Seattle Mariners #2 ranked Farm System

Sexymarinersfan

Seattle Mariners #2 ranked Farm System

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:45 am

Both Miami and San Francisco jumped 15 spots from last year's rankings, but the Mariners made an even bigger leap, going from No. 22 to the second spot. No. 11 overall prospect Jarred Kelenic, 20, rose to Double-A and posted a .904 OPS with 23 homers after being acquired from the Mets. Julio Rodriguez (No. 18) hit .326/.390/.540 in his first campaign away from the 19-year-old's native Dominican Republic, reaching Class A Advanced Modesto. In the short term, first baseman Evan White (No. 56 overall) signed a six-year, $24 million contract in November, meaning he'll likely open in the Majors. His solid bat and elite defense at first base figure to be regular features in the Mariners' starting nine. Then there's outfielder Kyle Lewis and his surprising six-homer outburst during an 18-game Major League stint last September and 18-year-old shortstop Noelvi Marte and the .309/.371/.511 line he produced in the Dominican Summer League. If Marte keeps hitting after moving stateside, he should give the M's yet another Top-100 prospect by midseason.

https://www.milb.com/milb/news/minor-le ... -312714824

Vogelbomb

Re: Seattle Mariners #2 ranked Farm System

Post by Vogelbomb » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:33 am

The whole farm system thing goes in waves -- typically -- but credit to Dipoto and his team in getting this job done the way it has to be and doing it exceptionally.

Really makes me appreciate the teams that can stay top 15-20, with yrs in the t10, year after year after year. Apparently the Yankees and the Rockies I wanna say, are the only two teams to have a t100 prospect every yr since 2000? I could be wrong on either the number of teams or the year but most of that is right.

Anyway, M's coming up. Kel, JRod, Gilbert, White, Marte and Lewis are legit. A couple in there are future MVPs. Gilbert is an ace. Kirby, Campbell, Williamson, Then and Carlson are more arms on the way. My boy J Dunn is going to be solid. Can't wait for him this year. He's a student of the game and a quality kid. I think he's really going to put the right work in to be great. I just really like the group we've got maturing together.

Good things in store. FINALLY

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:58 am

Thank you Jerry Dipoto.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:02 am

Why is there another thread with the same title as this one, which was created one minute after this one, has -1 (that's negative one) replies, and was supposedly started by Donn Beach at 10:46 pm and replied to by Smf at 10:45 pm (a minute before it was created). And when you try to open the thread, it says it doesn't exist. :lol:

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:13 am

A duplicate thread was created and I failed to correctly delete it.
Attachments
giphy-3.gif
giphy-3.gif (1.42 MiB) Viewed 1886 times

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:44 am

Somehow, i don't think it was your fault.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:47 am

he created a thread that didn't identify who did the ranking, so I asked, he then made another thread that included it, and deleted the first one, that is your conspiracy.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:45 pm

So why didn't he just edit the original or add another post with the link? You're trying to tell me there weren't other people involved who forced him, perhaps at gunpoint, to start a new thread, and then reversed the flow of time in the original thread? In fact it may well be there were aliens involved here.

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:28 pm

To me the key to the farm is the development of Cal Raleigh and there's a plethora of pitchers I'm looking to develop.... beyond Sheffield, Dunn, and Kikuchi.... Gilbert, Kirby, and guys like Gerber, Newsome, Corneil, Fletcher, Delaplane, Guilbeau, and Warren... Also, this is a big year for Noelvi Martes..... if he can progress the way Kelenic and Rodriguez did last year, we could be seeing a superstar in the infield to replace Seager by 2021 or 2022. It's just gonna be fun watching...Arkansas and Modesto especially....

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:40 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:45 pm
So why didn't he just edit the original or add another post with the link? You're trying to tell me there weren't other people involved who forced him, perhaps at gunpoint, to start a new thread, and then reversed the flow of time in the original thread? In fact it may well be there were aliens involved here.
I think I saw Maury Wills behind the grassy knoll.
DMM