Some civil but negative observations

AZOldDawg

Some civil but negative observations

Post by AZOldDawg » Thu May 30, 2019 2:26 am

It is becoming painfully obvious that we to not have even close to a major league competitive pitching staff

We continue to play sloppy, sloppy baseball which I think is an indicator that guys are just "showing up" and our step back has transcended into a leap back

Of all people I think Hanniger has been the most impacted by our team performance. He should be hitting at least .275 with even better periferals

I just don't think SS with his Mr. Rodgers approach is what's needed right now although I don't have an answer. Naw . . . I nominate AT

The fine hairs on the back of my neck are indicating that JD is going to go on a trading frenzy and, if so, let's hope he gets lucky because he needs it

Most of us recognized this was going to be part of the process but it's been worse than I anticipated. When you commit to a rebuild you have to make more good decisions than bad and it looks to me at this point that the converse is true

DavidGee24

Re: Some civil but negative observations

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:03 am

You don't have to note that it's civil, we know deep down you're going GRRRRR, HARUMPH!

Agreed, a step back is one thing but this has gone so far beyond that. Generally when a team is really awful your average fan can only name two or three of their players. The Mariner roster is full of players that your average fan knows and people have to wonder how in the world that team in Seattle can be so terrible.

You get the feeling that a lot of the players just don't want to be there. The veterans are counting the days until they're traded and playing pretty much for themselves. It's doubtful they're helping younger players because they have nothing invested in Seattle. This filters down and you see the results on the field. It's a team that can't get out of 2019 fast enough.

Speaking of which, the 2019 Seahawk season can't get here fast enough.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu May 30, 2019 3:23 am

A step back isn't pretty, This one especially and at this rate the number 1 pick is in sight. Hanniger started off poorly right from the starting gate and never has got going. The shine is wearing off the stars

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 30, 2019 3:32 am

Mitch is striking out way too and not getting enough hits but he basically has the same WAR as Harper at about 1/30 the price and is only a bit behind his 2018 pace. He just needs a nice hot streak and he will be right back on track. Not worried about him...............yet.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu May 30, 2019 3:58 am

D-train wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 3:32 am
Mitch is striking out way too and not getting enough hits but he basically has the same WAR as Harper at about 1/30 the price and is only a bit behind his 2018 pace. He just needs a nice hot streak and he will be right back on track. Not worried about him...............yet.
Maybe if he would stop trying to hit home runs when he isn't a natural power hitter his average would go up and his strikeouts would go down.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu May 30, 2019 4:32 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 3:03 am

The Huskies are playing quality softball right now as we speak. Trust me, they are much more enjoyable to watch than the Mariners. Of course, as a HS softball coach I may be biased.

I am also super excited for the Husky football and basketball seasons to come. I only wish we get a little more participation on those topics here in this forum. We had a few dedicated Husky commentors over on the Times forum. Not sure if they migrated over or not.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 30, 2019 4:42 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 4:32 pm
DavidGee24 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 3:03 am

The Huskies are playing quality softball right now as we speak. Trust me, they are much more enjoyable to watch than the Mariners. Of course, as a HS softball coach I may be biased.

I am also super excited for the Husky football and basketball seasons to come. I only wish we get a little more participation on those topics here in this forum. We had a few dedicated Husky commentors over on the Times forum. Not sure if they migrated over or not.
This is without a doubt the slowest time of year for either Husky Hoops or football. Things will pick up late summer and Fall.
dt

SpokaneCoug

Post by SpokaneCoug » Thu May 30, 2019 5:20 pm

For my sanity, I'm trying to compare this year's M's to the Cleveland Indians in 'Major League'..... Can't hit, can't pitch, can't field, and even have issues running the bases. But don't worry, Scott Servais will put a life size stand up of a naked John Stanton (of course for every win, a piece comes off) and this team wins the pennant in the end!!!!!

Mallex Smith = Willy Mays Hayes. "You may run like Mays, but you hit like shit!"
Tim Beckham = Roger Dorn. "Don't give me this 'ole bullshit', get in front of the damn ball!"
Dan Vogelbach = Pedro Cerano. "Righties, I hit very much - Lefties, bats are afraid."
Ricky Vaughn = Every M's Pitcher. "Last time I tried that, they hit one that hasn't landed yet".

Ugh, I drink a lot. More Fireball needed.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu May 30, 2019 6:08 pm

WoodinvilleCoug wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:20 pm
But don't worry, Scott Servais will put a life size stand up of a naked John Stanton (of course for every win, a piece comes off) and this team wins the pennant in the end!!!!!
(5/30/19, Servais brings out cardboard Stanton)
Servais: The way I see it, it's going to take 92 victories to win this thing. Every time we win a game a piece comes off.

(9/29/19, Servais stares forlornly at cardboard Stanton, only his arms exposed)
Mitch Haniger: Sorry skip, we really did try, believe it or not.

SpokaneCoug

Post by SpokaneCoug » Thu May 30, 2019 7:00 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 6:08 pm
WoodinvilleCoug wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:20 pm
But don't worry, Scott Servais will put a life size stand up of a naked John Stanton (of course for every win, a piece comes off) and this team wins the pennant in the end!!!!!
(5/30/19, Servais brings out cardboard Stanton)
Servais: The way I see it, it's going to take 92 victories to win this thing. Every time we win a game a piece comes off.

(9/29/19, Servais stares forlornly at cardboard Stanton, only his arms exposed)
Mitch Haniger: Sorry skip, we really did try, believe it or not.
:lol: