Read if you are a Fraley fan.

Hanjag

Read if you are a Fraley fan.

Post by Hanjag » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:17 am

Oh my!
https://seattlesportsinsider.com/?q=blo ... aley-cf-lf

I gotta wet your taste buds but there are so many juicy bits there to consume. I will give you this:
The Baseball Draft Report had a scouting report right before, and after, he was drafted in 2016:

JR OF Jake Fraley is an outstanding prospect. I may have actually underrated him despite ranking him twentieth overall in the college class back in October. Here’s what was written then…

... it would be easy to overlook Fraley, a tooled-up center fielder with lightning in his wrists, an unusually balanced swing, and the patient approach of a future leadoff hitter. Do so at your own discretion.

Noted as best defensive OF in Rays system

Nice, right?

Juliooooo

Re: Read if you are a Fraley fan.

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:39 am

I don't know how he continually gets left out of the top 10. Hit for average check. HR 11 this year in a pitcher friendly park, check. Defense, plays CF and plays well, check. Speed he has 16 SB and 5 CS, check. He is a 4 1/2 tool player. Only thing missing is the strong arm. Not a big deal in CF, can also play him in LF too, but having his bat and power in CF is a huge asset. It may come down to him vs Kelenic in CF though, so maybe he will be the LF.

Guy has done nothing but hit in the Minors since finally getting healthy last year.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:37 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:39 am
I don't know how he continually gets left out of the top 10. Hit for average check. HR 11 this year in a pitcher friendly park, check. Defense, plays CF and plays well, check. Speed he has 16 SB and 5 CS, check. He is a 4 1/2 tool player. Only thing missing is the strong arm. Not a big deal in CF, can also play him in LF too, but having his bat and power in CF is a huge asset. It may come down to him vs Kelenic in CF though, so maybe he will be the LF.

Guy has done nothing but hit in the Minors since finally getting healthy last year.
I read he got PHed for tonight. No sign of injury. He may be on the move.
dt

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:45 am

Juliooooo wrote:

I hope people hit the link because they are one of my go-tos. But another juicy little bit was the fact they included: The last we'd heard from the Mariners -- forgetting where it was -- was that Fraley could get to AAA before too long and if so, a September callup would be standard operating procedure for a 24-year-old like him.
I would really love to see those 3 reach peak potential as a group JRod, Kelenic, Fraley,, Hell I will still throw in Lewis to that conversation.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:59 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:37 am
Juliooooo wrote:

He's had a lot of little injuries the last few weeks. Bumps and bruises where he missed a game here or there. Wonder if it's related.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:02 am

Great read. Things around here can go dark with all the losing, but to see our future really getting it done. Fantastic

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:09 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:37 am
Juliooooo wrote:

You called it. Tacoma bound