What is a Jarret DeHart?

rockycola

What is a Jarret DeHart?

Post by rockycola » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:09 pm

Mr. DeHart is the Mariner assistant hitting coach. I am pretty sure he is probably a pretty nice guy. I don't know, maybe he's a ogre.

What are his credentials? I have no idea, except maybe he's a nice guy or maybe he is an ogre. He has a killer beard. Dustin Ackley had a killer beard, too, but he was the reverse Samson. He grew it and his talents and strength lessened.

Have Jarret and Dustin ever met? Probably not so that has no bearing on this assistant hitting coach question, unless the conversation is about killer beards.
Jarret DeHart
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jarret DeHart
Seattle Mariners – No. 44
Hitting coach
Born: October 2, 1994 (age 25)
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Bats: Left Throws: Right

Teams
As coach
Seattle Mariners (2020–present)
Jarret DeHart (born October 2, 1994) is an American professional baseball coach. He is the assistant hitting coach for the Seattle Mariners of Major League Baseball (MLB).

Playing career
Raised in Medford, New Jersey, DeHart played prep baseball at Shawnee High School. He attended Louisiana State University his freshman year of college, playing college baseball for the LSU Tigers. After his 2014 freshman year, he played collegiate summer baseball with the Hyannis Harbor Hawks of the Cape Cod Baseball League. He transferred to Howard College for his sophomore year of college. He then transferred to Tulane University for his final two years of college, playing for the Tulane Green Wave.

Coaching career
DeHart joined the Seattle Mariners organization and served as a coach for the AZL Mariners in 2018. In 2019, he served as a minor league hitting strategist for the organization.

On November 7, 2019, DeHart was named the assistant hitting coach for the Seattle Mariners.
Ok, now that we know what a Jarret DeHart is, what does he really do? Can he help JP Crawford get out of his funk?

Incidentally, the Mariner Hitting Coach is Tim Laker. Does anyone know what he does and how Jarret DeHart assists him?

Kyle Lewis appears to be very gifted but was derailed by his injury. Now healed, he's knocking the cover off the ball and the shit out of opposing pitchers.
Evan White was brought up way too early in his young career imho, had a bumpy start. Dismal, really. M's brass saw something special in him, let him flail, kept the faith and look at him now. Growing into a monster right before our very eyes. On the job training, learning, correcting, improving day by day.

This is exciting. Exhilarating. This is beginning to look like maybe, just maybe, Jerry DiPoto's reimagining vision and plan is showing fruition.

Servais? I still am not sure about him but then again, I still miss Lou.

So, this DeHart fella; where is he and what do he do?

Sunday morning musing...........

https://www.baseball-reference.com/regi ... hart000jar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarret_DeHart
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: What is a Jarret DeHart?

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:46 pm

I'm not sure I understand what prompted this inquiry on your part. Do you have reason to believe that he isn't qualified to be an assistant MLB hitting coach? I guess he doesn't really have much experience (2 years as a coach in the minors). Do you think there was perhaps something shady or improper in his quick promotion to the big club?

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:56 pm

Is he somehow related to Totaleclipseof DeHart?
DMM

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:06 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:46 pm
I'm not sure I understand what prompted this inquiry on your part. Do you have reason to believe that he isn't qualified to be an assistant MLB hitting coach? I guess he doesn't really have much experience (2 years as a coach in the minors). Do you think there was perhaps something shady or improper in his quick promotion to the big club?
Nothing of a sort. I made an offhand comment on another thread about The 6 F's fielding guru of the M's, Perry Hill. DT made a legit comment that JP should be talking to the hitting coach as Crawford has been underwhelming with the bat recently in the power department.

That got me wondering who the hitting coach is and I found out the M's even have an assistant hitting coach. From there I looked him up, saw his inexperience and very young age so I "introduced" him in my offbeat way to the brethren of the forum.

Nothing more. My intent was not to cast aspersions on DeHart. Hope he's valuable and helping the Mariners. Hell, maybe I'm even a bit jealous that he's got a job in professional baseball.

Good question.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:07 pm

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:56 pm
:lol:

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:17 pm

rockycola wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:07 pm
Double Mocha Man wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:56 pm
:lol:
I thought it was just another example of DeHart wanting what DeHart wants