M's franchise history as a sandwich

D-train

M's franchise history as a sandwich

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:42 pm

The bottom piece of Bread is very thick and so old it was rejected by the peasants just before the French revolution and is not only moldy but riddled with maggots. The bottom piece is 18 seasons thick and goes from 77-94. The top piece is also 18 season thick and goes from 2002-19 and is a piece of Hard tack that came over on the Mayflower but as it was being off loaded it fell off the ship into a pig trough.

Here is the inside of the sandwich:

1995 = A nice piece of medium rare prime rib
1996 = American Cheese
1997 = Boars head Smoked Gouda cheese
1998 = Wilted Lettuce
1999 = a very mushy slice of tomato
2000 = Thick slice of savory Carolina Ham
2001 = Fresh caught Maine Lobster that wasn't cooked quite long enough
dt

Millikin

Re: M's franchise history as a sandwich

Post by Millikin » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:28 pm

For me a food metaphor for 2001 would be going to a great restaurant and having an amazing multi-course meal, concluded with a bad dessert.

I still loved the experience and would definitely like to go back-- I just hope dessert has improved.
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:16 pm

I think Panera has that sandwich on the menu.

It's a specialty item... you can only order it in Seattle.
DMM

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:51 am

Can we do this thread over..but compare the franchise to beer..?
If so there is only 1 "most correct" answer...SCHMIDT LAGER.
Just like the Mariners, no other PNW product ever triggered the vomit reflex more often than Schmidt Lager.
BTW..what brand was in those "KINGDOME BEERS"...?
It's been 19 years since we blew up the Kingdome. Some of my greatest baseball memories come from from those simple days when catching a game when traffic was bad on a Friday night was easy as pie and cheap.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:11 pm

Moe Gibbs wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:51 am
Can we do this thread over..but compare the franchise to beer..?
If so there is only 1 "most correct" answer...SCHMIDT LAGER.
Just like the Mariners, no other PNW product ever triggered the vomit reflex more often than Schmidt Lager.
BTW..what brand was in those "KINGDOME BEERS"...?
It's been 19 years since we blew up the Kingdome. Some of my greatest baseball memories come from from those simple days when catching a game when traffic was bad on a Friday night was easy as pie and cheap.
In 2000, I was working at 2nd and Seneca building on the 11th floor. There was actually a large outdoor patio so I invited the whole family down to watch it. Quite a sight. Unfortunately the small fortune I had amassed trading stocks during the internet bubble also imploded the following week. I lost $50k+ three days in a row. :( Thankfully I had already pulled out about $300k to pay off all debt and buy a new car and a house but painful nonetheless.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:33 pm

the Kingdome was the last vestige of a simpler baseball, for as ugly as it was it simply baseball, not the destination event of todays game. Going to afternoon double headers, relaxing to take in a game...

Great old baseball book, "A Day in the Bleachers by Arnold Hano. Its an account of going to the first game of the '54 WS in NYC. The deal is he gets up in the morning and decides to go to the game, he doesn't have tickets. Gee, what can i do today, well the WS is starting. His wife asks if he has tickets, he says no but he will just sit in the bleachers. Bleachers for a WS back then were general admission...

https://www.amazon.com/Day-Bleachers-Ar ... 030681322X

there is a line in it i still remember, something like..."I love going to ballgames with my wife, I love going to ballgames without my wife"...pretty much sums up baseball

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:35 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:11 pm
In 2000, I was working at 2nd and Seneca building on the 11th floor. There was actually a large outdoor patio so I invited the whole family down to watch it. Quite a sight. Unfortunately the small fortune I had amassed trading stocks during the internet bubble also imploded the following week. I lost $50k+ three days in a row. :( Thankfully I had already pulled out about $300k to pay off all debt and buy a new car and a house but painful nonetheless.
I recall fellow workers back then who took some of their winnings to buy fancy wrist watches to monitor their stocks... 8-)
You were in a good position to be a little bit patient, but 3 days of losses in a row like that...wow..!

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:44 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:33 pm
the Kingdome was the last vestige of a simpler baseball, for as ugly as it was it simply baseball, not the destination event of todays game. Going to afternoon double headers, relaxing to take in a game...

Great old baseball book, "A Day in the Bleachers by Arnold Hano. Its an account of going to the first game of the '54 WS in NYC. The deal is he gets up in the morning and decides to go to the game, he doesn't have tickets. Gee, what can i do today, well the WS is starting. His wife asks if he has tickets, he says no but he will just sit in the bleachers. Bleachers for a WS back then were general admission...

https://www.amazon.com/Day-Bleachers-Ar ... 030681322X

there is a line in it i still remember, something like..."I love going to ballgames with my wife, I love going to ballgames without my wife"...pretty much sums up baseball
Awesome. When I lived in the U district while going to UW I would got to Sunday afternoon games hung over alone with the Sunday Sports page. Pretty much sat anywhere I wanted and probably spent $10 for the whole excursion. Probably so the Hackman hit one out and go one flap down around the bases. Glorious.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:50 pm

Moe Gibbs wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:35 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:11 pm
I recall fellow workers back then who took some of their winnings to buy fancy wrist watches to monitor their stocks... 8-)
You were in a good position to be a little bit patient, but 3 days of losses in a row like that...wow..!
Kept thinking it would bounce back. Was frozen with fear, unable to act.
dt

roosevelt

Post by roosevelt » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:25 pm

The M's are a bologna sandwich with white Wonder bread and Miracle Whip.