6/6 Afternoon Delight or Disaster GameThread

IStillLoveTheMs

Re: 6/6 Afternoon Delight or Disaster GameThread

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:46 am

Scratchiro wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:20 am
IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:49 am
Shed Long also sucks. He blew just as many opportunities as Seager. Jesus pal... 3-1 count and you swing? Let the guy who is walking everyone throw a ball you clown.
How dare the 23 year old with 50 mlb at bats under his belt make a mistake. :evil:
Yep. Lets just keep making excuses for professional baseball players who have 0 ability to think in a situation despite playing the game all their lives.

If I'm Servais, I'm screaming from the dugout "TAKE THIS GOD DAMN PITCH!"

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:48 am

Another loss!

We have spent the last month + winning 1 and losing 3. Why stop now.

Happy as hell

Post by Happy as hell » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:50 am

Was at the game today. More exciting than I expected given it was Verlander. We might have won had Servais not inexplicably put Adams in for the first inning. The two comebacks were exciting. I stood it out to the bitter end expecting a walk off win. Silly me.

Oh yeah, they closed the roof in the sixth even though it never rained. Last time there I got soaked when they didn’t close the roof in time.

Oh yeah, despite the loss it was an afternoon delight. Love day games.
Last edited by Happy as hell on Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:55 am

Happy as hell wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:50 am
Was at the game today. More exciting than I expected given it was Verlander. We might have won had Servais not inexplicably put Adams in for the first inning. The two comebacks were exciting. I stood it out to the bitter end expecting a walk off win. Silly me.

Oh yeah, they closed the roof in the sixth even though it never rained. Last time there I got soaked when they didn’t close the roof in time.
This “opener” starting out the game is Retarded.

Modern baseball is getting weirder by the day.

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:38 am

I've now come up with a sequel to our new theme song "Working for a Draft Pick". It's "Oop's, the pen did it again". I am concerned that this excuse for a pen has to have a trickle down effect. Kind of "What's the use? rather than " let's grind it out and win one for the Dipper"

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:42 am

Hy Feiber wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:55 am
Happy as hell wrote:

Would love to know the record of teams using an opener. We are 0-2 and would likely be 2-0 if we hadn't.
dt

ice99

Post by ice99 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:46 am

It seems that the M's need to make some moves. Add another player to the 40 man by selecting a player - perhaps Negron, Brugman, or Miller. DFA Cordero. Bring up a reliever like Markel. If Haniger doesn't go on the IL, send down Festa and Adams.

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:47 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:42 am
Hy Feiber wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:55 am
Happy as hell wrote:

Would love to know the record of teams using an opener. We are 0-2 and would likely be 2-0 if we hadn't.
As a fan of old time baseball, No Frills, this “opener” stuff is nuts.

Imagine an “opener” for the 1961 Yanks, with Whitey Ford “relieving” in the second, just don’t make “a lick of sense, no how.”

We semi-purist types are “singin the blues.”

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:52 am

I just wonder how RG can be a fan of the Pilots when at the same time he's playing in the Reds organization. If he hadn't exposed himself already years ago that pretty much would have done it.

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:53 am

The Astros lose Morton, Kuechel, and Marwin Gonzalez to free agency, and McCullers, McHugh, Altuve, Springer, and Correa to injury, and they’re 23 games over .500, Still kicking our ass!

Now That’s An Organization.

Come to think of it, M’s never had it easy even when the Astros were awful.

So what if by some miracle these guys get better in 2021, the Astros and A’s are not gonna run and hide.