Forum members introduce yourselves

Double Mocha Man

Re: Forum members introduce yourselves

Post by Double Mocha Man » Mon May 06, 2019 8:40 pm

... having flashbacks to Custer's last stand...
DMM

tbear44

Post by tbear44 » Tue May 07, 2019 3:50 am

I posted a picture of the first forum party in 2008, but I took it down until I get the OK from Oso and AT to post it. It was a great party and AT was an awesome host.

Happy as hell

Post by Happy as hell » Tue May 07, 2019 4:14 am

tbear44 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:50 am
I posted a picture of the first forum party in 2008, but I took it down until I get the OK from Oso and AT to post it. It was a great party and AT was an awesome host.
That bad, huh?

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:14 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 7:55 pm
Re: 5/6/19 Mariners vs The Yanks.
Unread postby Livesmatterinthiscountry on Mon May 06, 2019 12:21 pm

This maybe the last thread. I will leave this open for anyone old or new to use if they want to post. There have been many good posters / insightful people that have left because of the spam and i don't blame them. Wondering why i never joined the new site ? I am going to be civil about it and not post that here although i probably should for the benefit of anyone new coming here and wanting a place to post and share sports with.
Oh boy. Really?
He just posted to himself in the Times Forum proposing the idea of joining this forum. Hopefully he tells himself to go **** himself.

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Wed May 08, 2019 12:00 am

DavidGee24 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:48 am
57reasons wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 4:09 am
i was also wondering if LivesMatter would make it over here. not sure if you've looked back at the ST site, but he seems to be the last one there other than the spam trolls. something about that seems appropriate. :lol:
I just looked at today's game thread in the Times and not only is he starting threads and making all the posts, but because virtually nobody else is taking part he apparently is also logging in under his former handle hardcoremarinersfan and he's having that one answer his posts like another poster.
That’s nothing, last night I tried talking to myself and got rejected!

desbcoach

Post by desbcoach » Wed May 08, 2019 2:43 am

DT SB stands for softball coach, I used to coach one the more successful competitive fastpitch team in the state. De stand for The SBcoach :-)

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 08, 2019 2:48 am

desbcoach wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:43 am
DT SB stands for softball coach, I used to coach one the more successful competitive fastpitch team in the state. De stand for The SBcoach :-)
Got it. A little Spanish, a little acronym and the rest is self explanatory. :)
dt

Freespeech

Post by Freespeech » Wed May 08, 2019 2:29 pm

This is a great thread guys.

I chose the name Freespeech back in the early 2000s on the old P-I board. I was originally wallymustgo and then WMG2 after getting kicked off as the original. My goal was to get Wally Walker fired before he ruined the Sonics and the team was sold to out of town investors. Seriously. I used to write for SonicCentral.com along with some really great writers; Dave Kronfeld, Todd Linde, and the bell cow Kevin Pelton who went on to work for the Sonics and now ESPN.

My negativity toward Walker, the "Teflon Moron" was not well received by management and I was constantly harassed by the mod of the day thus the name changes. I was the one behind the airplane banner that read "Go Sonics Fire Wally Walker." I was even interviewed on KOMO by Eric Johnson. They were actually very supportive of my efforts.

Once the Sonics left I spent a little time on other forums but kind of settled on the M's. I try not to be negative but I find it more interesting to discuss teams that have, uh, issues rather than well run organizations. The M's fit the bill. I attended the very first Pilots game in 1969 as well as the M's first game. '95 was awesome, but I really dislike the current ownership as I believe they have been a parasite on SODO and the Seattle fans. I try to separate my hatred of Big Ugly John Stanton, Chris Larsen, and the rest of the sociopaths who run this club from the players and my love of baseball. But their constant screw ups make that difficult.

Personally as most of you know I manage a thoroughbred racing stable based in Kentucky but I still live in Kent. When I travel I try to see ballparks as often as possible even if I can't get to a game. Racetracks and ballparks are very similar with their history and traditions.

It's been great getting to know guys like DT, Mike, Rocky and others. Thanks to everyone for posting here so we can get to know each other better. Onward and upward.

ꓘLooking

Post by ꓘLooking » Fri May 10, 2019 5:48 am

Hello people, ꓘLooking here. Formerly Gittin't'home, an infrequent poster over at the Spam Times forum. Mostly lurked there, joining Jan. 2010, had about 240 posts. Loved baseball all of my life ever since my brother showed me how and used to play a little catch with my Dad. Played a lot of sandlot baseball with friends and some Little League, tried out for the high school team having not played for six years. The coach liked my arm but cut me because I was poor at fielding and hitting. I think I was a little at risk of getting hurt but that didn't dampen my baseball love.

My old name came from a combination of liking Jim Thome and I almost 'git' a home run he hit to deep left field in Safeco off Jeff Weaver in 2007. I should have had the souvenir but stepped back so a kid wearing a Felix Hernandez jersey could pick it up.
ꓘLooking is because I like to watch baseball and I hate batters looking at a 3rd strike.

Luckily I lurked about the time dt posted the announcement of this new site or I would have never found it.

I travel a bit so will drop in from time to time. This is a much better forum ball field here.

ꓘLooking

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Welcome forum brother! Glad you found us! :)
dt