the good ship Mariner was sinking and that his days here were swiftly drawing to a close, so he managed to buy himself 3 more seasons (at least) of job security by creating this whole "we're setting up to compete in 2021" thing. By then, he'll have enough in the bank account to retire to Tahiti, and we'll still be stuck with a crappy baseball team with Ackley/Smoak/Franklin/Montero/Saunders/Liddi/Carp 2.0
You read my book. Both Bavasi and JackZ pulled similar scams and ownership bought into it. I remember Chuck Armstrong's reasoning for bringing Bavasi back for his last year; he wanted to establish consistency. Adam Jones and others for Erik Bedard? Sure, consistent with a losing organization.
It's amazing how many failed prospects this organization has put out over the past 12 years or so. The only ones, in fact, that didn't fail were Jones, Felix, Seager, and a couple others that were lucky enough to get traded away before their careers ended in a flaming wreck.
You’d be hard pressed to find another organization which has wasted so many number 1 draft picks, several General Managers included; in comparison, Houston starts 3 number 1’s, Correa, Springer, and
Bregman.

Even Gillick had less than stellar drafts.