Page 1 of 1

Brandyn Garcia-Stellar year.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 1:02 am
by Hy Feiber

Re: Brandyn Garcia-Stellar year.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 1:35 am
by GL_Storm
Yep. I was in favor of the trade but not especially happy about giving up a 6'4", power lefty with upper 90's velocity. Generally, the guys they give up don't do much, but it was hard not to see a leverage reliever in Garcia.

Re: Brandyn Garcia-Stellar year.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 2:30 am
by DavidGee24
A 0.740 WHIP pitching for Arizona is downright phenomenal. We should offer to trade Naylor back for Garcia and pay both salaries.

Re: Brandyn Garcia-Stellar year.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 2:54 am
by D-train
DavidGee24 wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 08, 2026 2:30 am
A 0.740 WHIP pitching for Arizona is downright phenomenal. We should offer ti trade Naylor back for Garcia and pay both salaries.
:D

Re: Brandyn Garcia-Stellar year.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 4:26 am
by Donn Beach
I was just thinking, Arozarena was a pretty good trade, and with the Rays. That's how you want a trade to work seems to me

Re: Brandyn Garcia-Stellar year.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 4:38 am
by D-train
Donn Beach wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 08, 2026 4:26 am
I was just thinking, Arozarena was a pretty good trade, and with the Rays. That's how you want a trade to work seems to me
I don't know if the Rays will every recover....

Re: Brandyn Garcia-Stellar year.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 4:42 am
by Donn Beach
D-train wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 08, 2026 4:38 am
Donn Beach wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 08, 2026 4:26 am
I was just thinking, Arozarena was a pretty good trade, and with the Rays. That's how you want a trade to work seems to me
I don't know if the Rays will every recover....
A good trade doesn't mean you screwing the other team.

Re: Brandyn Garcia-Stellar year.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 4:44 am
by D-train
Donn Beach wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 08, 2026 4:42 am
D-train wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 08, 2026 4:38 am
Donn Beach wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 08, 2026 4:26 am
I was just thinking, Arozarena was a pretty good trade, and with the Rays. That's how you want a trade to work seems to me
I don't know if the Rays will every recover....
A good trade doesn't mean you screwing the other team.
The did get screwed on that trade other than the cost savings but yeah they seemed to have survived.

Re: Brandyn Garcia-Stellar year.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 4:50 am
by Donn Beach
Yeah, they apparently didn't need him. They flipped him and moved on. The mariners did need him but wasted a slick trade

Re: Brandyn Garcia-Stellar year.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 2:49 pm
by D-train
This is similar to what bpj did but is comprehensive. Terrible GM. The numbers don't lie.