Re: Virus Schmirus

Post by Double Mocha Man » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:31 pm

BaseHitDerby wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:44 pm
Double Mocha Man wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:57 pm
Moe Gibbs wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:30 pm
How or why would you include PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT INFECTED with the INFECTION MORTALITY RATE...? :shock: :roll:

As long as this disease is used as a tool by the Globalist owned news media to unseat Trump, people will question COVID19s origins as well as the obvious inflated [false] death counts.
Moe, you're right up there with James Fetzer and his conspiracy theories. I prefer both rates... percentage of people (healthy and otherwise) who will catch the the virus and die... AND the rate among those who have the virus and will die. That way I'll know my odds no matter which group I'm in and then place a bet with my bookie.

Gil said, " It's misleading to argue "see how wrong the so-called experts were" or "see, we didn't need all these restrictions after all," because what we did affected the outcome." Yeah, but see BaseHitDerby... those so-called experts have their Ph.D's. Got yer mask ready for tomorrow?
I get it, you rather listen to liberal mainstream media journalists with their liberal arts degrees than Ph.D.s that do research studies for a living.
I get it too. You're trying to fit me into a box. Unlike you I follow multiple news outlets; right-leaning, left-leaning and in the middle. Then i make up my own mind. And I stay open-minded if things change. You should try it. P.S. Read what Gil said about Ph.D's above and peer review. I doubt Mr. Fetzer and his 30 points would pass peer review. Not disparaging Ph.D's... not the honest ones. I have two degrees, 336 credit hours and 7 1/2 years of college/university. Same as a Ph.D but more generalized. So you can put me on a pedestal, as well. And obviously, everything I say or write is the truth. Go Mariners!
DMM

BaseHitDerby

Post by BaseHitDerby » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:47 pm

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:31 pm
BaseHitDerby wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:44 pm
Double Mocha Man wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:57 pm

Moe, you're right up there with James Fetzer and his conspiracy theories. I prefer both rates... percentage of people (healthy and otherwise) who will catch the the virus and die... AND the rate among those who have the virus and will die. That way I'll know my odds no matter which group I'm in and then place a bet with my bookie.

Gil said, " It's misleading to argue "see how wrong the so-called experts were" or "see, we didn't need all these restrictions after all," because what we did affected the outcome." Yeah, but see BaseHitDerby... those so-called experts have their Ph.D's. Got yer mask ready for tomorrow?
I get it, you rather listen to liberal mainstream media journalists with their liberal arts degrees than Ph.D.s that do research studies for a living.
I get it too. You're trying to fit me into a box. Unlike you I follow multiple news outlets; right-leaning, left-leaning and in the middle. Then i make up my own mind. And I stay open-minded if things change. You should try it. P.S. Read what Gil said about Ph.D's above and peer review. I doubt Mr. Fetzer and his 30 points would pass peer review. Not disparaging Ph.D's... not the honest ones. I have two degrees, 336 credit hours and 7 1/2 years of college/university. Same as a Ph.D but more generalized. So you can put me on a pedestal, as well. And obviously, everything I say or write is the truth. Go Mariners!
Fetzer did not write those 30 points out of his ass. He got it from sources in which some are peer reviewed. Those hyperlinks can lead you to sources. Obviously, you didn't check them out but automatically disregarded them and spouted your views (this coming from such a highly-educated person as yourself). I don't even read many news outlets and actually read more left-leaning sites like Yahoo.

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:57 pm

BaseHitDerby wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:47 pm

Fetzer did not write those 30 points out of his ass. He got it from sources in which some are peer reviewed. Those hyperlinks can lead you to sources. Obviously, you didn't check them out but automatically disregarded them and spouted your views (this coming from such a highly-educated person as yourself). I don't even read many news outlets and actually read more left-leaning sites like Yahoo.
He wrote them to arrive at a pre-determined conclusion he wanted to present. People do that. I am not saying all 30 are bogus. And as the right-wing, conservative Republican, Trump supporter you are it was so fucking predictable that you would attack my education. You guys are all alike.

Remember to put that mask on tomorrow.
DMM

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:07 am

I hope everyone on this site is having a good time reading our back-and-forth BS. :D

Let's get baseball started so we have something less incendiary to talk about.
DMM

BaseHitDerby

Post by BaseHitDerby » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:11 am

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:57 pm
BaseHitDerby wrote:

He wrote them to arrive at a pre-determined conclusion he wanted to present. People do that. I am not saying all 30 are bogus. And as the right-wing, conservative Republican, Trump supporter you are it was so fucking predictable that you would attack my education. You guys are all alike.

Btw, I didn't even vote for Trump in 2016 but I fully support him now. I made maybe 5 posts on politics back in the old ST forum.

Just remember to go riot this weekend.

gil

Post by gil » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:11 pm

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:57 pm
BaseHitDerby wrote:

I think DMM is absolutely correct here: "(Fetzer presented the 30 points) to arrive at a pre-determined conclusion he wanted to present. People do that."

Taking these 30 points at face value (and leaving aside James Fetzer's record of conspiracy theories such as Holocaust denial and "no one died at Sandy Hook Elementary School - which I admit is hard to do and trust anything he writes), it is pretty clear to me that his purpose was to find and present arguments that support a specific point of view. But it's cherry picking: the 30 points are useful if you want to argue that the threat of COVID-19 is overblown, or that various entities (in these 30 points it's particularly Democrats, the federal bureaucracy, and The WHO) have made big mistakes at some points.

I've certainty done the same kinds of things (reading a blog or a twitter post and saying "Aha! Yes I agree with this person!") But that isn't research; that's just argument.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:57 pm

I treat what i read the same as I treat you guys...I question it

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:42 pm

I've been reading the crock of reasons not to wear a mask... uggh.

Guy in Maryland who led protests against stay-at-home orders, who went to church, went everywhere without a mask got very sick and was diagnosed with Covid-19. But the kicker is that he refuses to provide a list of his contacts. Heroic, freedom-loving, constitutional but he's going to end up killing some of his friends, and their friends and their family members. What a jerk! Also not very smart. He's 53, diabetic, has had mini-strokes and underlying health concerns. He was ripe...
DMM

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:38 pm

Fact is we have this virus around now and like any virus, we have to learn to live with it and that doesn't mean shutting down any businesses.... Everyday we face risks.... deal with them sensibly.... wash your hands and don't stick your fingers in your nose, and then your mouth.... Social distancing? Unfortunately, my dick is not six feet long, so I have to get a bit closer to be "social". I'm an ex liberal who left the democrats a couple decades ago.... I'm one of those dumb red-necks who think OJ Simpson was guilty as hell, who doesn't believe Jeffrey Epstein committed suicide, and at age 74, would probably drive over Nancy Pelosi and then back up over her again with my car if I found her in a crosswalk in front of me. Just doing my patriotic duty....

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:50 pm

I don't think you have to be a dumb red-neck to know that OJ was guilty.

With a Vaccine that works, is effective and safe we just may get out of this. I hate to think of spending the next 50 years wearing a mask, washing my hands 20 times a day and sitting in nearly empty bars. I shoulda gone to Texas for the last month.
DMM