Mariners Dunn.... Astros just getting started.. GT

AT Funchal-Madeira

Mariners Dunn.... Astros just getting started.. GT

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:32 pm

Ms have three chances to double their win total this season vs Astros... but today Gerrit Cole will be gunning for record 320th strikeout this season to eclipse JR Richard. Cole will also be trying to afford the M's the best draft position possible come June by destroying our offense tonight. And M's fans can quibble over status' of Ichiro, Seager, and Felix over the winter cause somebody in this country should care besides their wives.... So the last week is upon us and I am still searching for a win... but against the Astros? It's fool's play....

All MLB lineups appear to be posted except the Mariners.... evidently our genius manager is still loading data into his lineup app....

DavidGee24

Re: Mariners Dunn.... Astros just getting started.. GT

Post by DavidGee24 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:50 pm

The Mariners have a chance to make history in this series. The MLB record for most wins by one team over another is 18, set by the Indians this season in going 18-1 against the Tigers. If the Astros sweep the Mariners they'll equal it.

Terry, I know you want the team to lose for draft position. There's kind of a perverse side to me that wants to see the Mariners tie this mark for futility against the Astros as well as see Maalox Smith become officially the worst player ever to win an MLB stolen base crown.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:50 pm

Some guy was lamenting Mallex and Dee being in the lineup. Of course Divish had to impart his authority figure status.
Ryan Divish
@RyanDivish
·
26m
Replying to
@Fistpuncher7272
Well, it's still possible that Mallex and Dee are on the team next season. They will obviously try to move Dee in the offseason. But moving Domingo is more of a priority than Mallex. I doubt Fraley makes the team out of spring next year
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:53 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:50 pm
The Mariners have a chance to make history in this series. The MLB record for most wins by one team over another is 18, set by the Indians this season in going 18-1 against the Tigers. If the Astros sweep the Mariners they'll equal it.

Terry, I know you want the team to lose for draft position. There's kind of a perverse side to me that wants to see the Mariners tie this mark for futility against the Astros as well as see Maalox Smith become officially the worst player ever to win an MLB stolen base crown.
Yes, David, I admit there's an element of perverse satisfaction im wanting the M's to just fold ship and lose out. But if you get the sixth pick, it's not just one pick..... it's picking ahead of a couple other teams for 30 rounds... and we have chances in the first ten or even fifteen rounds to pick someone who could develop into something special....

Here's the lineups:

HOU Lineup Gerrit Cole

George Springer (R) CF
Jose Altuve (R) 2B
Michael Brantley (L) DH
Alex Bregman (R) 3B
Yuli Gurriel (R) 1B
Carlos Correa (R) SS
Kyle Tucker (L) LF
Martin Maldonado (R) C
Josh Reddick (L) RF

SEA Lineup Justin Dunn

Shed Long (L) LF
J.P. Crawford (L) SS
Kyle Lewis (R) 3B
Kyle Seager (L) RF
Omar Narvaez (L) C
Austin Nola (R) 1B
Daniel Vogelbach (L) DH
Dee Gordon (L) 2B
Mallex Smith (L) CF

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:56 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:50 pm
Some guy was lamenting Mallex and Dee being in the lineup. Of course Divish had to impart his authority figure status.
Ryan Divish
@RyanDivish
·
26m
Replying to
@Fistpuncher7272
Well, it's still possible that Mallex and Dee are on the team next season. They will obviously try to move Dee in the offseason. But moving Domingo is more of a priority than Mallex. I doubt Fraley makes the team out of spring next year
Lots of priorities..... Move em up, head em out.... RAWHIDE! :P :P :P :P

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:11 am

If Dee Gordon is on this team next season I will end my 45 years sports fan career and take up bird or insect watching.
dt

Happy as hell

Post by Happy as hell » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:16 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:11 am
If Dee Gordon is on this team next season I will end my 45 years sports fan career and take up bird or insect watching.
You could do worse. I quite like watching birds and bugs. I know some human beings less interesting.

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:21 am

D-train wrote:
You can watch birds and bugs while listening to Mariners games.

If you're listening to the Mariners while out at sea and happen to see an albatross, I believe it opens a wormhole to a dimension where the Mariners always win the World Series.
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:26 am

Happy as hell wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:16 am
D-train wrote:
You could do worse. I quite like watching birds and bugs. I know some human beings less interesting.
Those were the first two things that came to mind when thinking about Dee Gordon.
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:57 am

Moving Santana is only more of a priority than Mallex because there's actually a return to be had. We're not talking about dfa's here Divish. Lol.