Page 1 of 2

More sackings

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:54 pm
by mostonmike
Bench coach Manny Acta,
infield coach Perry Hill,
hitting coach Kevin Seitzer and
first base coach Eric Young Jr. will all be replaced in the offseason, according to the Mariners.
HTUlzE4aoAAbq_E.jpg

Re: More sackings

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:57 pm
by Walla Walla Dawg II
Are they retaining Edgar, or has he resigned to.... to support Dan?

Re: More sackings

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:21 pm
by GL_Storm
I guess they're keeping the pitching coaches since those guys did such a bang up job.

Re: More sackings

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:51 pm
by mostonmike
GL_Storm wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:21 pm
I guess they're keeping the pitching coaches since those guys did such a bang up job.
Maybe they tell them tomorrow, fingers crossed?

4 conversations in one day is a lot to be fair. Most I ever sacked in one day has been 2 and thats a tough thing to do. They are still human beings, I guess.

But hopefully he has asked another 4 to come to the office tomorrow. :lol:

Re: More sackings

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:05 pm
by GL_Storm
mostonmike wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:51 pm
GL_Storm wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:21 pm
I guess they're keeping the pitching coaches since those guys did such a bang up job.
Maybe they tell them tomorrow, fingers crossed?

4 conversations in one day is a lot to be fair. Most I ever sacked in one day has been 2 and thats a tough thing to do. They are still human beings, I guess.

But hopefully he has asked another 4 to come to the office tomorrow. :lol:
Maybe, but I kind of doubt it. The pitching coaches have a longer track record of success.

Re: More sackings

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:06 pm
by AlvinDavisFan21
Kevin Seitzer was one of the worst, if not the worst hitting coach the Mariners ever had.

Re: More sackings

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:09 pm
by Sibelius Hindemith
I thought Perry Hill was supposed go be some kind of miracle worker.

Re: More sackings

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:26 pm
by Gametime
Jerry is never held accountable. Thanks owners.

Listening to him now. Sounds exactly the same as usual. Deflects most blame.

Re: More sackings

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:55 pm
by GL_Storm
AlvinDavisFan21 wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:06 pm
Kevin Seitzer was one of the worst, if not the worst hitting coach the Mariners ever had.
I doubt this is the case.

Re: More sackings

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:27 pm
by AZOldDawg
As long as Jerry remains it will continue to be “spin city”